Neo Genesis (56kers beware)

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Since everyone else is showing off their consolized MVS, I might as well show off mine too. So, why did I title the thread Neo Genesis? Well, in the spirit of poking fun of Kenny, I have called my new consolized MV-1C a "Neo Genesis." To further this, the color is also called Lunarian Blue. :kekeke:

I liked to thank a few people in the completition of this project. It took over a year... mainly because I am a lazy bastard. Pictures of the actual console up and running will soon be posted in the tech forum. Why the tech forum? Because it will showcase a comparision of RGB, component, s-video, and composite. Well, as soon as I get off my lazy butt and take pictures. But anyway, mad shouts goes out to these people.

John_Smith - Without this man, this project would have NEVER been completed! And his mad painting skillz kick so much ass. Everyone can thank him for the painting, as well as a lot of other things in this project.

jmkurtz - For modding the MV-1C so I can use the unibios. This soldering skillz are godly. And his Neobitz encoder kicks ass for Neo stuff (and probably other stuff too).

Razoola - For making the Unibios. Now I can pause my game without having to add a pause button or anything. As well as the cheats. ;)

KJP - Much love homie... so, all the razing is all in good fun. :glee:

And in case anyone is wondering why there is an on/off switch for the Neobitz encoder... It's because when both the Neobitz encoder and the RGB is connected at the same time, the RGB gets dim. Hench the switch. Please move this if it's in the wrong forum.

NeoGenesis-01.jpg

NeoGenesis-02.jpg

NeoGenesis-03.jpg

NeoGenesis-04.jpg

NeoGenesis-06.jpg

NeoGenesis-07.jpg

NeoGenesis-08.jpg

NeoGenesis-09.jpg

NeoGenesis-10.jpg

NeoGenesis-11.jpg

NeoGenesis-12.jpg

NeoGenesis-13.jpg

NeoGenesis-14.jpg

Last edited:

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
Wow, that looks really cool. Good job man.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
That's amazing...getting all that into a Genesis case!
Well done! :buttrock:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
looks awesome, but ...

1.: the power inlet is way too primitive for such a nice project. why use that one, if all the other parts are of a higher quality?

2.: the s-video 'socket' is used in a very primitive way. modding it would have made it more reliable and better looking. i mean ... it works (i guess), but knowing what they look like inside and seeing that extra hack job in addition ...

still, you can see that there went a lot of effort into this and it really does look good.
nice to see that there are still others around, who care to do more than only putting a few connectors on a 1f.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Fantastic work man!

I like how the cart dwarfs the entire console :)

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
:eek: Holy shit that looks awesome! Nice job man! How much did it cost to make?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
supergoose79 said:
looks awesome, but ...

1.: the power inlet is way too primitive for such a nice project. why use that one, if all the other parts are of a higher quality?

2.: the s-video 'socket' is used in a very primitive way. modding it would have made it more reliable and better looking. i mean ... it works (i guess), but knowing what they look like inside and seeing that extra hack job in addition ...

still, you can see that there went a lot of effort into this and it really does look good.
nice to see that there are still others around, who care to do more than only putting a few connectors on a 1f.

Falk,

1 - I actually don't like rocker switches that much. I prefer the type that was used instead... so I just push it to turn it on, push it to turn it off. I feel it's still of high quality.

2- I am not too clear on what you mean by modding the svideo socket. Could you please clarify?

I have clearly made mistakes in cutting and stuff, which is covered up in some parts. But in others, like where the RGB connector is, it can't be fixed. Oh well. I feel it turned out really nice. Doing this stuff is not for me. It takes way too long to finish. I'd rather mod PS2 and I told myself I would never do another one of those ever again either. :annoyed:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
ki_atsushi said:
:eek: Holy shit that looks awesome! Nice job man! How much did it cost to make?

Let's see... The 2 major cost was the Neobitz board and the MV-1C. Add everything up and I'd say it was about $300.

gemen

Mickey's Coach
Nice Job! When can we have a meetup? Cannot wait to play KOF98 on it. :buttrock:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
i meant the socket for the power supply. you know, that i used those in the past and i had quite some problems with them. from breaking pins to buzzing noises, when power supplies were connected.
don't want to knock on your system, really. it's just that i hope it won't break.

the s-video adapter that was used as a socket can be cut in half, sanded down and the inner piece glued in place again. it's more work, but you'd get to solder to some better contacts and would get rid of the primitive wiring inside the alloy shell of the s-video adapter.

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
300wins said:
Let's see... The 2 major cost was the Neobitz board and the MV-1C. Add everything up and I'd say it was about $300.

Great job Roger, very interesting :)

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I agree with everyone else. It's very nice looking and clean all around. I never could have imagined how well a genesis case would suit a neo. The piece you used to go around the cart slot is perfect, and the bare screws look pretty neat. The one thing I would suggest though, is that you align all of the screws so they are all in the same formation whether it be an x or a +. Don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to help out.

You know your work is good when people start to notice stuff like that

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
That's an excellent looking piece of hardware!
Congratulations!! :buttrock:

Now, when can we expect a mass run of these so I can buy one???!? :D

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
gorgeous.

I keep staring at the photos*

*with jealousy