Neo Store or Japan Games Now?

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
Personally I prefer Neo Store to JapanGamesNow.
I have dealt with Ryan a few times and spent a good grand at his store, but there are few things that bug me about how he does buisness.

Curt

apostate
Well one thing about JGN is he doesnt really carry Euro Or US AES (aside froma few here and there) titles... the Neo Store does.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I never had a problem with JGN, the prices and quality were decent.

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
I haven't bought any Neo goods from JGN yet. But in my case it's hard to buy from any where else because Neo Store's customer service is just beyond top notch. :buttrock:

ericb

NEST Puppet
Golgo said:
I have dealt with Ryan a few times and spent a good grand at his store, but there are few things that bug me about how he does buisness.

Really? Wow. I've had nothing but wonderful experience with Ryan. I like how he does business, because he seems to do things on a personal level and takes responsibility for things.

I had a problem with my order once, and he called me and spoke with me for over an hour about the Neo, politics, and everything else... that's huge in my books, so my vote is with Ryan on this one.

pretas

Marked Wolf
@Golgo:

JGN has always been good to me, 100% of the time. PM me and I'll tell you about an issue I had and how far they went to make it right (in the end, the issue was one of my own doing and had nothing to do with the items sold.). Bottom line: this is a top, top store.

Another guy asked you the same question: what is this beef of yours?

If you spent $1000, then they must be doing something right..

Look at the feedback here, it's glowing, JGN has an amazing reputation that I think is deservedd:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89579

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
They're both A+ sellers. Like Curt said, if you're looking for US titles, the NeoStore is where you wanna look. I've talked to Ryan several times on the phone while ordering items, he seems like a really cool guy who's a serious neo geo fanatic.

It's really a loss for everyone that him and Shawn had a falling out. But, such is the way of the business world.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Golgo said:
Personally I prefer Neo Store to JapanGamesNow.

What bugs you about the way he does business? Personally I ordered from him 4 times. My first order was totally wrapped to death. I got a Brand NEW MS4 wrapped in 4 layers of bubblewrap and the game was stacked on 3 layers of paper towels. My second order was for a mega modded neo. Ryan called me the same day I received it just to see if I got the system alright. I did receive it, but something was wrong with the cable and the controller was a bit bashed in. USPS really did a number on my box. Ryan went out of his way to send a replacement controller and cable. Ryan really took care of that one. I also bought a NM Ninja Masters from him. It was in outstanding shape. I normally dont spend too much on a game, but I really wanted Ninja Masters. I got the condition that I ordered. My last order was a bunch of commons, but yet again it was paper toweled and had 4 layers of bubblewrap. All my orders were received within 2-3 days and I got freebies in 3 of the orders.

I have worked with Neostore 3 times. I was actually quite disappointed in the quality of the overall transaction. Shipping was fast, but the overall was extremely dreary. The only thing I can say is "I did my part to keep ng.com open". Unless Neostore has some kickass stuff with great prices I most likely wont be buying from them again.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
I've had Flawless experiences with the Neo Store, with both buys I've made. I've purchased a game from JGN as well, and it went smoove. Both good sellers.

That said Ryan's (JGN) judgement using these forums in the past was certianly questionable (subverting the Neo Store on it's own forums :shame: ) and resulted in his banishment.

Even though I beleive that his judgement was poor in that instance, the way he runs his store seems rock solid, and I would deal with him again.

However, the Neo Store hosts this fantastic forum, including the 'competing' Neo Selling forum. Classy, and something those of us who use and benefit from this forum Should Not Forget.

MrLonghair

Morden's Lackey
I'd use Neo-Store, because it doesnt harvest emails from forums to spam people with ads.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
MrLonghair said:
I'd use Neo-Store, because it doesnt harvest emails from forums to spam people with ads.

Youre just mad because you werent on the list. :glee: I asked for removal the first week he sent it out. Last month I asked to be put back on. :)

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
Athlon64 said:
What are those few things that bug you? bec I would be ordering from JGN.

Okay I should not have been so vauge. I like Japan Games Now, he has given me some good deals and seems like a pleasant guy. I don't mean to trash talk him at all. I would give him a little more time in time to become well aged dealer, as the site can come off as little too earnest.
Taking an email address from the Neo Geo.com forums is not a stand up way to conduct buisness.

I guess I have just dealt with the Neo Store on countless occassions and because of that I would be more inclined to deal with Shawn, even if Ryan undercuts his price on an item that I want.

These are the two very best places to buy Neo Geo stuff.
Ryan has way more Neo Geo collectors items, mooks etc, where as Neo Store has pretty much nothing like that right now. Thats one advantage JapanGamesNow has.

gmtkr

n00b
CurtWRX said:
Well one thing about JGN is he doesnt really carry Euro Or US AES (aside froma few here and there) titles... the Neo Store does.
i guess that is why he calls his store J-A-P-A-N games now :rolleyes: :kekeke:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Golgo said:
Okay I should not have been so vauge. I like Japan Games Now, he has given me some good deals and seems like a pleasant guy. I don't mean to trash talk him at all. I would give him a little more time in time to become well aged dealer, as the site can come off as little too earnest.
Taking an email address from the Neo Geo.com forums is not a stand up way to conduct buisness.
So you've been around for a while, but you make a new name for yourself here at n-g.com, or you just never signed up until september '04 or what? I ask this because the whole controversy about where jgn got the email addresses happened a while before september. So what I'm getting at is, I don't know if I like it when people change their names here, is it to hide something, I don't know...it bugs me. I've dealt with him a few times, great service, can't be beat. Neo store is out of my price league, if I had the money and they had what I wanted and jgn didn't, then I'd go with the neo store.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Personally, after reading Golgo's threads, I think he is a fucking moron.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
TonK said:

Ditto. See Pretas as well.
Completely retarded new members.

Last edited:

NeoSpastika

New Challenger
Ryan is great. I got an AES with a substitute adaptor and it was advertised as such but when I got it I refused to use it on my system because of fear that it would break. So I used another AES adaptor that I had lying around but it wasn't the model that would work with the AES he sold. So thinking the system was broken I sent it back and when we exchanged pms he said it was working fine with the substitute adaptor that he gave me. And I finally realized that it was OK to use that substitute adaptor and was even willing to take the blame. Yet he sent me back the system with a generic SNK adaptor instead of the substitute one he originally gave. Great service all around. Top notch. :buttrock:

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
SnairDogg said:
So you've been around for a while, but you make a new name for yourself here at n-g.com, or you just never signed up until september '04 or what? I ask this because the whole controversy about where jgn got the email addresses happened a while before september. So what I'm getting at is, I don't know if I like it when people change their names here, is it to hide something, I don't know...it bugs me. I've dealt with him a few times, great service, can't be beat. Neo store is out of my price league, if I had the money and they had what I wanted and jgn didn't, then I'd go with the neo store.

I believe its called the search engine option in the forums. I was doing research on JPN -Thats how I found out about the whole email stealing.
As for when I signed up, anyone who puts any kind of value on how long someone has been a member here...?

Let me add that I think its kind of pathetic how you are pushing someone else's store as if your his bitch or something -Your really, curiously defensive about JapanGamesNow, you know I don;t think that I said anything that deragatory about him or his store, do you think that stealing email addressess to spam people with is cool, does this not bug you? END OF UPDATE<

Last edited:

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
TonK said:

What exactly is moronic about my posts? Another hardcore Neo member laying down his dogmatic opinion as if the amount of time he has fucked off on N-G.com amounts to anything at all.

What is it with the members with black dudes in their avatars or signatures "hating on me"
You sound almost as idiotic as xx2short whatever the fuck his rap name is, but then your "momma" would've had too have smoked as much crack as his apparently did.

Idiots.