offical wwe thread

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Apparently Brock took some serious liberties at SS beyond what was supposed to happen, and Jericho let him know that he didn't appreciate that bullshit afterward. Jericho tried to get Brock to swing on him. Kind of glad he didn't- I dig Jericho and all and I get what he was trying to do, but Brock would seriously fuck him up if he wanted to.

Given that and Ambrose's comments about him on Austin, sounds like Brock is seriously disliked by almost everyone else.

Oh, and it's apparently IN HIS CONTRACT that he can't be suspended for PEDs.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I noticed that they were hitting each other a little harder than normal.

Not quite japan hard, but much harder than the WWE is used to.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The elbows were probably what the biggest problem was- he knew full well that using an elbow like that would open a cut, that's exactly how you'd do it in MMA.

Dude seems like he's basically a total asshole. I'm glad Mark Hunt and Dean Ambrose are publicly dragging his name through the mud, he deserves to be called out on his shit.

edit: Damn, the contrast between him and 'Taker is crazy, given how each serves a similar purpose at this point. Callaway is the of the most respected guys in the business, ever, and Lesnar is pretty much completely removed from everyone else.

Also, I just thought I should mention- Heath Slater is awesome. Going to be fun to see him win the tag titles. Goldberg should be his partner.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I've felt Slater has been held back by poor creative bs. The free agent gimmick is really good and letting him shine a bit.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Slater might be the most prominent WWE jobber since Horowitz.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Slater aspires to be a Zack Ryder jobber.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Today was Vince's 71st birthday. I have therefore not talked any shit about WWE all day long.

What was the most Vince McMahon thing he ever did, in your opinion?

Me?

Wearing a du rag and booking himself to be champ:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
He changed wrestling and can change history. (Meaning edited old ppvs or tv. He can erase someone or a promotion on a whim.)

We haven't seen enough to judge whether he will be famous or infamous in the future.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

It's a toss-up

-Letting Trips cut that promo on MVP where he said "You people don't get to be champion..."
-The last Nitro, where he cut in on the broadcast to show himself walk down the ramp and declare himself the winner of the Monday Night Wars.
-That whole angle with Trish Stratus and a "comatose" Linda McMahon.
-The angle with Candice Michelle
-The WBF, because he likes sweaty, ripped men.
-Any sort of public humiliation of his own employees, just to show them who's boss:
KZEqX9B.png
-Having Austin "crucified", and doing the same to his daughter, which led to this:
xZMJP5T.gif
-His resting face
dIFxhYj.gif

Helluva commentator tho.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Another killer card coming up on Saturday for ROH's Field of Honor show:
ROH World Championship match: Adam Cole (c) vs Jay Lethal vs Tetsuya Naito vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
ROH World TV Championship match: Bobby Fish (c) vs EVIL
ROH World Tag Team Championship Match: The Addiction (c) vs winner of the gauntlet match
Gauntlet match for Tag Team Title shot: IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions The Briscoes vs War Machine vs Will Ferrara and Cheeseburger vs All Night Express vs Gedo and Toru Yano
IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Michael Elgin (c) vs Donovan Dijak
NEVER Openweight Champion Katsuyori Shibata vs Kyle O'Reilly
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Kushida vs Dalton Castle
Motor City Machine Guns, Lio Rush, and ACH vs Bullet Club (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks, Yujiro Takashi, and Adam Page)

Also
-CMLL star Stuka Jr made his ROH debut on ROH TV this week, the first of many CMLL stars that will start appearing
-ROH signed Marty Scurll
-Roman Reigns was originally supposed to win the WWE World Title and take it with him to Raw, but when he got suspended they let Ambrose take it to Smackdown. What became the Universal Title was originally going to be a Smackdown World Title, and AJ Styles was supposed to win it.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Today was Vince's 71st birthday. I have therefore not talked any shit about WWE all day long.

Me?

Wearing a du rag and booking himself to be champ:

The angle with Trish and comatose( or was she!? ) Linda
His casual racism

famicommander

15 Year Member
Some random wrasslin' news:
-This week's Impact did 373,000 viewers, which is the most since they moved to Thursdays and the second most on Pop (second only to Final Deletion)
-Shinsuke Nakamura listed Nightwish as his favorite metal band when asked. Also loves Queen, which you can totally see in his character
-For some unknown reason, The Headbangers appear to be returing to WWE on Smackdown this week
-Velvet Sky recently said that there's no way WWE would allow the Bully Ray character on TV due to TVPG
-Former wrestler The One Man Gang had his entire home destroyed in the recent Louisiana flooding. Only his family and 11 pets made it out of the home in time. He's currently asking fans to help on a Gofundme page:
https://www.gofundme.com/2lbn0us
13967585_14719920740_r.jpg

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Watched Impact and fell asleep during the main event

Been making my way through Nitro during '99 and Vince Russo has shity ideas and the rumor of Vince M vitoing or course correcting has more weight

famicommander

15 Year Member
I thought Impact was pretty good again. Specially the Hardys/Decay segment. Women's title match was messy. Cherry Bomb is good enough in the ring to be champ but that was a really weird way of putting the belt on her. Maria Kanellis will probably screw her out of the title next week.

Looks like a Sandow/Galloway feud for Bound for Glory
Lashley vs EC3 for the World Title
I'm gonna guess Gail Kim vs Maria Kanellis or Sienna for the Knockouts Title
Decay vs the Hardys for the World Tag Team Titles
DJ Z vs ? for the X Division Title
Moose vs Mike Bennett, I'm guessing

Storm will probably have a match. Eddie Edwards will probably have a match. Not sure if Davey Richards will be healthy by then. Eli Drake definitely will be on the card. Probably Bram.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
They gotta explain what Decay did to Bram before he can just pop up on tv again

famicommander

15 Year Member
Five time WWF Tag Team Champion and legendary manager Mr Fuji, real name Harry Fujiwara, has died at age 82.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Five time WWF Tag Team Champion and legendary manager Mr Fuji, real name Harry Fujiwara, has died at age 82.

The manager of champions! Yoko, Demolition & Muraco immediately came to mind.

famicommander

15 Year Member
What comes to mind is how badly all those guys sucked, and yet how over Mr Fuji was able to get them.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Current rumor is the entire Rock/Diesel beef is to set up a "match" between the two at WM. Which is 8 days before the release of Fast 8.

Holy shit please do not do that.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Current rumor is the entire Rock/Diesel beef is to set up a "match" between the two at WM. Which is 8 days before the release of Fast 8.

Holy shit please do not do that.

I read that rumor and sadly think the WWE will do a Rourke type spot at the very least.