New NGDEV Neo-Geo Game: Razion

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
+2
After playing for 3 days, I think those are essential elements to improve the games and have more fun. May be they can issue a "plus" version......

+1
This game needs a secuel including all what its currently missing, if it just had a few items like Last Hope that would have made the game even more amazing. Memory card support is a must, 4 credits only makes it an unbeatable game.
I cannot understand a game like this one without extra power ups, speeds and weapons, anyway maybe this is a part they decided on the design to make it "feel" different than other ones already released.
Happy with my purchase so far, just wished it had a couple of extras and fine touch on certain aspects that would have made it an impressive game.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
the grafix in the game are awesome. The scrolling of the background and the huge size of obstacles are crazy and I guess its hard to find something equivalent on this system. But I must also agree that I really missed some power ups or different kind of bullets or any kind of variety when playing. And besides that: I donエt care about the manual if its US or Jap, its still completely useless in this game.

Closest thing (aside from Fast Striker) would be Blazing Star I think.
That uses pre-rendered cgi sprites and some of the backgrounds.

I personally love Razion. It's a quality game and the fact that ANY Neo games are still being made is a good thing.
Fuck the haters.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So... not to be shady... but has anyone posted the Razion soundtrack anywhere for listening yet? I own the game but didn't get the collector's edition, so I'm SOL if I want to listen to some of that Andre Neumann goodness anywhere but in game.

The Gunlord soundtrack is all over youtube and has been for a while, so I was hoping the Razion one would make it up eventually...

Honestly NGDEV just needs to start selling their soundtracks digitally, it would be good for the artists too.

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
Hi,
I suggest you to give a maximum of RAZION bugs (MVS release). The link will then be given to the German dev team to hope have a 1.2 update.
I have began the list of the problems discovered on the game (some are maybe not really bugs) : BUGS Report RAZION / BUGS Report RAZION.
Of course you can post your feedback here with photos / videos / explanations, I will update the post link.
This message is posted on several forums for the maximum feedback.
Thank you for your participation.

Last edited:

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
So... not to be shady... but has anyone posted the Razion soundtrack anywhere for listening yet? I own the game but didn't get the collector's edition, so I'm SOL if I want to listen to some of that Andre Neumann goodness anywhere but in game.

The Gunlord soundtrack is all over youtube and has been for a while, so I was hoping the Razion one would make it up eventually...

Honestly NGDEV just needs to start selling their soundtracks digitally, it would be good for the artists too.

I've got a copy in the mail, if no one else links you to a stream of it online I'll look into throwing it up on YT

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
Hi,
I suggest you to give a maximum of RAZION bugs (MVS release). The link will then be given to the German dev team to hope have a 1.2 update.
I have began the list of the problems discovered on the game (some are maybe not really bugs) : BUGS Report RAZION / BUGS Report RAZION.
Of course you can post your feedback here with photos / videos / explanations, I will update the post link.
Added new video bug.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Added new video bug.

It's not very likely they will release a new version, because AFAIK they are already close to shipping AES carts and since their AES carts are not upgradeable, they ship with the latest version, and then do not update the game anymore. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Regards.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
That's a good point. The AES guys would scream bloody murder if the MVS got updated beyond theirs.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
I really wish there was a way to get another AES copy of Razion without taking out a second mortgage on my house. Shame on me for not jumping on this bandwagon earlier.

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
It's not very likely they will release a new version, because AFAIK they are already close to shipping AES carts and since their AES carts are not upgradeable, they ship with the latest version, and then do not update the game anymore. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Regards.

Hello aha2940,
It's not a problem, Fast Striker AES (and DC) is in 1.5 and the MVS is in 1.6, i trust in NG Dev Team for a new update of Razion for the MVS lovers.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hello aha2940,
It's not a problem, Fast Striker AES (and DC) is in 1.5 and the MVS is in 1.6, i trust in NG Dev Team for a new update of Razion for the MVS lovers.

I hope you are right, because the feature to insert coins with Select, new in Razion 1.1, seems to have some bugs still, the select button is used to choose game on a multislot MVS, but with Razion 1.1, it seems to only insert coins, not changing game.

Regards.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
I dont know if anyone cares, but I tried putting my wooden Razion MVS in my green 2015 Magic Key converter and at first t didn't work, I'm assuming because the wooden cartridge was shaped differently and didn't seat fully in the converter. I wasn't getting sound and had lots of visual artefacts and random "Z80 ERROR" messages popping up.

Today I took the PCBs out of the cart and placed them in the converter bare and the game is playing perfectly. Hope this helps someone!

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
I dont know if anyone cares, but I tried putting my wooden Razion MVS in my green 2015 Magic Key converter and at first t didn't work, I'm assuming because the wooden cartridge was shaped differently and didn't seat fully in the converter. I wasn't getting sound and had lots of visual artefacts and random "Z80 ERROR" messages popping up.

Today I took the PCBs out of the cart and placed them in the converter bare and the game is playing perfectly. Hope this helps someone!

Look carefully at the wooden prongs inside the wooden case, I have noticed that on a few of mine, they are NOT big around enough to make the boards snug fit, so when you put the cart back together, and push the boards with your finger, you can see the boards move slanted. The wooden shells are great for looks, but, they are not made well enough to be practical. The plastic shells work best, and this is why they are sticking to the plastic shells from now on.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Look carefully at the wooden prongs inside the wooden case, I have noticed that on a few of mine, they are NOT big around enough to make the boards snug fit, so when you put the cart back together, and push the boards with your finger, you can see the boards move slanted. The wooden shells are great for looks, but, they are not made well enough to be practical. The plastic shells work best, and this is why they are sticking to the plastic shells from now on.

It was a shitty idea to begin with. Glad that's done.

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
I hope you are right, because the feature to insert coins with Select, new in Razion 1.1, seems to have some bugs still, the select button is used to choose game on a multislot MVS, but with Razion 1.1, it seems to only insert coins, not changing game.

Regards.
Yes and the NG Dev Team can't let his game with all bugs... 500 € the game, don't forget.

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
Hi,
- Added new bug (color + game mode) with photo and video.
- Added video of 1st boss bug.

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Guys, pay attention to your snapcase for this game, I have been getting some issues with the lock:

I might know where did they get the snaplock cases since I bougth 3 to a supplier and all 3 broke with just less than 5 uses.

IMG_20150830_182600.jpg

Edit:
No, seems Razion's are not from the same dealer.

Last edited: