No more MVS

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I won't buy anything Atomiswave until I see what kind crap
it is...

KOF_FANATIK

Astra Superstar
I'm with too_short on this one.
There has been nothing to really warrant a purchase for a Atomiswave, I heard GG:Isuka was cool but it is probly the same game.

But if Force Five is any good, then why not.
I hope that the characters keep the serious look since there debut on the Neo. I would hate to see everyone with the anime look, like they gave Yuri in KOF2003:mad:

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
I've had a feeling things would go this way for some time, and my AW purchase will finally be justified. :)

abra

n00b
This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes...again

This is the end

MVS RIP 1990-2004

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
samuraiX said:
Though it is inevitable that eventually the home Neo hardware will die it is still a bit saddening. I wanted to be here 10 years from now buying new Neo games to play on my 23 year old system. While this may not be the tell all end all end of the neo it is certainly another hash on the ever growing sheet that will bring the downfall of the current Neo hardware setup.

goodtimes had by all

This could still be the case man. It just means that by then ALL NEO:GEO MVS games would be being programmed via that Dev Kit BarfHappy is talking about and to my understanding using to program that Neo Vampire Killer game, done by a consortium of fans of different talents from either a particular region (same city) or from all over the world. Then "Limited" releases of MVS and/or AES carts would be produced (it can't be that hard to make, it just take some money) based on assured "Pre-Sells" by the die-hard community. *Actually in my mind this would be a good thing in the long run, if enough people took the idea seriously... which in the past it doesn't look like it. Unlike other systems like Super Fami and MEGA DRIVE, the NEO is the only system that still gets any love to begin with. If done "By the gamers, for the gamers" in the same vein as Fan Subbing only as a Professional Hobby, and I know there's got to be some very talanted programmers out here, along with artists, musicians, writers/visual concept designers (that be me) games for the NEO:GEO could be made that SNKP could never get away with.

for example I've had in my mind a FPS game that would play more or less like a much more bad ass version of DOOM, and have the clarity and bigness of Super Spy but going in actual "Faux 3-D" directions this time instead of side to side. Ammo could be re-spawn in locations no different from current games, and would be about a animatedly violent (i.e. bloody) as possible. The premise would be about You as apart of a band of American Guerrillas fighting against a near-future "Iron Boot" Federal Government that labled anyone not in step with their regime a "Criminal"... well in the game you'd be amongst the labeled to fight back and take it to the man. First Person style and with that classic 16-Bit NEO:GEO look! ---Sure it wouldn't be HALO, but on the MVS it be cool and you know it. I could imagine even seeing something like that in a cab six years up the road, and seeing the looks on peoples faces when they see the Pre-game Intro, done in a fashion similar to that of Operation Thunderbolt.

...so we very well could still be buying and even participating in the creation if not poliferation of NEO games in the future, it would just take SERIOUS ppl to do it. *My talents lie in concept design and writing, other than that most of what I've design documents for, and character desgins by a damned skilled artist of mine can go nowhere... and that's just on my end. ***As for the official END OF MVS? I sure hope we get a few more games out of SNKP cause KOF 2003 being it's swan song just doesn't sit right with me.

MERCENARY X99

Rocky

n00b
Look, people. I don't know why are you whinig so much. There will be some more games by SNK for MVS/AES, then there will be, for sure, some fan made games. But, if you can remmember, NEO:GEO started as the best gaming machine in the market, back in the '90s. The best graphics, large sprites, many colors, best music, and so on, and so forth. People in SNK obviously think that their games should run, look, sound and feel the best as they can. So, no wonder they opted to write following games for a better platform. I only wonder why they still want to publish games for the arcade, when two separate officials form SNKP confirmed that they would only produce games for home consoles, as stated in History of SNK article in gamespot.com

As for emulation ... I don't know why you people hate it so much?!?!? If no emulation exists, I would never see any of the KOF titles in this god forbidden countr I live in. So, in one hand, emulation is a good thing. I'm sure that more then half of people here have emulated some games, if not NEOGEO games. But, emulating new games is wrong, very wrong!!!! So, if you see someone playing KOF2k3 on his PC, kick him in the head for me, please ;)

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
as long as kof 04 is on mvs...come on ya gotta have the 10 year anniversary....

SSS

neo retired
c.t.h said:
as long as kof 04 is on mvs...come on ya gotta have the 10 year anniversary....
2k3 was kind of the tenth year.

1. 94
2. 95
3. 96
4. 97
5. 98
6. 99
7. 2000
8. 2001
9. 2002
10. 2003

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
SamuraiShodownSensei said:

1. 94
2. 95
3. 96
4. 97
5. 98
6. 99
7. 2000
8. 2001
9. 2002
10. 2003
Hey...He's right!!
But I still agree with c.t.h.
94-04, baby! :buttrock:

Much as I love the Neo-Geo, I'm thrilled. Higher res sprites and more colors on King of Fighters and Metal Slug? Hey, it's still 2d, but also a modern arcadeware could help the games get circulated more. The Sega + Sammy + SNK force that Sammy is building could actually bring arcades back. The three S's are riding high.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
yah but i'm talking about 4 to 04. I guess it would technically be the eleventh installment, but they could still bill it as the ten year anniversary of the game, and if they wanted to stretch is, the 15th anniversary of the neo.

