Nintendo Direct, Wed. morning 9am ET/The new New 3DS/3DS XL release dates leaked?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
They're not bringing the standard size n3DS to America... just the XL horse shit, and it doesn't even come with an AC adapter.

Great job, Nintendo of America. I've bought every Nintendo console at launch since Gamecube, and I was going to get this day one too. Now I'm not getting it at all.

And it's not region free so I can't just import one, and North America is the only region not getting the smaller (read: better) unit.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
So, the Majora's Mask 3DS XL sold out within 5 minutes of being put online and the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate one looks to be gone as well. It also looks like they are not bringing over the New 3DS, only the New 3DS XL, it doesn't even come packaged with an AC adaptor.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
That Fire Emblem intro was a little over the top for a 3DS game. I thought it was going to be a cool Edo period tactics game...nope.

Wii games for download. Can use WiiU controllers for some Wii games. awesome.
Price of Metroid trilogy is about to tank.

Amiibo
-Multiple versions of same Amiibo. I guess that one.. lol
-Amiibo from smash will need to be reset to be used for mario party. smash progress saved somewhere? probably not.
-rereleasing sold out Amiibo, especially Fire Emblem due to new games.

Hyrule Warrior DLC - lol Tingle as a playable character. + other Majora's Mask stuff

Xenoblade chronicles - Looks damn good. Still a JRPG. Maybe I'll try it.

Mario V Donkey Kong - Buy it on 3DS, get it for WiiU for free and vice versa. This concept is amazing.

Project Treasure - 4 player co op online game, F2P. Bandai Namco. hrm....

Sega 3D classics - we all know this is awesome.

Fossil Fighters 3DS - never heard of this before, but I think it's a great teaching tool for kids, with dinosaur arena fighting to keep them interested.

New 3DSxl - Mid Feb Launch. Nothing else was surprising. Meh.... No mention if the 3D camera was improved. I always thought that could have been a cool feature if the resolution wasn't 1999 webcam quality.
-Also , special edition MH4 edition already announced. ditto for Majora's Mask edition... called that one too. lol

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
They're not bringing the standard size n3DS to America... just the XL horse shit, and it doesn't even come with an AC adapter.

Great job, Nintendo of America. I've bought every Nintendo console at launch since Gamecube, and I was going to get this day one too. Now I'm not getting it at all.

And it's not region free so I can't just import one, and North America is the only region not getting the smaller (read: better) unit.

Who wants those tiny 3ds's? That shit hurts my hands after 5 minutes? You are the only person i have ever known that prefers the small one.
We knew about the AC adapter from the EU release. Kinda shitty, but 3rd party is $5.

The special edition selling out so fast is f'n shit tho. That's crazy.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The smaller unit has much better pixel density and therefore better image quality, a more intense 3D effect, interchangeable faceplates, and it's actually small enough to fit in the pockets of the pants I have to wear to work. And it's less expensive, and it has a matte finish rather than that smudge-magnet glossy shit on the XLs.

The larger unit is just cumbersome and the screen looks like shit.

The only reason to get the bigger unit is if you have shitty eyesight. The smaller unit is better in every other conceivable way.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Wow, no regular sized New 3DS here? Talk about a big go fuck yourself from Nintendo of America. My wife was looking forward to the case swaps and the regular one fits her purse better.

Nintendo had me won over though a good part of the last quarter but it seems like ever since this Amiibo stuff, they're really taking a shitty turn in the states.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Wow, no regular sized New 3DS here? Talk about a big go fuck yourself from Nintendo of America. My wife was looking forward to the case swaps and the regular one fits her purse better.

Nintendo had me won over though a good part of the last quarter but it seems like ever since this Amiibo stuff, they're really taking a shitty turn in the states.

Couldn't agree more.

I mean no ac adapter? Yeah, its not a big deal, only a few bucks....but I think it sends a very bad message.

And multiple games can't write to the same amiibo...that's pretty crappy. So you either have to lose your saved data, or buy multiple iterations of the same characters to fully utilize amiibo functionality? Yeah, f*ck off.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
The smaller unit has much better pixel density and therefore better image quality, a more intense 3D effect, interchangeable faceplates, and it's actually small enough to fit in the pockets of the pants I have to wear to work. And it's less expensive, and it has a matte finish rather than that smudge-magnet glossy shit on the XLs.

