Magpul Prototype folding glock - for the gun fanatics

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
I like how he suggests it's good for self-defense while going on a walk. Where do they assume the viewer lives? Baghdad?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
that's one of the sweetest things i've ever seen.

but complete overkill for anyone to own in america.

they need to make a glock handgun that folds out from a PSP. :tickled:

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Pretty cool. He did machine gun, so I wonder if it is based off G18 or the like. Is it full auto once engaged?
The Masada is pretty badass as well.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
every american should own one.
this is just spec? whens it out?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
We already saw this firearm in the last gun thread.

Nice try though.

It's full auto and an SBR (short barreled rifle) - the public will never see it, nor be able to legally own it due to Federal Law.

Still awesome though and i'd love to be able to own one (legally) if it was at all possible.

I'm curious though if the weapon would be considered a concealed weapon when you had it in the flashlight form.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2462036&postcount=64

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Talen said:
I like how he suggests it's good for self-defense while going on a walk. Where do they assume the viewer lives? Baghdad?

Guess you haven't noticed some of the robbery and rape stats in some of our fine inner cities or run down burbs.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hot damn I'd like to own this gun... legal or not.

I like it when he says, "Gets nasty? Get down to business". :lolz:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
assuming you could get it somehow

ki_atsushi said:
Hot damn I'd like to own this gun... legal or not.

lol have fun in jail...but yeah...what a fun gun that would be.

Anyone know about the legality of owning body armor?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
lol have fun in jail...but yeah...what a fun gun that would be.

Anyone know about the legality of owning body armor?

Body armor isn't legal either, which is stupid. We should all be wearing flak jackets in da hood.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Now if they only integrate an MP-5 into a laptop.. :)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
Body armor isn't legal either, which is stupid. We should all be wearing flak jackets in da hood.

Blargh.

I'm still trying to find the federal laws on this (anyone know where to look?), then i'll look at state law.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
dullbuoy said:
i'm not a gun fanatic/owner, but i do find this thing very cool
"fits in your back pocket"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s

HOLY SHIT! Me thinks, me likes, what me sees. If that sees production I'm buying one, just to have it.

Talen said:

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere (and even then who knows?), most cities today aren't exactly Disney Land. Sure I doubt anyone would want to walk around at 2:30AM just to go for a walk in ANY neighborhood, but still. People are fucking stupid in today's world and more to the point in Today's America. And the violence more often than not directed at people from all backgrounds will not be with a gun. You'll run into ppl that will try to run you over, just to do it. Ppl throwing things at you from a moving car. People who will get out of a car four or five strong with every intention of beating the crap out of you... again "just for fun". Then there's of course the lost youth out there who are packing heat and will shoot you just because they've got a saturday night special. I'd like to see the looks on their faces when you go all "Ghost In The Shell" on their ass, transforming a black case into an SMG and blast them into Hell.

:lolz:

Lagduf said:
It's full auto and an SBR (short barreled rifle) - the public will never see it, nor be able to legally own it due to Federal Law.

Still awesome though and i'd love to be able to own one (legally) if it was at all possible.

I'm curious though if the weapon would be considered a concealed weapon when you had it in the flashlight form.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2462036&postcount=64

#1> SBR? How's that, it's a freggin GLOCK with pistol ammunition. The only thing that makes it illegal is the fully automatic aspect of the weapon. If some of these were produced in semi-auto only, it be legal. Civilian AR-15s of the CAR-15 and M4 Carbine variants are rifle caliber .223/5.56mm "assault rifles" with a telescoping butt that would be the equivalent of that fully transformed SMG. Then if we look at it from that standpoint, take into account that there are perfectly legal semi-auto only Thompson .45 SMGs available through Auto Ordnance. KEL-TEC also has a series of folding rifles and pistols firiing rifle ammo, and all are legal to own as long as it's "Semi-Auto". Of course any of these weapons could have the "Auto Burst" thingy attatched to the trigger guard, and Presto! Perfectly legal automatic gunfire. Not illegal if no internal modifications are done to the firearm. It's bumpfiring style automatic fire, but still three to six rounds at once ain't half bad.

