NBA Season 22/23

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The Cavs aren't bad... they're just young and don't have a lot of depth. Plus I don't think their coach is any good. If they can hold on to their guys and fill in the gaps, they'll be dangerous in a couple of years.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Heat knocking the Bucks out would be the biggest upset in the first round since the "We Believe" pre-Curry Warriors knocked out the record setting Mavs back in...08 I think?

Lakers now have a 3-1 lead over the Grizz. Didn't expect that one either. Toxic combo of a team that historically folds in the playoffs and the other the league is desperate to bring back into relevance because of LeBron and revenue.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Knicks are good since they added Brunson and hart , they control the pace of the game and made the right plays down the stretch.
Jimmy butler had a monster game and pull off the win at home .

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Butler willed the Heat to that victory and has had a tremendous series. The Cavs need a similar effort from Mitchell, which he provided for a lot of the regular season, but he's been a non-factor this series after his big performance in the game 1 loss when nobody else showed up to help him. His 5 for 18 shooting with 6 turnovers last game was unforgiveable. I wanted the Cavs to win a series, but I guess they're not ready.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Mitchell needs to show something now. Also thought the Cavs are 2 years further ahead than the Knicks when they traded for Mitchell. It made more sense for them to go all in.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
2 out of 3 advanced tonight. Suns and Nuggets win their series, will play against each other starting Saturday in Denver with game two on Monday. Celtics blow their chance to close out their series against the Hawks so it's back to Atlanta for game 6.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Nugs in 6. MPJ and the bench will be the difference in this series.

Jokic > Ayton
Murray > old CP3
Durant > Gordon
Booker > KCP

That leaves MPJ vs Craig or Okogie and bench vs bench. I like the Nugs matchup in both cases.

Fygee

20 Year Member
1682527927220.jpeg

Honestly though, Nugs have the advantage this time around. Healthy Jamal Murray and a deeper bench than ours.

Monty is coaching like he's D'Antoni with Nash and co. Brutal minutes for starters while barely using the bench. Understandable since the Suns bench isn't winning any awards, but all that means is your starters are going to get burnt out and have a higher risk of injury. It's not sustainable.

Ayton's defense against Jokic is going to be a critical factor as well.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Jason Kidd still played the last time the Knicks won a playoff series. Knicks vs Heat hell yeah.

Fygee

20 Year Member
The Bucks getting booted by the eighth seed is crazy enough, but losing 1-4?

Whatever madman that made a sports bet on that happening just made a shitload of cash.

To be fair though, injuries did play a role. But that's just the way the game goes.

I'm rooting for the Knicks for that series. NY is overdue for some playoff love. Ditto for the Kings. I hope they beat LA and put Lebron and those smug, entitled son of a bitches back into the offseason.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the Timberpups roster gets blown up in the offseason. It's absolutely toxic there. KAT is getting increasingly frustrated and disappointed while other stars/superstars of his class are surpassing him in the playoffs. Gobert is team poison now. Edwards is straight up assaulting people with chairs and can't contain his bullshit.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Defensive RAPTOR RS rankings of the four guys the Clips tried to guard Booker with:
56. Mann
84. Powell
94. Westbrook
102. Gordon

Defensive RAPTOR RS rankings of the three guys the Nugs will try to guard Booker with:
17. Caldwell-Pope
23. Braun
25. Brown

This is out of 104 guards/wings, so putting Eric Gordon on him is nearly as bad as you could possibly do.

Clips just had no chance to even slow him down without Paul George.

Last edited:

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Terrible coaching on the bucks last possession in the regular there 0.5 second left and they have a time out they didn’t used , and didn’t even get a shot off in the final possession in OT . Jimmy butler for stepping up leading the way.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Defensive RAPTOR RS rankings of the four guys the Clips tried to guard Booker with:
56. Mann
84. Powell
94. Westbrook
102. Gordon

Defensive RAPTOR RS rankings of the three guys the Nugs will try to guard Booker with:
17. Caldwell-Pope
23. Braun
25. Brown

Clips just had no chance to even slow him down without Paul George.
I think brown going do a good job on Booker . Don’t think he will have scoring average like the la series . Durant on the other hand might give Denver issues as they lack the size and length to stop him . Going to be a good series Denver in 6

famicommander

15 Year Member
I think brown going do a good job on Booker . Don’t think he will have scoring like the la series . Durant on the other hand might give Denver issues as they lack the size and length to stop him . Going to be a good series Denver in 6
Nobody stops Durant but Aaron Gordon can do as well as anybody. He's got the strength to keep him out of the paint and the quickness to chase him around. Durant can still shoot over him, as he can with pretty much anybody, but Gordon is going to make him work hard on both ends.

KCP will be on Booker most of the time as he's a starter.

How the Nuggets cover the Suns:
Gordon on Durant
KCP on Booker
Murray on CP3
Jokic on Ayton
Porter on Craig/Okogie

The Suns will have a much more difficult time covering the Nuggets.

You absolutely cannot put CP3 on Murray. He's too old to chase Murray through a hundred screens. So
CP3 on KCP
Ayton on Jokic
Durant on Gordon
Booker on Murray
Craig or Okogie on Porter

Those are some bad matchups for the Suns.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member

Good to see Harden is focused on the right things.
Strippers and gambling….

Anyway I think Bruce brown was a great pick up for Denver , the guy had that dog mentality on the defensive end and he will get you some buckets as well like GP2 . Malone should be able to get better use of him on Booker/ cp3 if Denver run into foul issues . Old man jeff green can give em som defensive minutes on durant as well .

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
I think if Anthony Davis and Lebron stay healthy, the Lakers will sneak into the playoffs around 6th seed and go onto win another chip.

Lakers are currently 13th in the West.
This shit right here

Attachments

• AA3C1ED9-C8D3-427D-A90D-94FE64503CF2.jpeg
    AA3C1ED9-C8D3-427D-A90D-94FE64503CF2.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 5

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I'm rooting for the Knicks for that series. NY is overdue for some playoff love. Ditto for the Kings. I hope they beat LA and put Lebron and those smug, entitled son of a bitches back into the offseason.
Luka.jpg

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Nuggets whoop Suns 125-107 in the opening game. 8th seed Miami travels to 5th seed New York tomorrow to start their series while Golden State and Sacramento play the 7th and deciding game of their series...winner plays LA Lakers. Philadelphia and Boston start their series Monday while the Suns and Nuggets play Game 2, then get a lengthy rest and play Game 3 in Phoenix on Friday.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Nuggets whoop Suns 125-107 in the opening game. 8th seed Miami travels to 5th seed New York tomorrow to start their series while Golden State and Sacramento play the 7th and deciding game of their series...winner plays LA Lakers. Philadelphia and Boston start their series Monday while the Suns and Nuggets play Game 2, then get a lengthy rest and play Game 3 in Phoenix on Friday.

Suns not going to win any game if they shoot less then 25 3s a Game against the nuggets , remember the Miami vs New York series it’s nostalgic .

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's like the Suns read on Twitter than Jokic can't defend the high pick and roll so they decided to try only that, even though it's not what the Suns normally do on offense.