BIG

sony fanboy
I'm gonna go see this one for sure.

Chow Yun Fat ftw :buttrock:

B-

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Oh man, I couldn't stand the second movie. What a steaming pile of crap it was compared to the first movie. I don't know if I will risk going to the theaters to see the next one...this time I'll wait until it's on TV.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
tokengamer said:
Oh man, I couldn't stand the second movie. What a steaming pile of crap it was compared to the first movie. I don't know if I will risk going to the theaters to see the next one...this time I'll wait until it's on TV.

QFT

The second one was garbage.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I also loved the first, hated the second. I thought I was the only one!

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
I also loved the first, hated the second. I thought I was the only one!

hehe, nah, I only know a few people who liked the second one.

My GF was a huge fan of the first movie, so we went to see the second on opening night.

After it was over, she was like WTF was that...

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
This one looks great.

The second one sucked during the first half but picked up nicely during the second half. Alright over all.

PopeCuervoLime

Avid Neo-Expert
15 Year Member
The one thing I didn't like about any of the Pirates movies was that there were at least 5,000 screenwriters for each one. The end result was a patchwork of one-liners, choppy scenes, and schizo pacing. But I'll probably see it since I saw the first two.

Bill Nighy FTW.

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
Oh okay,

I just hope the movie doesn't get drowned with ridiculous wire-fu.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
El_Duque said:
Chow Yun Fat?

How did a Chinese guy end up in the Caribbean?

obviously the use of asians is an attempt to bring in some historical accuracy, since most of the sea piracy nowadays comes from south east asia.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
tokengamer said:

QFT x 2. The sequel blew so hard I have very little interest in the 3rd one, even if we have a Chinese Pirate in CYF.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
:spock:

What was bad about the second one? The ending? I vaguely remember people complaining about it... The fight on the water wheel made it worth any disappointment.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:

What was bad about the second one? The ending? I vaguely remember people complaining about it... The fight on the water wheel made it worth any disappointment.

What made PotC good the first time was that Jack Sparrow stole the show. But then in the second one he was the show. It's all about Jack now. That's what sucks. Jack Sparrow is a great character, but playing off of him being the star of the show is a stupid move.

The best thing about Once Upon A Time In Mexico (came out roughly same time as PotC) was Agent Sands, who stole the show. What if the movie was all about him? It would suck and no one would like it.

Basically, Johnny Depp is like BoTox - great in small doses, but gets really bad in large doses.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I think that nobody likes OOATIM already.

I'm reserving judgement on the second depending on the payoff in three. (Will they be able to rescue _______? Will ______'s father be redeemed?)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:

Um, the fight on the water wheel is where I said "alright already, this is getting out of hand". There was just too many damn things gonig on all at once. The movie was all over the place. I hated the use of the same old jokes from the first one over again in this. I know it's a movie, and the quality and acting all seemed great, but boy was this unbelievable the entire time. I mean, Jack was a kilometer away from the boat in one scene, very next scene... BAM! There he is. On the boat. Bad editing, perhaps? I don't know, I just didn't care for it. Great special effects, but rehashed jokes and over the top action on a regular basis made me tired.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
wasabi said:
What made PotC good the first time was that Jack Sparrow stole the show. But then in the second one he was the show. It's all about Jack now. That's what sucks. Jack Sparrow is a great character, but playing off of him being the star of the show is a stupid move.

The best thing about Once Upon A Time In Mexico (came out roughly same time as PotC) was Agent Sands, who stole the show. What if the movie was all about him? It would suck and no one would like it.

Basically, Johnny Depp is like BoTox - great in small doses, but gets really bad in large doses.

Good point on Once Upon A Time In Mexico.

And yes, that is pretty much what is wrong with the second POTC.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Woaoaoaoaoaoaoaaaaooaaahhhh! Cool MOVIE!

.....wait for it.....

I can't wait to fucking PIRATE it!. :lol: :lol: :crying:

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
wasabi said:

Lol.

I like him for the most part. Mainly because of Edward Scissorhands and Secret Window. I still saw it as William, Elizabeth, and Jack. He makes you laugh in the role, and I like doing so.

I don't remember what happened in Once Upon A Time In Mexico so I couldn't say. I didn't even recall him being in there.

Spike Spiegel said:
Um, the fight on the water wheel is where I said "alright already, this is getting out of hand". There was just too many damn things gonig on all at once. The movie was all over the place. I hated the use of the same old jokes from the first one over again in this. I know it's a movie, and the quality and acting all seemed great, but boy was this unbelievable the entire time. I mean, Jack was a kilometer away from the boat in one scene, very next scene... BAM! There he is. On the boat. Bad editing, perhaps? I don't know, I just didn't care for it. Great special effects, but rehashed jokes and over the top action on a regular basis made me tired.

I agree that a lot was going on. The entire East India Trading Company plot seemed out of place. Probably would have been better if they were included a bit in the first.

Last edited:

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Well I know alot of you are hating on it, but it supposed to be a kids/family movie from Disney, so what do you expect?? That second one was a bit much, but not altogether that bad....And I am sure at some point everyone who said they wont see the third one ,will, its unavoidable, everybody's gonna be talking about it, and then youll go see it/rent it or whatever just out of curiosity.

Oh yeah and Keira Knightley is hot good enough reason to see it right there.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
yeah, the second paled in comparison with the first, but i'm still going to see this in theatres. doesn't look quite as centered on jack (depp) :glee:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
N80G80 said:
And I am sure at some point everyone who said they wont see the third one ,will, its unavoidable

Still haven't seen Matrix Revolutions here.