Neo Member Price Check In Aisle Five

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Hey Guys. I just wanted to ask what the pricing on a JP Metal Slug 1 is going for these days. I know the game is hard to find but i feel like I can't make a good offer because I just don't know. I am very passionate about getting my hands on one but I'm not going to pay the ridiculous Collector Prices. I will pay what it's worth and some but not double or anything like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Whatever money you're ready to spend, don't do it. There is currently a 9/10 chance you end up with a bootleg. You want to play the game? Buy the MVS cart, you want to complete your collection on the shelve? Buy a $150 conversion. Whatever the japanese seller says, 99% of them don't even make a difference between a boot and the real deal. There is so much MS1 boots in japan right now it's almost as comon as SSII :lolz:

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Unless a member on here can prove its authentic (history/pics/past owners) I will not buy it. Now lets say someone steps forward and it is legit. What is a good price range i should expect to offer. I have had people ask up to $8600.00 but I've seen Big Al Sell his for EURO1350.00.

amurphy245

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Its up to you what you buy but i say dont do it,i dont think its worth shelling out that much for a game just be sensible and get a mvs cart or a conversion/reproduction nobody's going to think any less of your collection for not owning the real thing,were not all rich.

Of course its your money your choice,the price guide on here has it listed at 1300-1800

NeoGeo-Qatar

Neo Jihad
10 Year Member
Whatever money you're ready to spend, don't do it. There is currently a 9/10 chance you end up with a bootleg. You want to play the game? Buy the MVS cart, you want to complete your collection on the shelve? Buy a $150 conversion. Whatever the japanese seller says, 99% of them don't even make a difference between a boot and the real deal. There is so much MS1 boots in japan right now it's almost as comon as SSII :lolz:

Agreed 100% it's really risky buying that game specially these days . Good Luck

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Yeah i usually wouldn't spend that kind of money on something but I always wanted a complete MS JP collection as it is my favorite video game of all time. This is the only one I need to complete the collection but I will not jump on outrageous pricing. Its funny I say that because the price guide pricing is still high but I do not want to pay above $1800.00. If it takes years then i guess thats what it'll have to be.