MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Don't forget it's Xmas and probably the worst time to send/receive anything in a timely manner.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Hello,

We are not going to share this info, but even if we would share how many NEOSDs have been sold, this would not make sense at all.

We have decided to invest every single euro back into the next projects. Next project is something big aswel and will require a lot of resources. Resources include work hours, prototyping and other things, you cant quantify all with just money.

You cant think on the NEOSD break even, you have to think on Terraonion (the company that develops NEOSD) break even. So far, we are pretty far from the break even on Terraonion, but we were expecting that, this is part of the bussiness plan.

So resuming, no break even, we are still putting own resources on Terraonion, personal money and work time.

Thanks

Repro cps1 a board and cps1 multi pls.

glitch77

New Challenger
Hello Everyone,

We are considering about offer an UPS upgrade for shipments, this upgrade would cost 20 euros.
Shipping time to USA would be 1-2 days once we have stock, we dont want to rise the price more, but this upgrade may be something some of you have been asking us about.

We would like to hear your opinion about that.

Thanks

As I said in PM, I am waiting to order on this service.

Thanks!

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
What's in the deluxe version usually, just a fancy box?

Pretty much. I know they had an exclusive black PCB on the Turbo ED but don't offer it anymore from what I've seen on the site. With the Neo SD having a shell, not sure what the added benefit would be ordering through SAG.

Neo SD...Can you at least give those of us who were early preorders of the AES version a jump on the rest with some faster shipping? Can you elaborate on how we'll know if we're in the first wave of orders shipped? I preordered the first day it was available. Will we get ours faster than the SAG preorders?

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello

Stone Age Gamer is going to distribute NEOSD, yes.

We haven´t anounced this cause we still dont have stock for them, and preorders go before aswel.

They will add his own packing, that means : we will sell them NEOSD AES and MVS (pcbs+shells). They will put theyr own artwork there, this is what premium edition means. Software, hardware and shells will be 100% the same.

About when : we still cant give info about that cause we don´t know, it deppends on a lot of things, factory is the first one and as today we still dont have shells in stock (blame December hollydays and christmas, this has ruined pretty much all of our plans on ALL sides).

We can asure you all that preorders will have NEOSD AES before.

About shipping :

Next week we will add UPS Express shipping upgrade option to the website.
This is going to be avaliable ONLY for AES orders.
Upgrade will cost 20 euros and will be sold as an article alone, so everyone that has ordered AES in USA will be able to receive NEOSD 2-3 days after we have stock.

Now it comes the bad part of the story :

We were going to have stock for MVS yesterday, unfortunally factory called, to tell us that they were out of time to process our order as we agreeded. We launched another MVS order the day the first MVS order was sold, this was more than 1,5 months ago if i dont remember bad, they said we would have this batch before they close the factory for christmass.

So, factory closed yesterday and will be closed until 9th January, they will process our order as soon as they come back.
To compensate you all, we will ship EVERY MVS by UPS at no extra charge, as soon as we get the stock.
This means :
If you bought MVS and was waiting for it, it would take 5 weeks from Spain to USA (not counting christmass postal overwork).
It will take 2-3 days to arrive usa once we have stock, so it should arrive faster than if we would have shipped it this week by correos.

We work hard everyday to have everyone happy with our products and service, unfortunally there are some things such as factory work that not only depends on us, that depends on theyr other customers delays/problems that are out of our controll

Thanks

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
Hello

Stone Age Gamer is going to distribute NEOSD, yes.

We havenエt anounced this cause we still dont have stock for them, and preorders go before aswel.

They will add his own packing, that means : we will sell them NEOSD AES and MVS (pcbs+shells). They will put theyr own artwork there, this is what premium edition means. Software, hardware and shells will be 100% the same.

About when : we still cant give info about that cause we donエt know, it deppends on a lot of things, factory is the first one and as today we still dont have shells in stock (blame December hollydays and christmas, this has ruined pretty much all of our plans on ALL sides).

We can asure you all that preorders will have NEOSD AES before.

About shipping :

Upgrade will cost 20 euros and will be sold as an article alone, so everyone that has ordered AES in USA will be able to receive NEOSD 2-3 days after we have stock.

Now it comes the bad part of the story :

We were going to have stock for MVS yesterday, unfortunally factory called, to tell us that they were out of time to process our order as we agreeded. We launched another MVS order the day the first MVS order was sold, this was more than 1,5 months ago if i dont remember bad, they said we would have this batch before they close the factory for christmass.

So, factory closed yesterday and will be closed until 9th January, they will process our order as soon as they come back.
To compensate you all, we will ship EVERY MVS by UPS at no extra charge, as soon as we get the stock.
This means :
If you bought MVS and was waiting for it, it would take 5 weeks from Spain to USA (not counting christmass postal overwork).
It will take 2-3 days to arrive usa once we have stock, so it should arrive faster than if we would have shipped it this week by correos.

We work hard everyday to have everyone happy with our products and service, unfortunally there are some things such as factory work that not only depends on us, that depends on theyr other customers delays/problems that are out of our controll

Thanks

Thanks for answering some of my concerns. New Artwork and whatever fancy box they include is not enough of a better deal to go with SAG's version imo. Especially considering the extra cost and manufacturing delays. People who order through them probably won't see a Neo SD until mid 2017. Big fan of SAG, I just can't justify spending more than the cart already costs for the nice packaging and different artwork...Which may end up not being as good anyways.

