offical wwe thread

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
From a weekend Indy show where Lawler (65) took on Terry Funk (71)...

fireball.0_zpsgphlbicx.gif

How are those two crusty old farts still alive?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
And... WWE is at rock bottom.

I'll be shocked if Reigns doesn't beat Rollins at SS, what with the awful ratings that are going to be blamed on Seth regardless of the fact that he's the best worker on the roster and was given shit material.

I had already stopped watching Raw, and honestly, I don't really feel that the PPVs are worth watching anymore, either.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Young Bucks have signed a deal with Ring of Honor.

They can still appear for New Japan and Pro Wrestling Guerilla, but beyond that they will no longer be appearing for other promotions. They will honor any dates they have already accepted but after that it's ROH, NJPW, and PWG only.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
They keep pushing the illusion that Roman Shitbags almost had lesnar...so laughable. Seth is such an amazing prowrestler, he really has grown in the mic, he finally has crossed that gap that was making him look so uncomfortable behind the mic. I'm hoping he keeps the belt for another year, or maybe give to lesnar and keep it for 5 years, let the intercontinental and US belts mean more, they should.

Kevin Owens has been sucking extremely fiercely lately, I dunno what happen but his move set has been diminished to scruffy crap from the likes of husky harris or something, he can pull good moves I dunno what's going on, so far he's been a horrible champion and even made me forget who had the belt, needless to say Ryback is awful and was a horrible IC as well.

The return of Alberto could be a good thing, what pisses me off is how they disacredit Cena's loss during raw saying he wasn't mentally there, what a fucking sap! The walrus could shove that electric wal-mart scoter up his ass, Alberto can do without. I guess it could be a way to apologize for the bigotry committed in the past? Maybe, either way it's a bad call, it takes away from the prestige that Alberto has always carried with him, the bad thing is that Alberto although confident in the ring he has yet to develop a solid persona, he's richy rich and then he's one of the people, I dunno, make up your mind and make it happen already, you should know better by now.

Undertaker needs to retire, so does Kane and take Big show while you're at it. Hopefully we won't see Mark Henry ever again.

Sorry about all the bitching, WWE has it's pros and cons but lately it's a lot of cons and it outweighs the pros by a landslide.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
You guys need to watch the 10.28.15 episode of NXT. The 2nd match on that card, Jason Jordan and Chad Gable vs. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa, tore the roof off that joint. The crowd was electric, and the action was impressive. The exact shit that you rarely ever see on Raw.

Gawd damn.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rarely on NXT as of late but I agree that match was incredible, making me wanna keep tabs on NXT again. Nia Jax...lollerz...

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
They keep pushing the illusion that Roman Shitbags almost had lesnar...so laughable. Seth is such an amazing prowrestler, he really has grown in the mic, he finally has crossed that gap that was making him look so uncomfortable behind the mic. I'm hoping he keeps the belt for another year, or maybe give to lesnar and keep it for 5 years, let the intercontinental and US belts mean more, they should.

Kevin Owens has been sucking extremely fiercely lately, I dunno what happen but his move set has been diminished to scruffy crap from the likes of husky harris or something, he can pull good moves I dunno what's going on, so far he's been a horrible champion and even made me forget who had the belt, needless to say Ryback is awful and was a horrible IC as well.

The return of Alberto could be a good thing, what pisses me off is how they disacredit Cena's loss during raw saying he wasn't mentally there, what a fucking sap! The walrus could shove that electric wal-mart scoter up his ass, Alberto can do without. I guess it could be a way to apologize for the bigotry committed in the past? Maybe, either way it's a bad call, it takes away from the prestige that Alberto has always carried with him, the bad thing is that Alberto although confident in the ring he has yet to develop a solid persona, he's richy rich and then he's one of the people, I dunno, make up your mind and make it happen already, you should know better by now.

Undertaker needs to retire, so does Kane and take Big show while you're at it. Hopefully we won't see Mark Henry ever again.

Sorry about all the bitching, WWE has it's pros and cons but lately it's a lot of cons and it outweighs the pros by a landslide.

It's Ryback, the most people hope to get from him is a passable match as the only thing he can do is get a chant going. With this feud over now it's off to better things for KO as he looked great in that 4 way

You guys need to watch the 10.28.15 episode of NXT. The 2nd match on that card, Jason Jordan and Chad Gable vs. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa, tore the roof off that joint. The crowd was electric, and the action was impressive. The exact shit that you rarely ever see on Raw.

Gawd damn.

I never miss NXT, Evil Emma though...........smexy as fuck

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account

Gawd damn.

I have not watched that episode yet but I plan to now. If you have Johnny Wrestling (my favorite indie guy by far) with Ciampa going against the incredibly awesome team of Jordan & Gable then it's going to be a classic.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Considering how Alberto Del Rio left WWE in 2014 -- he slapped a social media manager after a racist joke was made and was fired for it -- it seemed entirely possible he may never make his way back. But the company failed to cultivate a top star for the Latino market and the decision was made to bring him back.

He did so at the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view (PPV) this past Sunday night in Los Angeles, California, where he was treated like a returning hero. He beat John Cena clean to win the United States championship.

Now, according to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required but recommended), we know WWE broke the bank to bring him back. Dave Meltzer is reporting that Del Rio was given a $1.45 million per year downside guarantee which, as Meltzer points out, breaks from the usual $1 million guarantee for main event stars.

That's a lot of money, and makes clear why Lucha Underground, AAA, TNA, and any other pro wrestling -- or MMA, for that matter -- promotion were ultimately unable to secure his services.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Ex-pro wrestler Snuka pleads not guilty to murdering girlfriend in 1983

HARRISBURG, Pa. (Reuters) - Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, a professional wrestling star in the 1980s, pleaded not guilty on Monday to third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter in the 1983 death of his girlfriend.

