Police & Fire showed up to the movie theater I was at today.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I've been at the theater twice before when the Fire Department showed up. Once was a fire in the women's bathroom (most common place for theater fires apparently as women go in there to smoke then chuck the butt in the trash). Other time was a fire in the ventilation ducts.

But so far the Police had never shown up along with Fire.

Seems like a guy died during the movie I was watching... :(

I've got a habit of sitting through the entire movie as well as the credits. You never know what will be at the end of the credits. Or sometimes the names/credits themselves are interesting.

Anyway, as is usual most people had got up and left when the credits started so by the time they were finishing up there was almost no one left besides me. But 2 rows in front of me there was this guy who had been trying to wake someone up for the last minute or so of the credits. He didn't seem to be trying hard (only telling the guy to wake up) so I wasn't sure that he knew the guy. Credits end so I get up and start to leave. Just as I walk by the guy calls an usher over and says " I think we might have a problem". Usher asks why and he says "I can't wake him up".

By this time I've already walked past the 2 guys and need to take a leak so didn't pay too much attention to the scene other than thinking it was odd that the guy had called an usher over for someone that had fallen asleep during the movie. I just kinda wrote it off as dude was very tired and I went and took a leak.

As I exit the restroom, a pair of managers are hauling ass into the theater. Now I was wondering what was going on and getting the feeling that it wasn't a very good sign. As the managers ran into the theater another was on the phone to 911. The person on the phone had gotten more info about the situation while they were on the phone.

So I stick around for a minute to see what's up. Fire shows up first, police very shortly after. Yet neither are in any hurry to get into the theater. Which seems to me that they had probably been told that the guy was dead. A minute or so later the line of people waiting for the next show on that screen wasn't going to be let in and they were gonna have to wait.

Couple minutes after that and the Medics slowly walk out. But no one else does. Not the Police, nor the managers or the guy that was trying to wake the other guy up.

I waited around for a little bit longer and still no one had left. By this time I'd sat there for over 20 minutes watching this all go on and decided I'd had enough and that I didn't really need to see em haul out a body on a stretcher and I left. I had planned on catching a second movie after the first one. But after that I changed my mind and called it a day.

tl;dr Guy died during a showing of Split that I was watching.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Was it an old dude, natural causes? How did homeboy die? Did he get shot?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
That butter is full of cholesterol.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
at least no one got shot

Yup

Was it an old dude, natural causes? How did homeboy die? Did he get shot?

Not shot. Dunno how he died. And yeah I think he was older. Didn't get a good look at him as he was a couple rows in front of me and I wasn't paying super close attention to him as I walked out as I seriously was just thinking he was dead asleep and not actually dead. I was tired as fuck, so why couldn't he be, right? Mind you this was a 1:30PM showing of Split and kinda forgot that most people aren't normally so tired during that time of day like I am.

Sounds like someone got a hot shot.

Could be. Theater I was at isn't exactly in the nicest part of the Seattle area.

That butter is full of cholesterol.

Where can you get actual butter on your popcorn anymore? Maybe smaller independent theaters I suppose but any larger theater chain has used "butter flavored topping" for quite some time. Though that shit is probably just as bad.

I mentioned this to a buddy of mine that used to be a theater manager. First he says "how bad was the movie?" then he asks "was it scary?". Wasn't that bad. Also wasn't very scary IMO, though I guess there was a scene or two that could've possibly startled someone just enough to help induce a heart attack if you were damn close to having one anyway...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
shit happens I guess...

Spoiler:
"Were this coldness not a fundamental trait of anthropology, that is, the nature of people as they really are in our society, they would not necessarily be profoundly concerned by what happens to all others except for the few with whom they are closely connected, possibly by common interests, then Auschwitz would not have been possible. People would then not have accepted it. The coldness of soiety's monad, the socially isolated competitors, is like an indifference to the fate of others, the condition that all were watching and nobody acted."

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
actually happens a lot at airports. Our society does an amazing job of hiding death. It's happening all the time, but you rarely have to experience it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I was at a BB King concert in high school. During one of the songs paramedics came in and hauled someone away who was allegedly having a heart attack. I read in the newspaper the following day that the man passed prior to leaving the theater.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
actually happens a lot at airports. Our society does an amazing job of hiding death. It's happening all the time, but you rarely have to experience it.

Watched a documentary about how they do it in Vegas hotels. How they all have a standard protocol to follow as far as cleaning and body removal. And they all have a back elevator to get bodies out without people noticing.