Multilingual bastards check in

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Hablo íngeles, español, y poquito japonese. No me gusta mucho español porque este es muy difficial y estudié por tres años.

Damn... :very_ang:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
german :

obvious

english :

need about 5 to 10 minutes to get used to actually speaking it in rl and i'm aware of the fact that even then it's far from being perfect.
my dvd player has been set to english from day one and i also used to read many english magazines, during the past 10 years.

russian :

had it as a subject in school from the 3rd til the end of the 10th grade, can read it and remember many words, but can't really have a conversation in russian.

danish :

i understand quite some written dansk and did not yet give up on learning to speak it. it's hard tho, if you don't have much material that helps you with getting the pronunciation right. :(

woot ... just found some interesting links that might actually help me with learning danish ...

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Finnish
Swedish
English
A little German (Read it in high school, so it has deteriorated pretty badly )

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
German and English, I also have basic skills in Dutch and French.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
a tutti quanti qua dentro piace il salame eccetto me ? :shame:

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I can read German just fine. I've translated several technical manuals from German to English (mercedes stuff to another german co. who made power inverters we use at work).

Speaking isn't so hot because noone around here speaks German, and we even have a local German heritage association, but they're mostly pricks.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Dutch - fluent
Turkish - fluent
English - fluent
German - fluent

little espanyol, fench, chinese & jap. but just a lil bit. better at understanding than talkin.

1 surinam guy i know, a friend of my fathers speaks about a dozen languages(and didnt even learn them in school or anything), really cool how he can talk with everyone in their own language. wish i could do that :crying:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
Speaking isn't so hot because noone around here speaks German, and we even have a local German heritage association, but they're mostly pricks.
skype?

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Well english is actually my 2nd language. French (Canadian-french) is my mother-tongue. ;)

Then I did take spanish in high school (but that's a while back). I do understand some of it. And yes, I did take some Japanese lessons (a while back). I know a tiny bit of Malay and various "sayings" in various Chinese "dialects". :P

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
English.
I'll be fucked if i ever listened in french class, so fucking booooring.
I can remember je soif. Its i'm thirsty, i think.
I want to learn Dutch because i may move to Holland in a few years. Whooo!

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
hmmm, takumaji you do know a little dutch dont you. are you one of those weekenders that come to the dutch for coffeeshops usage and a little import export? im cusious do you live near our border??

edit:
yo bloodriot, wtf man hahaha. that southafrican dutch is hillarious. nd soulthug i think yourre better of in brittain at the moement, the economy isnt really blooming anymore and it dousnt look like things will be getting better soon.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
English
Spanish
French

Plus a few words of

Japanese
Chinese

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
MUSOLINI said:
hmmm, takumaji you do know a little dutch dont you. are you one of those weekenders that come to the dutch for coffeeshops usage and a little import export? im cusious do you live near our border??

I live in Nuremberg (Bavaria), and I have a soft spot for Holland ever since I was little and my parents went on holiday in Katwijk aan Zee with my sister and me for several years in a row.

My Dutch skills aren't very hot, I have no prob with reading the language and with useful basics for everyday conversation (e.g. when buying stuff or eating at a restaurant), but I still have troubles following longer discussions... you guys talk so damn fast!

About the Coffeeshops, well, I don't mind visiting one when I'm there but they're not the primary reason why I come to your country.

I also love spending new year's eve there, you guys have much better fireworks compared to our high-security castrated stuff.... :D

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
English/Jamaican Patois. Patois is just an English dialect though. I'm like one of the few "half" jamaicans who can speak it. Most never learn cuz they are too fuckin lazy like my brother. You'd never know he was half jamaican. He can't even understand it a little bit.

I live in Germany near the borders of Belgium, Luxemburg and France so I commonly hear French and Luxembourgish(a germanic language) on the regular. Right now I'm learning German and French. I may throw in Luxembourgish if I get a Girlfriend from Luxembourg :)

In the coming months I can guarantee i'll have near fluency in German because I study nonstop out of school and I take a College class and I have a plethora of German friends, some of whom aren't good or can't speak english. Only problem with German is that it has waay to many regional dialects and I earned to speak an Eiffel dialect and the pronounciation is different than Proper "high" German so I have a slight bit of difficulty in class when saying words with "ch" in it like "garnichts" and "Sechszig".

So i'd say by the end of this year I'll be close to Trilingual.

Once I get good enough at German and French i'm going after Portuguese, Italian and Spanish.

My goal in life is to be able to be fluent in no less than 5 foreign languages before I die. If God Is willing I will.

p.s. I've recently joined a Capoeira class so I'll be getting some portuguese practice in soon.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Latin, Spanish, Japanese (rusty, but I sometimes think in Japanese when I shouldn't), Persian, English and a little French.

I actually read and write poetry in Persian.

roker said:
I can speak Aramaic, understand, yet I haven't met one person who can write it (it's a dead language)

I'd like to see Charlie or Bobak top that

edit:

I can also speak some simple Dutch and Spanish, but these days I'm probably a bit rusty

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
Just because you ran Dash radio doesn't mean you speak Japanese. You're full of shit.