I just think its be cool if they made a special "King of Fighters: Ten Year Edition"

Stephane

Boss Hogg,

1. 94
2. 95
3. 96
4. 97
5. 98
6. 99
7. 2000
8. 2001
9. 2002
10. 2003

i think kof 2004 will celebrate the 10eme anniversary of kof !
born in 94 , 10 years in 2004 !

D

Devils Child

I kinda doubt the arcade scene will ever truly recover. Home consoles are the rage now, and even the home consoles have taken some financial hits over the past five or six years. Anyway, arcade machines will always exist, but this Neo craze thing with people owning MVS cabs and AES consoles is not a very common thing. Its kind of an exclusive club type thing. I just hope Sammy makes console ports, that is how to make the cash, by porting to the most popular consoles in the home. SNK didn't make enough ports, IMO. Maybe they would still be alive, I mean the original SNK company, before the bankruptcy, maybe they'd still be kicking if they'd have made more home versions of their stuff.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Hmmm, how long ago did the Editor come on here and say this...

Gee, this is the least shoking news I have EVER heard about the Neo.

Still, I am very excited about the Atomiswave.

Devils Child said:
I kinda doubt the arcade scene will ever truly recover. Home consoles are the rage now, and even the home consoles have taken some financial hits over the past five or six years. Anyway, arcade machines will always exist, but this Neo craze thing with people owning MVS cabs and AES consoles is not a very common thing. Its kind of an exclusive club type thing. I just hope Sammy makes console ports, that is how to make the cash, by porting to the most popular consoles in the home. SNK didn't make enough ports, IMO. Maybe they would still be alive, I mean the original SNK company, before the bankruptcy, maybe they'd still be kicking if they'd have made more home versions of their stuff.

I really think that both market falls are not because people don't want to buy as many games. Everyone I know desperately wants something to motivate them into arcades. However, most local arcades have only racing games, and charge up the wazooh. There's one arcade though that features only 1983-1993 arcade games, all for a quarter each. It's really great. A similar arcade loaded with NEW games though? Haven't seen it.

Home consoles have taken a hit this year because they are overpriced. Hence, GC was the only one on the up and up this year. Also, a lot of recent home console games show little imagination. Heck, the last two months have only seen a couple releases that weren't FPS's, GTA clones, or sports titles.

D

Devils Child

Don't be funny man, roms of these games will almost certainly be dumped for the rest of time. CP3 roms are dumped, and I don't even think there is an emulator out there.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
it is...

I am with Jorge on this one too. If the games that are developed by both parties is good and different, I will buy an Atomiswave. if they are all rehashes of MVS games, then forget it.

I just hope SNKP does not place themselves in a situation where game design and freshness is compromised.

GAMEFAN

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
98 and 02 were dream matches....so they don't count in the scheme of things.

its,

1. KoF94
2. KoF95
3. KoF96
6. KoF97
7. KoF99
8. KoF2k
9. KoF2k1
10. KoF2k3

:p

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener

1. 94
2. 95
3. 96
4. 97
5. 98
6. 99
7. 2000
8. 2001
9. 2002
10. 2003
Well, you don't count 94 since it was the beginning. It's the first game but you know 95 is 1st year anniversary, 96 is the 2nd year and etc.

burrn.

n00b
so is atomiswave going to be strictly an arcade business or are they going to release a home console?

silverslug

Fist Fucking Moron
95 percent chance no new home console unless SNK rises from the ashes again in some form or another.(highly doubtful)
lemonflav lay off the crack man

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
it is...

Agreed.

What pisses me off is alot of these old fans just jumping on the Sammy train with blind support.

See what develops from this. I'm so worried about the KOF engine.
I am one of the biggest GGX/XX haters ever, so people no my position already. :p

I don't care about seeing KoF and Metal Slug continue on to new hardware. Seriously, why is that all some of you people talk about? 10 KoF, and 6 MS games isn't enough? I'm not saying that to be a jerk, but geez I can't believe you guys don't want something else.

Let's see something new all together, especially if its not going to be on MVS. A fresh start, lets see if SNKP has what it takes to create something fresh. My guess is a resounding NO. All these games released of late are unfinished projects from the old SNK, even though I give Playmore props for upholding the reputation of Metal Slug with MS5, lots of that work isn't theirs, games like SvC, MS5, SS5 were all on the rumor mill before the old SNK went belly up.

They'll probably take the safe route though and create more and more KoF games, afraid to innovate and create something different.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
yep, brand new games would be nice...

Btw i ve allways considered Fatal Fury 1 to be the first KOF... sub title is The King Of Fighters dudes... :)