OK OK... Who here believes in Ghosts... Spirits... Poltergeists...?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Yep, I believe.

Where are all the guys who post up all those chilling personal stories every Halloween?

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I dont, and I'm Mexican.
I do remember believing that shit when I was a kid, my other relatives use to scare me with stories of la llorona and other supernatural stuff. Chupacabras was my favorite.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Where are all the guys who post up all those chilling personal stories every Halloween?

Here's one from the Haunted Hotel in Okinawa. A lot of people died during it's construction and the project was eventually scrapped. Being built next to an ancient burial ground probably didn't help matters either.

1975263_10152247640365907_2085226954_n_zpsino6tyna.jpg

10006962_10152247640300907_680874974_n_zps7x2wplnf.jpg

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Real life is boring and doesn't have that kind of shit. When we die, we cease to exist and that's it.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Nope. Just the human brain and the unseen world (outside of the human auditory/visual spectrum) playing tricks on you. The explanation for most "paranormal" events is really boring. People would much rather believe that there's ghosts and angels because it's more interesting... and comforting.
here's the thing - everything in the universe has a boring explanation - or multiple boring explanations - attached to it - the only things we give meaning to are those that we can observe, and these are given boring explanations, when taken out of the context of personal sensory human experience.
it's not in my opinion paradoxical for something to have a mundane explanation attached and something which holds meaning to the witness - this includes all types of experiences people undergo.
you can deconstruct anything and everything that you come across - the feeling of love for instance - dehumanize it in the process - but there's a side to such things which can only be described from the perspective of sensory experience - evolution, if you will, has deemed it necessary that we rely on our senses to tell us that what we are undergoing at the time is a true event.
there is value in believing in your senses and giving credence to ghost stories if only because of the social, biding function it accomplishes. there's no need to become a fanatical, you can just provide a quota of suspended belief regarding such matters. awe is a very human thing. I for one enjoy not knowing and not wanting to/realizing I will never know completely.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Here's one from the Haunted Hotel in Okinawa. A lot of people died during it's construction and the project was eventually scrapped. Being built next to an ancient burial ground probably didn't help matters either.

1975263_10152247640365907_2085226954_n_zpsino6tyna.jpg

10006962_10152247640300907_680874974_n_zps7x2wplnf.jpg

I don't know if that's real but it's fucking freaky, so good on you for sharing. plus I live in an old appartment building and I've seens some weird shit in the hallways. but honestly - I ain't fraid o no ghost.
though that picture frightens the shit out of me

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
My whole life and still even now I believe in only things that can be scientifically explained but I have personally witnessed some crazy shit first hand that I have no logical explanation for even decades later and the nature of which could not have been misinterpreted as a normal phenomenon.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lol people believing in the supernatural is so 1000AD

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I live in an approx 150 year old Victorian house. I also work part time in one.

I seen some shit...

Not gonna say "I believe in ghosts" but I've watched a deadbolted door open to stairs that were covered in dust down a stairway I'm not supposed to have access to.

There's been other shit but whatever.

Not gonna say I believe but i think something is up.

The waverly sanatorium is just 20 minutes from my house, I've been living here two years and still haven't got my balls up enough to go take a tour. Will someone please go with me and hold my hand.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I live in an approx 150 year old Victorian house. I also work part time in one.

I seen some shit...

Not gonna say "I believe in ghosts" but I've watched a deadbolted door open to stairs that were covered in dust down a stairway I'm not supposed to have access to.

There's been other shit but whatever.

Not gonna say I believe but i think something is up.

Lol that's a new build in Britain

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
itt: people too proud to say "i do"

Pride is believing that human beings are so important that they're better than every other living thing and continue existing after they die.

Look up infrasound and apophenia if you're ever bored on a Sunday night. Makes a lot more sense than dead people roaming the hallways of old buildings wearing their old clothes.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I've yet to see anything supernatural in my life...

Like my stance concerning religion, I'm quite agnostic on the subject. For me to say "yes, I believe i it" would e an absolute lie...but on the other hand, so say "No, I do not believe in it." is also false...because there's no proof against it.

How about this...

I'll believe it when I see it for myself. Pictures, or other's stories, or even supposed videos of supernatural events prove nothing in my opinion. I need to see it right in front of me...

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I actually do believe in ghosts. Although I do not know if they really are people who died like we think. From a scientific approach it could be many things. Like other similar dimensions.

