New NGDEV Neo-Geo Game: Razion

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Asked them few mins ago if they had any news about the AES release and seems they are waiting for the PCB to be delivered to them this June. They will be posting news as soon as they get a more real delivery date from supplier.

"According to our manufacturer we get the PCBs this June. We will announce the date it as soon as we are sure."

Can't wait to get the game :)

Any word on the 1.1 update they were testing a couple months ago?

Regards.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Oh yes right that is also still outstanding, almost forgot about it. :D

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
I almost forgot I had ordered it! :)
I won't repeat again with Kraut Buster, that long wait really killed me lol....

Dear customers,

Razion for NEO GEO AES starts shipping next week.

Please contact us if your shipping address has changed since the order. Changing your shipping address in the shop effects only new orders. The old ones need to be manually updated by us.

If you are on vacation, we can schedule your order for later shipping. Just let us know.

To process all pre-orders we will need 3 weeks. We start with the CE and at last the LE. The shop system will update you automatically.

If you ordered outside of the shop system your order will be processed after we shipped all shop orders.

Currently the Deutsche Post and DHL are on a union strike in Germany. This can affect shipping time.

-----------------

Razion AES will be shipped with the final software version 1.1

The update is available for MVS too. We recommend to only apply it, if you noticed any of those issues:

Version 1.1 2015-06-24

- fixed demo sound DIP switch handling

- improved CMVS support allowing to add credits in BIOS MVS mode with select button (requires SOFT DIP setting 'OPERATION' set to 'HOME')

- improved selftest for motherboards MV1F/MV1FS (this fixes a reset bug that happens on some systems)

- bug fix: MANIAC difficulty in NOVICE/NORMAL MODE if the game is started while watching the stage 3 demo.

- bug fix: reset bug after boss 3 defeat (happens on some BIOS revisions)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Just finished updating my cart to 1.1. There seems to be no visual indicator of the cart version anywhere (unless I'm missing something). The option to add credits using Select is nice, it's what made me update the cart.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Just finished updating my cart to 1.1. There seems to be no visual indicator of the cart version anywhere (unless I'm missing something). The option to add credits using Select is nice, it's what made me update the cart.

Thats strange, the update version should appear in the bottom right corner of the screen during the title pop up right before demo starts. Also, I was able to add credits before this update, so perhaps I am missing something?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Thats strange, the update version should appear in the bottom right corner of the screen during the title pop up right before demo starts. Also, I was able to add credits before this update, so perhaps I am missing something?

Maybe you use it on AES mode?

shop@ngdevteam.com said:
To add credits with the unibios you need to switch to AES mode. In MVS
mode we only accept credits via a hardware signal.

Regards.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Well, theorically they should start shipping the CE version for AES this week as for what they say on twitter (last week on 24/6):

"Razion for NEOGEO AES starts to ship next week. First CE and than LE. Update v1.1 link is available in the newsletter "

https://twitter.com/ngdevteam

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
some people has already received it, cant wait to get mine!

actionking

n00b
I got mine yesterday. Could only play it one hour so far, so I can't say much, but I like it.

97l25f.jpg

things I like:
- graphics, animations
- soundtrack
- bullet hell gameplay
- stage design

things I don't like so much:
- only one ship to use
- some distortions within explosions
- boring cutscenes / ending (maybe you get a better ending with a 1CC)

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
things I don't like so much:
- only one ship to use
- some distortions within explosions
- boring cutscenes / ending (maybe you get a better ending with a 1CC)

- You get a different ship for each difficulty setting
- distortion within explosions? Please go into some detail...I do not understand what you mean.
- There aren't any cutscenes, and the "ending" is only some words, and a picture. It has been mentioned before. (sucks I know, I WISH the had an ending that rivaled Gunlord at the very minimum.)

So your biggest complaint is the cutscenes / intro / ending which is my biggest complaint as well. I hope NGDevTeam is listening to us, and starts making some awesome intros, in between cut scenes, and endings.

Games even on the 8-Bit PC Engine had some amazing Intros / in-between stage cutscenes / endings. Hell, DownLoad 2 is only a SHOOTER like Razion, and the fucking cutscenes gave that game a full blown storyline! Also, the music in that game was really kick ass heavy metal like Gate of Thunder and Lords of Thunder, and the use of trippy ass backgrounds was simply stellar and imaginative! Something I have yet to see NGDevTeam replicate on the powerful Neo-Geo console. They have the power of the most amazing 2D system at their fingertips, and yet they lack the imagination to make their own games come to life! If NEC can make the damn 8bit PC Engine rival the lower Meg 24bit Neo-Geo games, and also BLOW the Neo-Geo AWAY in the Cut Scenes and music area, then why the hell does the NGDevTeam not do the same? All they need to do is begin using their collective imaginations when making their games, and they would make some games that would totally be out of this god damn world, and that's a fact!

actionking

n00b
- You get a different ship for each difficulty setting
- distortion within explosions? Please go into some detail...I do not understand what you mean.
- There aren't any cutscenes, and the "ending" is only some words, and a picture. It has been mentioned before. (sucks I know, I WISH the had an ending that rivaled Gunlord at the very minimum.)

So your biggest complaint is the cutscenes / intro / ending which is my biggest complaint as well. I hope NGDevTeam is listening to us, and starts making some awesome intros, in between cut scenes, and endings.

After I posted I read about the three differents ships at shmups.com. So my mistake (sadly I cannot edit my post).
Re the graphical distortion/glitch in the explosion, it is hard to describe, but sometimes I could see something like a "block" in the explosions. If I have the chance later, I try to make a photo of it.

And yes, the "cutscenes / ending" is maybe my biggest complaint. They put a lot of effort in the graphics / sounds, so the missing ending or the simple pictures between the stages feel quite poor compared to the actual game.
I don't need anything fancy, but e.g. the animated scoretables in Fast Striker were kinda cool. Something like this in Razion would be nice.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Have any LEs shipped yet, as far as we can tell?

Or are they still sending out the CEs?

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I ordered my LE the moment they posted em on their webshop but still haven't heard from them up to now. So I suppose no I hoped for at least a "packing" info. Oh well.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Obviously not. :)
I totally missed that. Well, patience supposedly is a virtue, right?

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
this is what I meant

2djw4mq.jpg

It doesn't happen often though.

Yup. That sprite breakup happens on my MVS 2 and 1B as well. As far as I know, that's just how the game is. Ignore it and enjoy the rest of the awesomeness. :)

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
According to their FB page, shipping of the LE starts tomorrow. Yay!!!! :)