MVS Price Guide Overhaul

han_napier

n00b
942578_494978567244758_1231922828_n.jpg
If you hate me now you don't wanna hear the terribly karmic way I came across this kit haha.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
942578_494978567244758_1231922828_n.jpg
If you hate me now you don't wanna hear the terribly karmic way I came across this kit haha.

Just letting you know that it isn't worth $2K. $700-850 is a more realistic price. Nice kit though.

han_napier

n00b
Also, I was curious if low serial #'s have an effect on the market. I've got a Samurai Shodown V that's #000022. (The lowest I've ever seen on a cart/box)

han_napier

n00b
Damn, NeoStore's got a rough lookin incomplete black cart kit of LB2 for over $1k. I'm sure it's gonna set on the shelf for a while but if the seller doesn't budge that only leaves multiple buyers to budge.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's incomplete so there's not much chance of anyone buying it at that price.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
A last blade 2 just sold here for like 80 pounds, what now

han_napier

n00b
Yeah but mine is complete and a blue cart kit and NM+ I'd say. Oh, and ChuChu, I technically got mine for less than nothing, someone sold me a 2 slot cabinet without telling me the monitor had a couple blown caps in the chassis board. The auction had the kits listed that came with the MVS cab, about 13 or 14. All the Samurai Shodown's were listed. When I got the package I was kinda bummed cause they left out Samurai Showdown 3. Then I realized they got a copy of Last Blade 2 that looked like it had never been opened mixed up with my copy of Samurai Shodown 3 and all it costed me (a 2 slot cab and 13-14 kits) was like $800 and a couple capacitors from radioshack, what now.

han_napier

n00b
Damn! I'd buy that one if I...oh wait it sold already. And I never said the color was a factor in price I just noticed a couple of people on here mentioning they've never even seen a blue cart kit and it's rarity. Also I asked in the 2nd post I made on here about a Samurai Shodown V I have and if low serial #'s have a factor in the market, you not noticing that is hilarious to me. I've been a long time fan of everything SNK and thought asking around on here would have been a good way to get info on selling some of my kits, I'm also laughing about that now too.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Also I asked in the 2nd post I made on here about a Samurai Shodown V I have and if low serial #'s have a factor in the market, you not noticing that is hilarious to me.

Low serials #'s have typically not affected the going rate of MVS kits. I suppose if you had something like a 000001 than it might be a different story. Probably depends on how anal the buyer is rather than a whole market. Imagine a whole kit collection and all of them are 000001 serial numbered (if that's even possible).

Now stop acting like a jackass.

Last edited:

han_napier

n00b
I was just curious, seeing how people are anal about matching serials. Thanks for the info, you too Xian Xi.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Damn! I'd buy that one if I...oh wait it sold already. And I never said the color was a factor in price I just noticed a couple of people on here mentioning they've never even seen a blue cart kit and it's rarity. Also I asked in the 2nd post I made on here about a Samurai Shodown V I have and if low serial #'s have a factor in the market, you not noticing that is hilarious to me. I've been a long time fan of everything SNK and thought asking around on here would have been a good way to get info on selling some of my kits, I'm also laughing about that now too.

Way too much laughing without anything funny.

han_napier

n00b
You and your cool owl pic should go make a hip meme about that and make it funny. Where'd the rest of your sentence go by the way? lolololololololololololol.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
For the record, I'd pay $800 to $1,000 for Han's kit if he were selling it, but he isn't unless I missed something. That's only because I am picky about the condition of my kits and the one he has is exceptional. MVS prices have got out of hand lately. A lot of stuff is going for way over the true value. This Last Blade 2 kit however is quite rare in this condition so I don't think anything near $1,000 or a little beyond is over shooting.

Be sure to send me a PM or Email if you ever sell it! You would make my day. But for god sakes, if you do don't flip it on eBay, keep that piece in the community or for yourself.