NBA Season 22/23

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
So if the Lakers (#7 West) and the Heat (#8 East) make it to the finals, they would be the lowest seeds playing for a NBA Championship ever. And while I'm pulling for the Nuggets to win it all, the only reason for me is that they're the only remaining team that hasn't won a title.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
So if the Lakers (#7 West) and the Heat (#8 East) make it to the finals, they would be the lowest seeds playing for a NBA Championship ever. And while I'm pulling for the Nuggets to win it all, the only reason for me is that they're the only remaining team that hasn't won a title.
Same. Plus they mostly built through the draft and aren't some LeBum created super team.

More than anything, I want teams that have never, or haven't in a very long time, to start winning some championships. I'm sick and tired of California, Miami, and Boston hogging all the glory. Especially California.

If it absolutely has to be California, at least let the Kings thrive for a change.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Same. Plus they mostly built through the draft and aren't some LeBum created super team.

More than anything, I want teams that have never, or haven't in a very long time, to start winning some championships. I'm sick and tired of California, Miami, and Boston hogging all the glory. Especially California.

If it absolutely has to be California, at least let the Kings thrive for a change.
Kings had their chance, and probably would've moved on if Sabonis had bothered to show up for any of the playoff games. They've got a solid core though and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to make noise next year

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Monty Williams once led the Phoenix Suns to the NBA Finals. He won't get another chance to take them back.

The Suns fired Williams on Saturday, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, two days after their elimination by the Denver Nuggets in the Western Conference semifinals. That disappointing exit left the Suns with some uncomfortable questions, one of which has now been answered.

Williams' Suns tenure ends after four seasons, in which he posted a 194-115 record and won NBA Coach of the Year in 2022. That span was highlighted by a trip to the 2021 NBA Finals, where the Suns lost in six games to the Milwaukee Bucks, who also fired their coach, Mike Budenholzer, this week.

Firing a head coach with that track record is reflective of the high expectations the Suns face with a core led by Kevin Durant and Devin Booker and also the perils of being a head coach after an ownership change. Mortgage billionaire Matt Ishbia purchased the team from Robert Sarver late last year.

The firing might not be a cheap one for the Suns either, as Williams signed a pricey contract extension last summer that was set to go into effect in 2024. However, Williams was reported by Yahoo Sports' Jake Fischer to be a potential candidate for the Bucks' coaching vacancy.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Monty Williams once led the Phoenix Suns to the NBA Finals. He won't get another chance to take them back.

The Suns fired Williams on Saturday, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, two days after their elimination by the Denver Nuggets in the Western Conference semifinals. That disappointing exit left the Suns with some uncomfortable questions, one of which has now been answered.

Williams' Suns tenure ends after four seasons, in which he posted a 194-115 record and won NBA Coach of the Year in 2022. That span was highlighted by a trip to the 2021 NBA Finals, where the Suns lost in six games to the Milwaukee Bucks, who also fired their coach, Mike Budenholzer, this week.

Firing a head coach with that track record is reflective of the high expectations the Suns face with a core led by Kevin Durant and Devin Booker and also the perils of being a head coach after an ownership change. Mortgage billionaire Matt Ishbia purchased the team from Robert Sarver late last year.

The firing might not be a cheap one for the Suns either, as Williams signed a pricey contract extension last summer that was set to go into effect in 2024. However, Williams was reported by Yahoo Sports' Jake Fischer to be a potential candidate for the Bucks' coaching vacancy.
Nick nurse could be a good candidate for the coaching vacancy .

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Hows about sacking the players for not living up to their max contracts? The players agreements have created monsters out of these guys. Constant sooking, resting, trade requests etc while getting paid tens of millions.

New agreement:

Maximum 1 year contracts.
Maximum 10 million a year and you can only get that after your 5th year.

Watch how different things would be.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Bucks also fired Mike Budenholzer some days ago. Winning a title or a coach of the year doesn't mean anything nowadays.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

Ja Morant decided that one social media post of him waving a gun around someplace he shouldn't be wasn't enough, I guess

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
When LA wins the championship this thread is going to be awesome. 8 more wins boys!!!!
Can’t wait for the hate and walls of excuses.
We should be thanked for eliminating Golden State. Because no other team could have

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Warriors are washed. Even the Kings took them 7 games and that's with Sabonis playing with his head up his own ass.

The Lakers haven't played a team with a center yet. Grizz were missing Clarke and Adams and the Warriors play forwards as small ball 5s. Jokic is going to eat Davis alive.

In 22 minutes of Davis covering Jokic this season, Jokic scored 36 points with 6 assists on 16/25 shooting (15/18 from 2, 1/7 from 3, 4/4 FT). He's too big and strong for Davis, which is why the Lakers used Howard and McGee to body him up and had Davis play weakside help in the last series against the Nuggets.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
The Warriors are washed. Even the Kings took them 7 games and that's with Sabonis playing with his head up his own ass.

The Lakers haven't played a team with a center yet. Grizz were missing Clarke and Adams and the Warriors play forwards as small ball 5s. Jokic is going to eat Davis alive.

In 22 minutes of Davis covering Jokic this season, Jokic scored 36 points with 6 assists on 16/25 shooting (15/18 from 2, 1/7 from 3, 4/4 FT). He's too big and strong for Davis, which is why the Lakers used Howard and McGee to body him up and had Davis play weakside help in the last series against the Nuggets.
Friendly reminder that the Lakers split the season series with Denver 2-2 and that all 4 of those games were with Westbrook still on the team. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the new lineup is at least a tad better so it should be a good series

famicommander

15 Year Member
Friendly reminder that the Lakers split the season series with Denver 2-2 and that all 4 of those games were with Westbrook still on the team. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the new lineup is at least a tad better so it should be a good series
Nugs bench in those two losses was DeAndre Jordan, Davon Reed, and Bones Hyland. And the Nuggets played down to their competition in the regular season. They lost the season series with Oklahoma City, split with Detroit, split with Orlando, etc. They also went 2-2 with both Minnesota and Phoenix in the regular season and we saw how that turned out.

I had Nugs in 5 over Minnesota and Nugs in 6 over Phoenix. Two for two.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Are you Lakers fans that delusional that you think they are going to crush the Nuggets?! Not saying they don't have a chance, but it definitely won't be an easy series for them.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Are you Lakers fans that delusional that you think they are going to crush the Nuggets?! Not saying they don't have a chance, but it definitely won't be an easy series for them.
Me personally? No, I think it’ll be the toughest series so far for either team and a good one but no way in hell is any series against a 1 seed “easy” by any means. You don’t just win 50+ games by accident after all. My point was only that the Lakers have definitely improved a fair bit since they last played which is the only reason I have any hope at all

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Lakers have definitely improved a fair bit since they last played which is the only reason I have any hope at all
Oh, they definitely got better at the right time. LeBron, AD, Reaves... These dudes have been on fire lately. Really should be a great series, I look forward to seeing it play out.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Elimination games in the second round: Nuggets blow out Suns, Lakers blow out Warriors and Celtics blow out Sixers.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Sixers let us down *again*.

This city stays being runner up.

Not
Enough
Ball
Movement

Shit was embarrassing

famicommander

15 Year Member
FwH2DrgWIAAhUKp

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
You just make it harder to actually like the Nuggets. MVP is useless when you can't win the chip anyway.