Nintendo Switch

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
That Mario Wonder game looks suspiciously like a modern 2D Sonic game.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
This shit looks awful. They’re doing the shit they did with the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl games. Just making 3D models out of 2D sprites, rather than making a new art style for the game.

Only impressive thing about this is that they managed to get the rights to Geno.

Except... Diamond and Pearl were actually pure 2D and Super Mario RPG was always CG rendered. This remake looks pretty much like what Nintendo and Square envisioned it as in 1996, but without any technical limitations.

SMRPG remake looks great, but man fuck those annoying french horns in some of the music. They sounded awful in Super Mario 3D World and they still sound awful in the SMRPG Remake trailer.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
:keke: Them and gamers who want portable versions of past favorites and games…but refuse to buy a Steam Deck, etc.
but those will be guaranteed to run awful or not at all on the platform... like Alan Wake Remastered having less effects and being a stuttery mess on the Switch (it's an xbox360 title...)
Some games get brought over really well (I really enjoy valkyria chronicles in it), but I really wouldn't bother with the batman games for example.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
but those will be guaranteed to run awful or not at all on the platform... like Alan Wake Remastered having less effects and being a stuttery mess on the Switch (it's an xbox360 title...)
Some games get brought over really well (I really enjoy valkyria chronicles in it), but I really wouldn't bother with the batman games for example.
I wonder who they have handling the Batman ports. The switch port of Doom (2016) turned out well for a portable version, so a decent version of at least the first two Batman games should be possible, but time will tell if they went the cloud release route like Control and KH.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Man I got nervous for a second when I saw that Star Ocean 2 remake, thought it might be a Switch exclusive. That was the only game out of the entire presentation that even remotely interested me.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member

Theruff

Cheng's Errand Boy

Japan only ??
Definitely Japan only. Best bet with a game like that is to hope it gets an Asian English release

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures Deluxe

rollercoaster-tycoon-adventures-deluxe.large.jpg

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
But How it's possible to run Batman Arkham Trilogy on Switch ? Streaming ? like Hitman

Looks like it’s a full port and not a cloud version:

“Batman: Arkham Asylum will be included on the Batman: Arkham Trilogy game cartridge. Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Knight will require an online connection to download and install both titles when the Batman: Arkham Trilogy cartridge is inserted into the Nintendo Switch console. All three games will then be playable as long as the cartridge is inserted into the Nintendo Switch console.”

Theruff

Cheng's Errand Boy

“Batman: Arkham Asylum will be included on the Batman: Arkham Trilogy game cartridge. Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Knight will require an online connection to download and install both titles when the Batman: Arkham Trilogy cartridge is inserted into the Nintendo Switch console. All three games will then be playable as long as the cartridge is inserted into the Nintendo Switch console.”
Not getting them personally, I’ll stick to the disc version. I personally want all the games on the cart/disc from the start. Screw all the downloads

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member

Amazing port

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Coming hot off the heals of the other 2 Taito collections on switch, Taito is planning to release Taito LD Game Collection later this year in japan. So glad to finally see a modern remastered release of Time Gal (on something that isn’t a mobile phone for once) :buttrock:

Includes:
Time Gal
Space Battleship Yamato
Ninja Hayate

The previously released versions of Time Gal on the VHD, Pioneer Laser Active (best version), Sega CD, Playstation (bad/unplayable port), Sega Saturn, iOS, etc were all compromised in some way (except for the Laser Active version) so it’ll be nice to see a remastered and more accessible version akin to what was done with the modern HD Dragon’s Lair rereleases.

IMG_0469.jpeg

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Coming hot off the heals of the other 2 Taito collections on switch, Taito is planning to release Taito LD Game Collection later this year in japan. So glad to finally see a modern remastered release of Time Gal (on something that isn’t a mobile phone for once) :buttrock:

Includes:
Time Gal
Space Battleship Yamato
Ninja Hayate

The previously released versions of Time Gal on the VHD, Pioneer Laser Active (best version), Sega CD, Playstation (bad/unplayable port), Sega Saturn, iOS, etc were all compromised in some way (except for the Laser Active version) so it’ll be nice to see a remastered and more accessible version akin to what was done with the modern HD Dragon’s Lair rereleases.

View attachment 66766
That deserves its own thread!