Oh and I'm all over that upgrade option for postage to get my AES Neo SD faster btw.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Don't beat yourselves up over this. Everyone who ordered should be aware that you are, however dedicated, just a small business, delays can happen (especially around this time of year). Try not to worry about it too much (especially because it was not your fault at all) and have yourselves happy holidays!

neosd

Neosd Developer
Thanks for answering some of my concerns. New Artwork and whatever fancy box they include is not enough of a better deal to go with SAG's version imo. Especially considering the manufacturing delays. People who order through them probably won't see a Neo SD until mid 2017.

Hello,

Fact is that all our delays on boards manufacturing have been cause by one thing :

From middle of November to middle of Januray there are a lot of national party days in Spain.
People also used to get vacations here on christmas, so its the time factories tend to close and customers from those factories launch big orders cause they will not get any stock produced until January.
I would say that after January, factory normal production times will come back to whats usual, 4 weeks for an order. We just got one week delay on the first MVS order that we launched in late October.

So no, Stone Age Gamer will have stock much before that, our own preorders will go before any other order, this is for sure.

Don't beat yourselves up over this. Everyone who ordered should be aware that you are, however dedicated, just a small business, delays can happen (especially around this time of year). Try not to worry about it too much (especially because it was not your fault at all) and have yourselves happy holidays!

Honestly, the worst part about deliver a product is not spend time on fixing bugs, its to tell your customers you are not in time.

I can tell you that last wednesday i talked by phone with the owner of the factory and told me our MVS order would be ready yesterday.
They called us yesterday to tell us that, i preffered to rest and explain it today ratter than yesterday, those kind of things are the hardest things to tell and end stressing you.

Everyone that has worked on factoring knows what i am talking about, its just like to get a plane on the last hour of the day, you end getting all the delays from others planes, not yours. Factoring tends to be the same but any any hour.

Thanks

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Your getting an outside distributer when you have your own site set up and running? It sounds like a very bad move to me.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Your getting an outside distributer when you have your own site set up and running? It sounds like a very bad move to me.

Hello,

We want to give more options to our customers, theyr product is going to be different than ours, it will be sold at a higher price aswel.

Our goal since day one is to deliver more products than Neo Geo flashcart. So it makes sense on our long term bussiness plan.

If a customer wants a bare NEOSD (just cartridge with sticker) he can buy it from us, if the customer wants a NEOSD with case and artwork and is wiling to pay extra for that, he can buy it from Stone Age Gamer.

So yes, we want to offer more options to our customers.

Thanks

Last edited:

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
Hello,

We want to give more options to our customers, theyr product is going to be different than ours, it will be sold at a higher price aswel.

Our goal since day one is to deliver more products than Neo Geo flashcart. So it makes sense on our long term bussiness plan.

If a customer wants a bare NEOSD (just cartridge with sticker) he can buy it from us, if the customer wants a NEOSD with case and artwork and is wiling to pay extra for that, he can buy it from Stone Age Gamer.

So yes, we want to offer more options to our customers.

Thanks

I'd have to agree. I personally have bought a deluxe version of the ED from SAG because I preferred a black PCB exclusive and the snazzy box. It cost me about an additional $60 for that option if I remember right. I look forward to seeing what SAG has planned for their deluxe Neo SD and think it is great that people have that option but it will surely be something that not too many people can afford. But damnit...I know I'll want it. :(

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
You are creating an uneeded price pressure on your product and giving up control of your 100% position to a third party, after a year maybe thats fine but so soon? It's your product and totally up to you of course. As soon as a dist has stock they cannot sell, prices drop regardless of the cost price, esp when they are competting with the makers own site. I guess you will have the agreements in place so they cannot undercut you?

I think your going to find these NeoGeo guys are very creative and will make thier own artworks regardless of the artwork you or another site makes to make something premier. There are places like southtown that users can get premium artwork printed and shock boxes etc.

neosd

Neosd Developer
There is not going to be a price drop. This is part of the deal.

You are creating an uneeded price pressure on your product and giving up control of your 100% position to a third party, after a year maybe thats fine but so soon? It's your product and totally up to you of course. As soon as a dist has stock they cannot sell, prices drop regardless of the cost price, esp when they are competting with the makers own site. I guess you will have the agreements in place so they cannot undercut you?

I think your going to find these NeoGeo guys are very creative and will make thier own artworks regardless of the artwork you or another site makes to make something premier. There are places like southtown that users can get premium artwork printed and shock boxes etc.

cmoliveira

n00b
About shipping :

Can us Canadians use this UPS Express shipping as well? Will the delivery time be comparable?

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member

I agree with Raz...not really a need for a company selling deluxe editions on top of a cheaper vanilla cart, but hey, I'm sure you have seen opportunities.

I would be more concerned about approaching the Japanese market... I think that's the other big buyers pool, and the risk is seeing flippers reselling on auctions for profit, but also getting cease and desists letters if not properly advertised as a development tool... just curious, have you had orders from Japanese people (I mean, not westerns living in Japan) already?

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
...almost forgot to say...happy holidays to the NeoSD team!
take some rest, you greatly deserve it!