The 72-year-old Snuka appeared before Judge Kelly Banach in Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas in Allentown, Pennsylvania, according to a spokeswoman for District Attorney James Martin.

A native of Fiji who now lives in Camden County, New Jersey, Snuka was charged in September with killing his girlfriend Nancy Argentino, 23, of New York.

She was found dying of head injuries in a motel room they shared in Allentown in 1983 following a local appearance by the wrestler.

Decades after her death, the case was reopened after the publication of a previously unreleased autopsy report that labeled the death a homicide, according to the Morning Call newspaper of Allentown.

Snuka, who recently underwent cancer treatment, told the judge on Monday that he never went to school, could neither read nor write English, and did not know where he was or what day it was, the newspaper reported.

The former World Wrestling Federation star was known for his wild man look and for climbing to the ring's top rope and diving onto the chest of a prone opponent.

"Jimmy Snuka was one of the most popular figures in the WWF in the early to mid 1980s," said Dean Dixon, host of HIACTalkRadio.com, an online channel devoted to professional wrestling.

Snuka remains free on $100,000 bail.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Raw just had its worst viewership performance in 18 years... and that's like the third episode out of the last five that has achieved that dubious honor. The switch to three hours, just like when Nitro did it, has really dragged the show down.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have not watched that episode yet but I plan to now. If you have Johnny Wrestling (my favorite indie guy by far) with Ciampa going against the incredibly awesome team of Jordan & Gable then it's going to be a classic.

That was an incredible match, you need to watch it pronto, one of the greatest Tag matches in NXT ever. Right up there with that Cesaro vs Zain match that started all the buzz a couple? of years ago.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Seth Rollins injury during match

The first night of WWE's European Tour included a scary moment for WWE World Hvt. champion Seth Rollins.

During Rollins's match against Kane Wednesday night in Dublin, Ireland, Rollins appeared to injure himself attempting a sunset flip. The injury is at best a twisted ankle and at worst something serious involving the ankle or right knee.

The spot unfolded with Rollins attempting to flip over Kane from the top rope and deliver a powerbomb through a table. However, Rollins landed awkwardly on his right leg, causing a bad-looking twist. Rollins slumped down to the mat, but finished the spot by delivering a sunset flip powerbomb through the table.

According to live correspondents, Rollins was carried out of the ring, which either points to a serious injury or WWE simply taking a precaution not wanting to put pressure on the injured leg.

WWE can ill-afford to lose their top champion or any other top stars with Randy Orton already injured and John Cena on break.

We will continue to update the story as more information surfaces.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's a similar thing that happened to CM Punk and Bryan Danielson. Come from the indies, become a major workhorse get yourself so over they have no choice but to give you the strap, get your title reign booked like shit, then get hurt working way too many matches.

famicommander

15 Year Member
He has a torn MCL, ACL, and medial meniscus.

Title being vacated, tournament at Survivor Series

famicommander

15 Year Member
Time for the second-stringers!

B-Team, you're up!

:lol:

If only they hadn't totally aborted the push they were giving Steen/Owens, they would have a top heel that is over and can work ready to take the ball and run with it.

Now we're going to get a boring as fuck Reigns feud with Sheamus or someone similarly awful.

If I were booking WWE's current roster, injuries and all, I'd have Owens, Ambrose, Cesaro, Balor, and Joe in the world title scene.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Owens has been awful lately, not sure why, the man is capable. I hope Rollins gets well, one of the best in a long ass time, he'll be missed...fucking Kane...retire them 3 stooges...Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, they had their glory days, time to call it quits.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Owens has been awful lately, not sure why, the man is capable. I hope Rollins gets well, one of the best in a long ass time, he'll be missed...fucking Kane...retire them 3 stooges...Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, they had their glory days, time to call it quits.

At least Kane is still mobile and in shape. Not that I want him in a title feud, but he's not nearly as washed up as Taker or Show.

As for Kev, he lost like five straight major matches after he pinned Cena clean. And then they turned him from a dominant heel into a cowardly one.

I don't have anything but speculation to go on, but Jim Cornette said that Steen can be a real pain in the ass when he doesn't feel like he's being used correctly. I would hazard a guess that his performance is suffering because he's pissed off that they aborted what was clearly a main event push midway through and tried to placate him by letting him take a meaningless strap from that hack Ryback.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
He has a torn MCL, ACL, and medial meniscus.

Title being vacated, tournament at Survivor Series

Rollins out 6-9 months with injury

The worst-case scenario for WWE and World Hvt. champion Seth Rollins was realized on Thursday – Rollins is out 6-9 months with a torn knee following an injury at Wednesday’s European Tour show in Dublin, Ireland.

According to WWE’s website and ESPN, which was given the scoop on the news, Rollins tore his right ACL, MCL, and medial meniscus attempting to sunset flip Kane off the top rope.

Rollins landed awkwardly on his knee, twisting it in a way reminiscent of Pittsburgh Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell just a few days earlier in the NFL, ending Bell’s season.

As a result of Rollins’s injury, he has essentially been stripped of the WWE World Title.

WWE announced that a tournament to determine a new champion will take place at Survivor Series.

Rollins was scheduled to defend the title against Roman Reigns, who will assuredly be included in the tournament.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Roman isn't it. Belt needs to go back to Lesnar for safekeeping until he retires...or until someone worthy comes along...no one in the current lineup, at less Cesaro gets hungry...

Edit: He's not hungry enough yet, he needs more eye of the tiger, almost there though, def my top choice ATM. I'd love for Tyson Kid to take it but that ain't gonna happen, he's injured as well. Dolph? I think it's time but he needs to get serious and start working an angle for this.

Last edited: