Nes cartridge shell replacement

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
I have been trying to find replacement shells for nes carts and either my search fu is weak or I'm just a idiot (probably the second one). I'm wanting to make a NES test cart and a local game store has expressed interest in one as well. I'm wanting to go with a yellow shell and possibly 2-5 of them if the price is right. I have already dispatched emails to hyperkin, retrousb, and nesrepairshop with no replies yet.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'd stick with the gray cart shell you used for the donor. Trying to make a repro test cart with a yellow cart is is going into shady territory.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Retrousb had nes shells in various colors, you may check there. I don't think they have yellow though.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
I'd stick with the gray cart shell you used for the donor. Trying to make a repro test cart with a yellow cart is is going into shady territory.

Wouldn't it be shady if im trying to pass them off as "real", you should know by now shadow that skinny is the bootleg "hoarder" not a "distributor"! Im just wanting a yellow cart to match the ones I have seen on google and make it easier to pick out of my stack of games I keep on my test bench. Honestly I would prefer the clear purple ones they use for the NWC carts on retrousb but it doesnt look like they sell them by themselves. Maybe I can just use some vinyl dye and make a really crappy looking one so no one will ever think its a real cart lol

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'm not saying your are but nothing is stopping the store from passing it off to an unsuspecting buyer. I've seen plenty of game stores lacking in moral fiber.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Oh Okay! yeah never though about that. When they asked me about it I just figured they wanted a test cart for their test bench. Maybe I should tell them I can't legally "sell" it to them and just do a "long term loan" program with them to help ensure they dont pass it off.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
If they really need it for a test bench, it shouldn't matter what color is. Them specifically looking for yellow means they plan to sell it. The whole long term loan thing doesn't seem feasible either. Unless you have a contract or something, they could say they bought it from you after you call them out for selling it.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
The majority of NES test carts came in grey shells anyway, so there's no reason to go out of your way to find a yellow shell (which your never going to find).

Just gut a nice condition SMB cart and sac' the shell.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
If they really need it for a test bench, it shouldn't matter what color is. Them specifically looking for yellow means they plan to sell it. The whole long term loan thing doesn't seem feasible either. Unless you have a contract or something, they could say they bought it from you after you call them out for selling it.

I think I will just give them a pcb if they really want one. As for my personal one, I might just buy one of those NWC carts and rob the purple case from it!