NBA Season 22/23

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
If 18 games was a statistically significant sample size, Jeremy Lin would be a hall-of-famer and not the answer to an obscure trivia question. But by all means, carry on being salty Jokic didn't win the MVP.
Man, Linsanity was a fun time though and I don’t even care about the Knicks

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Jesus Christ
kMnUbFt.gif

That could've been so much worse

famicommander

15 Year Member
Someone trying to do their Seth Rollins impersonation but you're right...that really could've been worse.
He didn't stomp him on purpose but the only reason he was in the air at all is because he was flopping. Again. And it got someone hurt again, just like he did when he destroyed his own team mate Danny Green's knee by flopping.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Horrible game for the Nuggets. Murray couldn't hit a 3 and made terrible decisions down the stretch.

Jokic with 28 points, 17 rebounds, and 17 assists and it wasn't enough.

Oh well. It took Booker and Durant going for 87 points to beat us. We'll win game 4.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
That Super Mario stomp was the highlight of the game for the 76ers. I still don’t know how he didn’t pass the fuck out. Embid has to be at least 280lbs

famicommander

15 Year Member
That Super Mario stomp was the highlight of the game for the 76ers. I still don’t know how he didn’t pass the fuck out. Embid has to be at least 280lbs
He didn't come down full force, he was in flop mode. If he'd wanted to he could easily have killed the dude. Thankfully Williams is okay.

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Williams and Brown both hit the ground diving for a loose ball. Great effort. Embiid spun away from the ball before even starting his flop. His flopping is atrocious and embarrassing.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Williams and Brown both hit the ground diving for a loose ball. Great effort. Embiid spun away from the ball before even starting his flop. His flopping is atrocious and embarrassing.
That series has the 3 biggest floppers in the whole NBA right now with Embiid, Harden, and Smart. Horrible basketball to watch.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
I know Fami punching the air right now. Fuck the Nuggets it’s playoff time and the yearly choke is amongst us.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I called Nuggets in 6 before the series. Nuggets still have the home court. They need to put Christian Braun on Booker; he's too tall for Bruce Brown and too strong for KCP.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
my dream 2023 - rockies suck (not a problem there), avs eliminated (done), nuggets eliminated (in-progress), broncos miss playoffs (tbd), winnipeg blue bombers have a losing record (probably), lacrosse gets abolished, and dune follow-up gets cancelled due.

god, i have never asked for anything from you before...

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I mean the 2022 regular season ended in January so you can already tick off the Broncos. Nothing will be as hilarious as "Let's Ride" Russ's concussed face in the dirt. Summed up their season in one picture.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Horrible game for the Nuggets. Murray couldn't hit a 3 and made terrible decisions down the stretch.

Jokic with 28 points, 17 rebounds, and 17 assists and it wasn't enough.

Oh well. It took Booker and Durant going for 87 points to beat us. We'll win game 4.
Looks like Jokic might be suspended for a game today after trying to take a dead ball out of Ishiba's hands and then pushing Ishiba back into his seat.

Nuggets in 4.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Heat in 5 after the last game. Hope the Knicks show a reaction to a terrible game 3.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Looks like Jokic might be suspended for a game today after trying to take a dead ball out of Ishiba's hands and then pushing Ishiba back into his seat.

Nuggets in 4.
If he gets suspended for that slight shove after Ishbia shoved him first that'll be an atrocity for the game of basketball. Reminds me of the 2007 NBA Western Conference Semis when Stoudemire and Diaw got suspended for Game 5.

Fygee

20 Year Member
If he gets suspended for that slight shove after Ishbia shoved him first that'll be an atrocity for the game of basketball. Reminds me of the 2007 NBA Western Conference Semis when Stoudemire and Diaw got suspended for Game 5.
There's lots of discussion about that in Suns groups right now.

My take is that Jokic going into the seats for a dead ball, trying to wrestle the ball away when it's the ref's responsibility to do so, and then shoving someone back into their seat when they wouldn't give it up immediately (dude had the ball for like...5 seconds) warrants a suspension. I think it's shit that it happened during the playoffs, but it is what it is.

Stoudemire and Diaw just stepped onto the court, and just barely. They didn't touch anyone. They didn't engage anyone. All they did was get excited and step in a bit. Apples and oranges to me.

famicommander

15 Year Member
No, it shouldn't be a suspension.

Jokic was trying to get a fast break going and the Suns bitch flopper owner had no right to keep it from him. Then the Suns owner got up in Jokic's face and put his hand on his back before Jokic shoved him away, then he flopped like Manu Ginobili playing soccer on ice.

EDIT:

Even the Suns owner agrees he should not be suspended.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Jokic had no right to grab the ball from him. The play was dead, the ball was dead, it's the ref's responsibility to retrieve it. Jokic decided to be an ass and try to trip the ball away from him while he was focused on Okogie and making sure he was alright.

If Jokic waited two seconds and asked for the ball this would have been a non-issue.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Jokic had no right to grab the ball from him. The play was dead, the ball was dead, it's the ref's responsibility to retrieve it. Jokic decided to be an ass and try to trip the ball away from him while he was focused on Okogie and making sure he was alright.

If Jokic waited two seconds and asked for the ball this would have been a non-issue.
He had every right to grab the ball and the Suns owner had no right to stop him from doing so. If any other fan in the building refused to give the ball back they'd be ejected on the spot.

Fygee

20 Year Member
No, no he didn't. If it was a live play, fine. It wasn't. Ball was dead. Refs' responsibility.

He wasn't deliberately holding the ball and refusing to give it back. Like I said, he happened to catch it when Okogie came flying in, he was focused on making sure Okogie was alright, and Jokic came in and douched it up by trying to grab the ball away while Ishiba's attention was still on Okogie. If Jokic either would have asked for the ball to then give to the ref, or waited for the ref to get it, this would have been a non-issue.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'm glad NBA used their brains and decided NOT to suspend Jokic. He already had been assessed a technical foul and fined $25k.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I get where the issue of players going into the stands comes from but suspending Jokic for this would’ve just been dumb. Let him be on the floor to watch another 50+ effort of his go completely to waste ideally.