ok lets everyone vote for your favorite in these movie categories!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
vote for your favorite in these categories. if you dont have one just skip it. ok lets go!

BEST MURDER MYSTERY (WHO DUNIT?) MOVIE:

i will have to say CLUE though i really want to explore this type of movie some more because i like them. clue is just so good, its perfectly cast and has so many good lines in it. funny too. runner up: murder by death? dont remember too much of this one cuz i really wasnt paying attention to it while it was on. will give it another shot some time.

BEST FANTASY (DRAGONS AND LV 60 MAGES) MOVIE:

hmm interesting i will have to say WILLOW. i dont know why i like this movie so much, it just has so much good atmosphere but im sure if i watched it tomorrow i would give a hardy laugh to all the cool special effects. plus it has so many midgets with the short sausage type fingers. :kekeke: runner up: lord of the rings fellowship of the ring. pretty relaxing movie with a great atmosphere. 100x better than the other 2 parts of the trilogy but as a whole it was a great effort.

BEST UNDERDOG MOVIE:

prolly gonna have to be the original rocky. not only was it an excellent movie in its own right but it spawned some of the gayest 80's sequels ever to be seen. i cried tears of joy when rocky and appolo were splashing around the beach in slo mo and super duper short shorts hugging eachother. :crying: but anyway original rocky is a class movie. runner up: major league. lol what can i say i love this movie so many awesome characters and great lines. when i was younger i could quote like the entire movie. i wish the sequels never happened because they were so bad. :oh_no:

BEST CYBERPUNK MOVIE:

lololol must be hackers. i do not know why i like it. it has bad acting, a stupid plot and its really, really fake. those might very well be the reasons why it was the first dvd i ever bought though. :envy: runner up: blade runner. though i thinks its pretty overrated and its especially painful to watch after reading the book i cannot deny the A+ atmosphere it provides.

BEST POST APOCALYPSE MOVIE:

hmmmmmmm this genre gets overlooked too much imho in both movies and games. i really havent seen too many of them even though its one of my favorite genres but i gonna have to say mad max 2. part 1 is good too but it seemed like a 90 minute stunt show. part 3 wasnt to good iirc. runner up the postman? heh, really not sure what to put here but i can actually endure viewings of both postman and water world, which prolly puts me in the minority.

OK!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I'll go with Identity. I don't feel like justifying my opinion. Those who have seen it know that it was a very good who dunit. Arguably the best - arguably on any other night than this one.

Big trouble in Little China. Let's just say you got Lo Pan and the 3 storms, and they fuck up any gang of asian martial artists that comes across them, but red neck Jack Burton, the mythical driver of the Porkchop Express, succeeds where all the yellow people have failed. Inspirational, fantastic, and really, an unbelievable crock of WASP shit. One of my favorite movies of all time.

BEST UNDERDOG MOVIE:

Beverly Hills Ninja. One day, you'll all put this down.

BEST CYBERPUNK MOVIE:

Gattaca. The most subtle science fiction of the 1990s.

When was the apocalypse? The year New Kids on the Block and Vanilla Ice came out? If so, that leaves a lot of good contenders. It's a toss up between Fight Club and Donnie Darko, with mad props to The Lost Highway.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I just realized that the Apocalypse actually occured on millenium 2000. After that point, Nas, Jay-Z, and every other surviving rapper went down the crapper.

But my choices stand.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Best Murder Mystery: Murder By Death (I know... but I like it).

Best Fantasy: Not my fave genre, probably the first Conan movie.

Best Underdog: Hmm... either one of The Ice Pirates, Blues Brothers or High Encounters Of The Ultimate Kind (Cheech & Chong).

Best Cyberpunk movie: Blade Runner.

Best Apocalypse: Brazil or Escape from New York.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Best Murder Mystery: never saw a good one.

Best Fantasy: the empire strikes back. [all other sw movies suck]

Best Underdog: real genius.

Best Cyberpunk movie: please. blade runner.

Best Apocalypse: akira --- then mad max.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Best Murder Mystery: Can't think of one at the moment...

Best Fantasy: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Best Underdog: Animal House

Best Cyberpunk movie: Blade Runner

Best Apocalypse: Oldie but goodie: Planet of the Apes. It WILL happen sooner than you think :kekeke:

SSS

neo retired
Best murder mystery: not really a mystery movie, but The Usual Suspects

Fantasy: Willow kicked ass, however Dark Crystal is a masterpiece

Underdog: Takashi Miike's Deadly Outlaw Rekka

scifi: Dark City

Apocalypse: uhh.... Logan's Run

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

Star Trek VI: THe Undiscovered County. Only Because I just watched it last weekend. Spock as Sherlock Holmes? Yes, more please! And Chris Plummer as Chang was casting perfection as the villian. We all knew he was behind it, but the Vulcan too? And Starfleet officers. Awesome.

Princess Bride. Monsters, Princess, Pirates. Good Fantasy. Funny too.

BEST UNDERDOG MOVIE:

Bad News Bears.

BEST CYBERPUNK MOVIE:

Ghost in the Shell. Still an amazing specimen of hand drawn animation. Good use of computer technology as well. Not overdone. For effect. Still remains a staple in my library to this day. Wonderful.

Shawn of the Dead. Makes the end of the world seem fun. No?

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer

-Mazes and Monsters, starring Tom Hanks :kekeke:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0084314/

BEST CYBERPUNK MOVIE:

-Yar, Blade Runner.

-I would have to say Escape from New York, even though it doesn't technically involve an Apocalypse, per se. It definitely has the feel and vibe, though.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Best Murder Mystery: Arlington Road

Best Fantasy: Clash of The Titans

Best Underdog: Rocky

Best Cyberpunk movie: The Running Man

Best Apocalypse: Mad Max

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Best Murder Mystery: Dario Argento's Deep Red

Best Fantasy: The LOTR trilogy, closely followed by Labyrinth

Best Underdog: Rocky, again..

Best Cyberpunk: Ghost in the Shell, closely followed by Tetsuo: Iron Man

Best Apocalyptic: Steven King's The Stand

and I'm going to add..

Best Horror: Romero's Dawn of the Dead

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member

The Usual Suspects

Excalibur

BEST UNDERDOG MOVIE:

Baseketball

BEST CYBERPUNK MOVIE:

Hackers

Running Man

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
BMM: Usual Suspects
BF: Labyrinth (closely followed by The Passions of Christ)
BU: AWOL (edit Savior is incredible too: with Dennis Quaid - ever watched it?)
BC: The Crow
BPA: The Pianist

there are probably better but that's off the top of my sleepy head

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

Somebody else said Identity, and I'll echo that as well. This movie would've been so much greater for me if my sister hadn't fucking told me the whole ending when I asked her what it was about. Nothing worse than going through a (good) movie knowing the outcome.

I have no idea. Not fond of LOTR type shit.

BEST UNDERDOG MOVIE:

Karate Kid. One of the best 80s films ever. The 2nd one was alright, and the third one was so bad I watch it over and over again. Nothing like Kreese hunting down an old Nam buddy to do the 19 year old kid in who shot his dojo profits down with a crane kick. I don't count that girl shit as part of the series, FYI.

BEST CYBERPUNK MOVIE:

Everybody says Bladerunner, and I've yet to see it. I should find it somewhere to DL. The first Terminator does it for me. No need to explain

Dawn of the Dead. I have frequent nightmares about the world turning to zombies and it's just me left. Silly, but my only real fear in this life.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
murder mystery: Se7en
runner up: Memento

fantasy:Willow
runner up: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

underdog: Rocky IV
runner up: Real Genius because I can't think of anything different

cyberpunk: Blade Runner
runner up: Akira

post apocalypse: Terminator 2: Judgement Day
runner up Dawn of the Dead (1978)

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
rocky IV!?!??!?! :eek:

you know thats the one with the russian right? i thought the was universally considered the worst rocky ever. my ratings go:

rocky>rocky5>rocky2=rocky3>>rocky4

wasnt sure what identity was til i looked it up then realized i saw it before. decent movie but not all too great imho. bad news bears is my 2nd runner up for underdog category. id have to watch basketball again but i remember it being pretty funny. the first time i watched it because i was like 17 and jenny mcarthy was in it. :emb:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Best Murder Mystery: Seven

[Edit: Shit I forgot to add Usual Suspects in there as a tie with Seven]

Best Fantasy: this one goes to the Lord of the Rings trilogy

Best Underdog: The Karate Kid

Best Cyberpunk movie: Terminator 2

Best Apocalypse: Dawn of the Dead (original)

Also want to add that Unbreakable is the best superhero movie ever.

Last edited:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
FeelGood said:
rocky IV!?!??!?! :eek:

you know thats the one with the russian right? i thought the was universally considered the worst rocky ever. my ratings go:

rocky>rocky5>rocky2=rocky3>>rocky4

wasnt sure what identity was til i looked it up then realized i saw it before. decent movie but not all too great imho. bad news bears is my 2nd runner up for underdog category. id have to watch basketball again but i remember it being pretty funny. the first time i watched it because i was like 17 and jenny mcarthy was in it. :emb:
Rocky IV is my favorite Rocky film. Its probably the most jingoistic, macho, chauvinistic piece of modern American (or any) popular cinema of all time. I fucking LOVE the blatant Democracy vs Communism theme and the insanely over-dramatic music and Night Ranger/Journey arena rock training montages. It REEKS 1980s.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
superhero movie is a good category i forgot to include. :crying:

unbreakable, though, never seemed to climax just puttered through the plot and eventually ran out of gas. shame too because it had the makings of a truly awesome movie. :oh_no: i remember being so disappointed when that movie ended which usually never happens cause when i see a suck movie i usually just laugh it off.

and yeah i understand about rocky 5 but i think its better than most give it credit for. rocky 2 was the same as 1 but oh so predictable. rocky 3 was really good plus it had mr t AND some of the gayest 80s stuff to ever grace the silver screen (sweaty man skin +1 :drool_2: ) but i just like 5 better. its only downfall is the homoerotic rap music (wheres the power classical!?!?!? :very_ang: ) and tommy gunns mullet. :emb:

im all for 80's corn but rocky 4 is just embarrassing to me. :kekeke:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
FeelGood said:
superhero movie is a good category i forgot to include. :crying:

unbreakable, though, never seemed to climax just puttered through the plot and eventually ran out of gas. shame too because it had the makings of a truly awesome movie. :oh_no: i remember being so disappointed when that movie ended which usually never happens cause when i see a suck movie i usually just laugh it off.

But you have to give it to the story, Shamalamadingdong wrote one hell of a concept just too bad he falls short on the execution

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Buro Destruct said:

runner up: Real Genius because I can't think of anything different

Ahh.. how could I forgett one of my favorite movies of all time...

"Do you run?"

"Only when chased..."

I love that flick with every part of my body... (even my peepee)

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

Clue

really are there any others? I guess I haven't seen them

enjoyed the whole LOTR trilogy

other than that, the only ones I can think of, Dragonheart and Reign of Fire are laughably bad.

BEST UNDERDOG MOVIE:

Rocky 1 is really the only Rocky I care for

uh Rudy?

BEST CYBERPUNK MOVIE:

honestly I don't know what fits this category and I haven't seen blade runner, sorry crucify me now

I'm really really tempted to fit Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind into this category, think about it let me know if you think it fits

runner up Donnie Darko

comedy winner Shaun of the Dead

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Best Murder Mystery: Clue

Best Fantasy: Dune

Best Underdog: Major League

Best Cyberpunk: Blade Runner

Best Post Apocalypse: Cyborg