Money Puzzle Exchanger - so addictive!

Bazza1000

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Played Money Puzzle Exchanger for the first time today - its so addictive I love it already! What a great little game.

Who else is a fan of this game?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Played Money Puzzle Exchanger for the first time today - its so addictive I love it already! What a great little game.

Who else is a fan of this game?

It's great, but it can't hold a candle to Magical Drop 3. Especially for vs play. MPE involves more strategy, and I like to think of it as a thinking mans MD3, but nine times out of ten if I want that style of game play, I'll go for the twitch and speed of MD3. :D

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
MD3 is one of the greatest puzzle games of all time.

I also like MPE and appreciate its twist and polish.

Beelay

New Challenger
I just picked this up last week!
It's suuuuper addictive, you're right! I bought MD3 too but haven't even touched it yet, heh!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Play MPE then Gururin then Totc and tell me if Totc is made by Face.

MPE is a VERY fun game when challenging a friend. Once you get everything down and flowing it becomes a pretty competitive game.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I actually prefer MPE over MD3 for 1p vs 2p play.

Strange

War Room Troll
MPE is a cheap blatant ripoff of MD3. Yeah... MG3 4 The Win!!!

Bazza1000

Tarma's Gun Polisher
A best of 10 game soon became a best of 50 when playing vs against my buddy yesterday.

Have got MD3 but only ever had a quick go on it, will have to give that some more time and see what it's like in vs mode.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Have got MD3 but only ever had a quick go on it, will have to give that some more time and see what it's like in vs mode.

MD3 and MPE seem similar on the surface, but they are completely different games. MPE is much more of a thinking game, where MD3 is manic fast.

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
MD3 and MPE seem similar on the surface, but they are completely different games. MPE is much more of a thinking game, where MD3 is manic fast.

agreed, both games are fun for their own quarks.

MD3 may be the original and have the polish but MPE has it`s own charm.

to those who have not yet played MD3... what are you waiting for! awesome title! you`ll be addicted.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I would love to get a copy of MPE, as I enjoy it, but I also love MD3. They are similar, but different enough I wouldn't mind having them both. Although, comparing the Magical Drop games, if you can find MD3, I wouldn't really bother with MD2. Seems they polished it quite a bit and have made MD3 a much better game with a lot more modes than MD2.

Also, for those with the Unibios installed and MD3, definitely change it over to Japanese. All of the characters will have unique voices instead of the one generic voice in the US version. All you really need to know in Japanese, the menu is (from top to bottom), Puzzle (1P only), Versus (1P or 2P), and Story (Board game like) mode (I can't remember, not really a fan of this one).

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I'm a junkie for MPE. It's the perfect blend of thinking, speed and strategy. I can toss in one quarter, play for 15 minutes and walk away satisfied. Exactly what I want in an arcade game.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I liked it until I figured out the game was tricking me into doing math.

jk.
great game.
I do put the Magical Drop series higher than mpe
but it's still a blast to play.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
I failed math in elementary school (long division, lol) but I love this game!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'll have to disagree with everyone that has given the edge to MD3 because MPE makes you think and do math on the fly. MD3 if a fun puzzler, but I'll play MPE more often than not when I want that style of game. There's just more to it. My wife even likes it alright (at least more than most NG games).

Last edited:

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I kind of prefer MPE actually. I like the added strategy and I think it looks a bit better. I love all the animations during the demo screens.

yatzr

New Challenger
I prefer MPE cause I'm too slow at MD3. Everybody I've played with prefers MD3 though.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I love MPE and it's a shame it doesn't get as much love as it deserves. I would say MD3 is more accessible than MPE, but, overall I much prefer playing MPE to MD3 and think it's a more challenging game.

So, MPE ftw! :D

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I highly enjoy MPE,even though i am terrible at math.Still i don't compare it to MP3 while there kind of similar they don't play exactly alike.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Anyone who picks MPE over MD3 doesn't know how to play MD3 correctly. There are a few high-skill MD3 players on this forum, and I promise you if you saw it played correctly you'd be really hard pressed to pick MPE over it any day of the week ;) The amount of fast thinking and ability to move and adjust on the fly to create enormous combos in MD3 cannot be replicated by MPE's slower pace and more thinking-man's game. MPE is good, but MD3 is great. :D

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The best player of MD3 is the Black Pierrot, who eats so called "high skill players" for breakfast. XD

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The best player of MD3 is the Black Pierrot, who eats so called "high skill players" for breakfast. XD

LOL, he's a push over. I seriously have never had a problem with him... Nor, do I bet, does Bobak.

PS: Black Pierrot's strategy is a poor one over all to win at vs play. It's better to do multiple small chains that quickly drive your opponents screen down (or push them with the special attacks) than it is to bury with a heavy chain. The bigger chains are great for points, but if you want to kill someone quick in MD3 vs play, do several smaller 3 and 4 linked chains and keep moving.

Last edited: