Metal Slug Tactics announced.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Hi it's November now? It must have gotten canned...i have an oled switch now...mario wonder is too short. Some of the effects are spot on and we'll enjoyed much better than taking the risk😄

deez_nutz

moest promoenent moember of chat
15 Year Member
Hi it's November now? It must have gotten canned...i have an oled switch now...mario wonder is too short. Some of the effects are spot on and we'll enjoyed much better than taking the risk😄
Oh

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Well ok then.

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
For anyone curious, they actually did respond to a random twitter user asking about the game saying they're still working on it and it will be out when it is ready. No further date given, but I'd say pretty obvious at this point it won't be 2023.

Really glad it’s still cooking. I’m ok with a late game so long as it’s good.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Surprised it's taking as long as it is for the kind of game that it is, but that's fine. Plenty of great games to keep us busy in the meantime. Just glad it's still in progress.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'm seeing a lot of misplaced trust in whoever the hell Leikir Studio is. It's probably delayed or soon to be canceled because it sucks.

clithy

Chat rnoderator
20 Year Member
I'm seeing a lot of misplaced trust in whoever the hell Leikir Studio is. It's probably delayed or soon to be canceled because it sucks.

They're the dev. I mean, it could definitely still never materialize but it isn't like I chose some random Twitter gossip to say it's still coming.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
They're the dev. I mean, it could definitely still never materialize but it isn't like I chose some random Twitter gossip to say it's still coming.
Yes, I know they're the dev. I looked them up. What have they made that's worth a damn?

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member

Fygee

20 Year Member
Well alrighty then! Let's see if they can stick to this release time.

Average Joe

Calmer than you are.
20 Year Member
Yeah, that actually kind of works and I'm not mad at it.

Unfortunately, I am absolutely terrible at those kinds of games and don't play them much for that reason.

clithy

Chat rnoderator
20 Year Member
I will be an unabashed dork for this game. I was still searching for updates on this game every week.

I tried the Advance Wars remake on Switch, but I realized I'd already played those and I could play them on my SNES Classic if I really wanted to play them again. I tried Triangle Strategy and the combat was fine early on in the game, but there was just...way...too...much... story, it took forever to get between the action. I don't need that, I just want arcade style quick turn based strategy and this looks like it will be the thing, helpfully wrapped up in an IP that I already love.

While there isn't tons shown, there is lots more on screen when comparing to the initial trailer. Player UI stuff now filling the corners up, movement/targeting squares on the map, the screen looks more filled out with enemies looks like an actual scenario while the first trailer was more 1v1 almost tech demo and even a split second of a boss is shown. Is Fall 2024 realistic? I dunno, it has already been a three years at this point. I see they added releases for PS4/5 and Xbox One/S/X.

If it comes out eventually I'll buy it. Hell, I'll buy a Switch 2 just for it if it doesn't come out until 2026 or something.

clithy

Chat rnoderator
20 Year Member
Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member

Finally i thought maybe metal slug tactics was gonna be vaporware but as with any indie video game it can take a few years or more before a release happens.

clithy

Chat rnoderator
20 Year Member
It seems promising. A bit more loadout type setup since you're only dealing with a few 'units' (in the form of Marco/Eri/Fio) as opposed to having unit production like Advance Wars. You can revive a soldier if they're killed, but as they come back with half HP, sometimes it is a losing effort.

There is a shop with a couple things locked out for the demo. There are various upgrades for each solder that boost one stat or another.

There is one area unlocked with several missions playable and it gets very challenging after just a couple basic intro type setups. I still like the art direction (although the title screen is a little rough), nods to the games in terms of idle soldiers and more, the Sync system is pretty intuitive and and enjoyable tactics-wise.

There is a lot I still don't quite understand how it helps (Adrenaline? etc.). I got to use the Slug once, rescue a hostage, and so on. I'll put some more time in it later.