Neo Genesis (56kers beware)

fuerstma

n00b
That looks so sweet I'd feel awful putting my copy of Samurai Shodown MVS cart in it that looks like it was dragged behind a car for miles and miles...

3xChaos

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Wow, that color really stands out. The black controller looks pale in comparison. You should also think about making the controllers the same color. Overall simply amazing...

3xChaos
Michael

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
thegreathopper said:
Very Impressive, the best mvs console yet...
Ditto.

Roger that is fantastic. I really like the placement of parts and the thought that went into it. Is that brushed aluminum you used on the top and at the ports? Where did you get that around here?

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
OMG that is very nice!! I loev the color!

GAMEFAN

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
300wins said:
Let's see... The 2 major cost was the Neobitz board and the MV-1C. Add everything up and I'd say it was about $300.

That's not bad at all! Awesome!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
looks good dude. dare i say the best? only thing thats holding it back in my eyes is the color. shoulda gone black. :buttrock:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Thanks for all the compliments.

Falk - Thanks for the input. I didn't even think about hacking the extra long end off of the svideo plug. I will consider it next time (if there is one).

Dean - John_Smith got it for me. So I didn't get it anywhere around here.

And I actually didn't want the console to be black, since I wanted it to stand out more.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Great job...

You don't need to hack up those SVideo coupler jacks (why do so many people use those?) -- you can get gold panel mount SVideo jacks that have a much smaller footprint and cleaner install. Silver too, which probably would have looked real nice on that brushed aluminum.

Jeff

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
makes the one i made look like a piece of shit :(

good job :buttrock:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Pocketgamer said:
If you were to sell the Neo Genesis, how much would it be for?

Sorry, it's not for sale. And even if it was, John_Smith has first dibs on it. I will probably be selling my consolized 1FZ done by Supergoose79 for me a while back soon.

ShyningFade

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm definitely glad I clicked this link... holy shit! At the same time, i'm uber jealous like the rest of 'em. Everytime I see a consolized system it makes me want to go MVS more and more, and that one makes me want to cry once I realize how much i'm missing out on!
Congrats on your achievement!

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Very nice! What did you use to bend the metal on the top? It looks perfect. Also, was there no way you could have used the existing power and reset buttons? Maybe reconstructing something underneath?

Great work. I love it.

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
It's very nice. Just one question - what stops the mvs board moving around inside the shell, seeing as there are no screws in the corners of the board?