Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
+1 for real cases, mini AES snap locks would be awesome. I've been saying this all along as I hate blister packs and feel the games deserve better.

You can still buy those NGPC games for around $3 ea with snap cases if you really want to make them look "right", but honestly if SNK doesn't get this right I'm not going to bother.
Printing your own insert in a box you have to buy separately just makes it more obvious you are buying a ROM on an SDcard. It breaks the illusion.

Nothing is final though, but if I had to bet I'd bet on hanging blister packs like in the NGX mockup pics.

For anyone that really wants it though, eBay has 'em..
Neo-GeoX_Mockup.jpg

8man

Administrator
The NEOGEOX game SD cards are soo small...
(and there's no manuals)

If it were me, I would use one AES snap case. Design a cool NEOGEOX insert and put all the SD cards inside (not thrown in, make a slick holder for the cards to slip in pages). Hmm.... Metal Slug page, KOF page, SS page, Sports page, Puzzle page...

The Neo Pocket clam case design looks cool.
You can find some cases on eBay, but you're never going to find enough for all the NEOGEOX cards.

Don't think DavidG shipped Neo Pocket clam cases from Japan.

But, he did ship 10,000 AES Snap cases!!

cashmoney

Banned
I would pay someone on here with the skills to make holders with insert for the extra games that might come out.I ordered the mine and cant wait!!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You can still buy those NGPC games for around $3 ea with snap cases if you really want to make them look "right", but honestly if SNK doesn't get this right I'm not going to bother.
Printing your own insert in a box you have to buy separately just makes it more obvious you are buying a ROM on an SDcard. It breaks the illusion.

Nothing is final though, but if I had to bet I'd bet on hanging blister packs like in the NGX mockup pics.

For anyone that really wants it though, eBay has 'em..
Neo-GeoX_Mockup.jpg

SNK has nothing to do with this.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
If it were me, I would use one AES snap case. Design a cool NEOGEOX insert and put all the SD cards inside (not thrown in, make a slick holder for the cards to slip in pages). Hmm.... Metal Slug page, KOF page, SS page, Sports page, Puzzle page...
Thats a really good idea, perfect for the collection. Tommo/Blaze is being too mysterious with this 'console' for me to jump on a pre-order.

mrchuck999

n00b
Save Feature non functional

1st I find the USA gets censored games, then the sticks are not 1:1 and now I see the save function is displayed in games but its non-functional.

http://neogeox.com/FAQ
Does the NEOGEO X use the NEOGEO AES Memory card system?
No, the NEOGEO X does not facilitate the use of the NEOGEO AES save facility. Two games on the NEOGEOX, Magician Lord and Baseball Stars II make reference to the "Memory Card" but this service is not functional.

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
They mean you can't save with a neo geo AES memory card, not they you can't save at all.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
1st I find the USA gets censored games, then the sticks are not 1:1 and now I see the save function is displayed in games but its non-functional.

No, the NEOGEO X does not facilitate the use of the NEOGEO AES save facility. Two games on the NEOGEOX, Magician Lord and Baseball Stars II make reference to the "Memory Card" but this service is not functional.

I assume they will have the standard save states function.

Dragon76

Cheng's Errand Boy

Yeah, been wondering about that. That's a joke! There's no way there going to release this without the ability to save games, and if so that's F'ing retarded. How hard can it be to include the save feature? Next thing there gonna tell me you can't use the original carts...oh wait, shit! Lol! Still keeping my order and hoping for the best. I wish someone would do an in-depth review soon.

Iinfinite

n00b
S-Video?

Does anyone know if the NeoX supports S-Video or component cable? I'm thinking the HDMI would look bad on an HDTV unless you had a high end video scaling chip (like the ones in the latest AVRs). I would love to hook this system into my 300 pound 32" Sony Trinitron flat screen SD tv (2003 model) via S-video.

If it only comes with composite/HDMI output then I will def drop my pre order

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That's all it's got. I'm going to try to run it through a 480p HDMI to 480I component converter to see if I can get a decent image on a SDTV, but I won't know if it works until I try it.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yeah, been wondering about that. That's a joke! There's no way there going to release this without the ability to save games, and if so that's F'ing retarded. How hard can it be to include the save feature? Next thing there gonna tell me you can't use the original carts...oh wait, shit! Lol! Still keeping my order and hoping for the best. I wish someone would do an in-depth review soon.

Sigh, this is annoying. At this point they should just slap LACKING EMULATOR instead of Neo-Geo.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I just can't really see buying this. This whole thing is a cash grab. If you can't see through that... I don't know what to tell you. From the poorly photoshopped iphone 4 in the very beginning, that everybody thought was a joke, to all the garbage things we're hearing about it now, it's just a disaster.

Spending this amount of money to get a real Neo Geo is an infinitely better option. I can't see how people are missing this...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You do realize this is a Neo Geo collectors site, right?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm a little concerned about the part of the FAQ that talks about charging. Only being able to charge it in the dock makes for very limiting options while on the road or a flight