I do however have a story that I will post later tonight about myself and a few other friends that all saw the same thing while fishing at a spillway in Ohio around 2001. But right now I am going to get dinner. Be prepared to make fun of me later.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Is there residual energies and feelings during mass death and murder? Perhaps, but I personally don't dismiss that they don't exist. I try to be reasonable and have explanations for most occurrences however sometimes can't explain all of them. I always like to bring up some of the Civil War haunting's like Rocky Point Manor, Carnton Mansion, Loretta Lynn's Plantation House and other places like the Epperson House.

Very strange and unusual events down South, lots of old historical buildings, events, and unique history surrounds those places. I think there might be some truth to some hunting's but not all.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Fuck yeah I do. Experienced a few incidents. If we get into sharing stories, I'll give some details.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I try to be reasonable and have explanations for most occurrences however sometimes can't explain all of them.

This is what brings about ghost stories. There are a million things that happen to me every day that I could not explain to you no matter how long I thought about it. Typing this on a thin screen that sends it over to whoever reads this wherever they are on the planet right now is one of them in fact.

It's a slice of human arrogance that moves things that are outside of their understanding straight into the realms of supernatural. Just accept that you have no idea how the world works in so many ways, I have, it's liberating.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
OK here is a shitty picture I drew in about 30 seconds. Basically the river is in the middle, and it is a small dam that the Ohio River empties into. We were there because huge fish are suppose to come out into that river from the dam. Behind me and my friends is a little walk to a parking lot, everything to the right of us is heavily wooded area. The area on the left behind the dam is a old freeway, and large, very steep rocky cliffs. You could not walk up these, or down them without getting hurt. The point here is where the ghost starts it would not have been possible for it to get there without going past us. The ghost actually starts at the top of the stairs on the dam on his side, a little further back then the picture suggests. So basically here is what happened. Read after the picture.

scary.jpg

OK, so we were all fishing, keep in mind I was completely sober, and we were not drinking. We had been there maybe an hour, it was late, well after midnight. Very dark and no one else around. You can actually walk around to the other side of the dam, which we did before coming back to where we were in the drawing to set up our gear. We were originally all hanging out by me in the picture, but my friends went about 10 feet back to smoke and asked me to watch the lines.

All the sudden out of nowhere a very dark, hooded looking figure started at the top of the stairs, and started going down them. At that point my friend Danny was like "Jeremy, what the hell are you doing over there watch the lines", and I replied, "I'm right here!!". My other friends, David, Josh, and Jerry, and Jeremy, all stopped what they were doing and got really quiet. Mind you a few seconds had only passed this thing was now at the bottom of the stairs and was heading down the path toward where you see it sitting in the pic. This thing had to be close to 7 feet tall, and it didn't walk, it glided like on a Jetson's escalator, to the grassy patch in the picture, where it sat down. I mean this thing was so dark, it had no features, it just looked like a tall, dark hooded figure with no features you could see. By the time it sat down my friends were all finally by me, and we were looking for any sign this thing was a real person. We started yelling "hey! what you doing over there?", "come over here" etc.. This thing never answered. Then we noticed this weird light right by the head that looked like a cigarette cherry. but it was much brighter. We kept yelling. Still no response.

Then were were finally starting to accept this wasn't something human. We then for some dumb reason decided to start throwing rocks at this thing. It never flinched and they went right through it. The thing never moved it just sat there. We packed our shit in about 20 seconds and walked as fast as we could out while 2 other walked backwards to the car. It was about a 3 minute walk to the car, and it was intense as fuck. I admit, I was scared. And everyone else was too.

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago, because I can not remember what the place was called. I want to look it up and see if there were any similar events recorded.

But to top it all off me and Josh went to work the next day. We both worked for Airborne Express in Wilmington Ohio. We were talking to this guy and he was like "what you all do this weekend?". Me and Josh didn't mention the sighting, but simply stated we went to the spillway to fish. The guy immediately replied "Oh! you 2 went to spook hollow, you know that place is haunted don't you?"

I still get cold chills when I tell people the story. The hairs on my arm stand straight up when I think of that figure gliding across the path. It was the first and only ghost related thing that ever happened to me, and the only thing I need to know to realize there is unexplained stuff out there. You really have to see this stuff, to believe it.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Geez greedo, reading that story made me shiver 0_0! You know that fuzzy electric feeling that makes your skin goosbump? Ya, that.