The larger unit is just cumbersome and the screen looks like shit.

The only reason to get the bigger unit is if you have shitty eyesight. The smaller unit is better in every other conceivable way.

My 3DS small has shiny plastic, and my 3DSxl has a matte finish....

I guess for true portability, the small is actually portable.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Couldn't agree more.

I mean no ac adapter? Yeah, its not a big deal, only a few bucks....but I think it sends a very bad message.

And multiple games can't write to the same amiibo...that's pretty crappy. So you either have to lose your saved data, or buy multiple iterations of the same characters to fully utilize amiibo functionality? Yeah, f*ck off.

Hence why they are making different poses for Amiibo characters lol.

Very excited that MM is coming out sooner than I thought, I get to play it much earlier. Plus the launch dates and cross play announcements makes this a decent ND in my book.

famicommander

15 Year Member
My 3DS small has shiny plastic, and my 3DSxl has a matte finish....

I guess for true portability, the small is actually portable.
They reversed it for the New 3DS. Regular unit in matte with interchangeable faceplates, XL is glossy with no faceplates.

XL is more money for a shittier unit. Worse image quality, worse 3D, worse finish, not as portable, no faceplates.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
They reversed it for the New 3DS. Regular unit in matte with interchangeable faceplates, XL is glossy with no faceplates.

XL is more money for a shittier unit. Worse image quality, worse 3D, worse finish, not as portable, no faceplates.

Oh wait...the XL has no faceplates, I must have missed that? Lame.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Oh wait...the XL has no faceplates, I must have missed that? Lame.
Only the smaller, new 3DS has the faceplate interchangeability. The XL wont have that. Put in my pre-order for MM console. Project steam looks pretty cool too. Damn you Nintendo, just when I thought my wallet was safe, you go and pull this with the next wave of Amiibos.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
There was some parody Iwata twitter saying the missing ac adaptor is a "collectible amiibo" lol. Gamestops are doing WIS (web-in store) orders for the Majora's Mask and MH4U limited editions, so if you missed the online pre-order, only way to get it now before it is too late is to go in store, ask for a web-instore if it's still available and pay in full there. Same thing that happened with the Majora's Mask L.E. game.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Amazon hasn't put up the MM edition yet. You might get lucky.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The coolest looking N3DS so far is by far the Ambassador one with the SFC colour scheme. I wonder if any of our EU buddies here qualified for the promo?

Phyeir

That Majora special is backwards on color scheme... Gold mask on black would looks way nicer than all gold with a black mask.

Phyeir

Least there is finally a date for Project Mirai DX worldwide release.

Vocaloid obsessed faggotry ahoy!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
So they lied about the release from being December to next month for Majora's Mask. Very fucking sneaky!

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I don't think they ever said Dec. the sellers put that date due to unknown 2015 release.

GS is not taking instore orders anymore either as of noon Central time. The taco bell wielding employees responded with " We bought as many as it would let us right away, and now they are all gone."
That had me clenching my teeth for a moment, but what other perks do teens working at GS have?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I quite remember buying my SFC back in the day and it came with no AC adapter. Uses the one from the famicom.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Having never bought a Wii the addition of Wii games to the Wii U eShop is good news.

Xenoblade Chronicles X...a must-have for me, as its been since its reveal nearly two years ago.

Project Treasure...don't know enough but the teaser got my attention.

The N3DS...I changed my mind, the face tracking 3D and faster processor will be worth it.

Code Name S.T.E.A.M....it's Valkyria Chronicles with a different skin, I'm sold.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D...is a N3DS exclusive, can't play it without owning a N3DS.

That was the best Nintendo Direct I've seen in awhile.

Last edited:

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Amazon hasn't put up the MM edition yet. You might get lucky.
Nintendo and Amazon have a shaky relationship. It is why they currently do not sell 3DS consoles directly... only through 3rd party sellers who offer prime shipping. Don't hold your breath for Amazon. Hope for Bestbuy at most.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm disappointed that we're not getting the regular size New 3DS but at least there's a black XL version. Everything else announced looked great though.