New Genesis game (WIP) by Yuzo Koshiro

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Great, LRG is involved.

Promised myself I'd never support their business model. I guess I'll look for the rom dump when this is complete.
Same here, though my reasons are more to do with just wanting to play the game ('cause it looks freaking great!). Even with my job here in my country, My budget is solely dedicated to buying food for the house and on very rare occasions fix something broken in the house.

I don't hate LGR. I'm just indifferent to them. I think their novelty weared off very quickly. Either way, i'm looking foward to Earthion :D

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I have a few LRG games on switch, and what I like about them is that they include a physical manual which is a rarity nowadays. I may have preordered one or two over the years, but most of them I just picked up at Best Buy. I guess I don't understand why people don't like them. Is it that they offer all that special edition chud? I just have ther regular standard releases. What "business model" makes them different than the other publishers? Sincere question.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
What "business model" makes them different than the other publishers? Sincere question.
Lol don't be disingenuous, read their name again, and if you need help read the names of the other publishers in the same line that were inspired by it like "strictly limited games", "1 print games", "super rare games", "special reserve games"...

I swear that A: I had to double check most of those names to make sure I wasn't confusing them with a joke I was half remembering and B: some motherfucker will one day create FOMO Games and get away with it

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Lol don't be disingenuous, read their name again, and if you need help read the names of the other publishers in the same line that were inspired by it like "strictly limited games", "1 print games", "super rare games", "special reserve games"...

I swear that A: I had to double check most of those names to make sure I wasn't confusing them with a joke I was half remembering and B: some motherfucker will one day create FOMO Games and get away with it

yeah on one hand it's great that they do physical releases for games that never would have seen one but on the other artificial scarcity can suck my balls.

prof

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
That's mostly leftover stock of shit that doesn't sell once the FOMO ends. That doesn't change much.

1. Aren’t these reprints?
No, all Best Buy games have been ordered at the same time as all of the copies of each of these titles. Best Buy has not been given access to any titles that were already ordered. We’ve said no reprints since we started back in 2015 and this does not change that. Best Buy also has no ability to reorder these games from us. They are ordering a flat quantity, which means once they sell out – they’re sold out forever.
  1. Won’t going to retail make these not limited?
No, Best Buy is getting these in limited quantities with no ability to reorder and once they sell out, they’ve sold out. We’re not quite sure how Best Buy splits their stock amongst stores, but we’re expecting at the low quantities they’ve purchased from us there will only be 3 – 7 copies of any given title on a shelf at release. These games are not suddenly getting the huge print runs that traditional physical releases get. Even Yooka-Laylee, which is the title Best Buy has expressed the most interest in, will still have an overall print run under 25,000 units. Most traditional retail games are receiving initial runs well above 100,000 copies. With one game in particular, Best Buy has only expressed interest in 5,000 copies, meaning most stores will be lucky to see 2 copies on the shelf (considering some units will be allocated for online sale).

It is also worth mentioning that the products Best Buy will be receiving are all items that we are selling as open preorders. If we were not working directly with Best Buy – nothing is stopping them from ordering through our normal channels since these games are manufactured to demand.

prof

What can I say, man? I don't purposefully seek out a game because of who publishes it, but I've happened to be interested in some of the games that LRG has put out, and I've never had an issue obtaining them. Stuff they've stocked at BB like Panzer Dragoon, collections of Contra, Castlevania, TMNT, Doom, and Star Wars games have been easy to obtain. They probably made much bigger print runs of big titles like those though.

I imagine Earthion on a Genesis cart is niche enough that the run will be smaller and preordering will be a necessity.

prof

hyz23.jpg

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I do want to support the physical release on this one. This game feels worthy.

Most LRG releases are games that were meant to be digital-only, but there are ride-or-die physical collectors who will wait for the physical release while everyone else is already playing the digital version. It's irritating to watch them complain on Twitter about a problem of their own making. If you're going to collect specialty physical items, you have to wait unfortunately.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I pick up a LRG release here and there. 95% of their games are of no interest to me though. Lots of junk gets published. I will likely grab Earthion on the genesis.

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
Besides LRG, Strictly Limited and Columbus Circle will most likely release their own versions for their intended markets, so there'll be options.