#2> Your questioning of the "concealed weapon" part is probably where people would run into problems of legality moreso than any SBR stature. But if one so lived in a state where a CCW or CHL is procurable. Again, problem solved.

ki_atsushi said:

I want to see where this is stated as fact. Seriously. As far as I've seen just about anyone with the cash can order online or walk into a gunstore & police specialty and/or "Public Safety" vendor and plunk down the ca$h money for bullet proof vests from Level 1 up to Level 3 status. ---Now if you mean, buying the full SWAT type stuff with armor plating, groin protection kevlar molds, and what not, then I dunno. Probably you'd be questioned for why you want it. Then again as a Level 3 SEO, I take for granted that I can buy body armor by simply flashing my State ceritified SEO "commission" card, as part of a neccessary equipment per anti-occupational hazards.

MERCENARY X99

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
Blargh.

I'm still trying to find the federal laws on this (anyone know where to look?), then i'll look at state law.

I think it varies state by state. California's pretty strict, but I'm sure there's some states out there that don't care as much.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
I think it varies state by state. California's pretty strict, but I'm sure there's some states out there that don't care as much.

Yep, when it comes to firearms... California ain't just strict, they're freckin' retarded. I feel bad for legally abiding citizens in that state, who can't own 90% of what's on the market legally. Of course it doesn't stop Johnny Machinegun and Jane Blaze "holdin' down teh barrios" from procure & carry.

:oh_no:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Mercenary X99 said:
#1> SBR? How's that, it's a freggin GLOCK with pistol ammunition. The only thing that makes it illegal is the fully automatic aspect of the weapon. If some of these were produced in semi-auto only, it be legal. Civilian AR-15s of the CAR-15 and M4 Carbine variants are rifle caliber .223/5.56mm "assault rifles" with a telescoping butt that would be the equivalent of that fully transformed SMG. Then if we look at it from that standpoint, take into account that there are perfectly legal semi-auto only Thompson .45 SMGs available through Auto Ordnance. KEL-TEC also has a series of folding rifles and pistols firiing rifle ammo, and all are legal to own as long as it's "Semi-Auto". Of course any of these weapons could have the "Auto Burst" thingy attatched to the trigger guard, and Presto! Perfectly legal automatic gunfire. Not illegal if no internal modifications are done to the firearm. It's bumpfiring style automatic fire, but still three to six rounds at once ain't half bad.

The weapon a) has a stock and b) is intended to be fired from the shoulder therefore making it a rifle. This is my understanding of the legal definition of a rifle. I have my Federal Firearm regulations in my hand right now. I'm just not quite sure how to reference a law.

If because of these two things the weapon is then a Rifle under federal law then i'm pretty damn sure that magpul gun isn't over 24" in length with at least a 16" barrel therefore making a short barreled rifle.

Furthermore a handgun is defined as a weapon designed to primarily be fired and held with one hand.

Now, if they got rid of the stock - then yeah it would be a handgun.

Yes, from the research i've done it appears that the law is that stupid and that attaching a stock to a hangun is in fact illegal because it makes it an SBR...

See here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080211142210AAoPupD

Even rifles with folding stocks or telescopic stocks still have to meet length requirements.

#2> Your questioning of the "concealed weapon" part is probably where people would run into problems of legality moreso than any SBR stature. But if one so lived in a state where a CCW or CHL is procurable. Again, problem solved.

True, I don't think that would be a problem to owning/carrying the firearm (if it was possible to do so) as most states allow for a CCW but I just thought it was an interesting question from a legal standpoint.

I want to see where this is stated as fact. Seriously. As far as I've seen just about anyone with the cash can order online or walk into a gunstore & police specialty and/or "Public Safety" vendor and plunk down the ca$h money for bullet proof vests from Level 1 up to Level 3 status. ---Now if you mean, buying the full SWAT type stuff with armor plating, groin protection kevlar molds, and what not, then I dunno. Probably you'd be questioned for why you want it. Then again as a Level 3 SEO, I take for granted that I can buy body armor by simply flashing my State ceritified SEO "commission" card, as part of a neccessary equipment per anti-occupational hazards.

MERCENARY X99

I don't really have a desire to own any sort of body armor, but i'm curious about it and I think you are right but i'd like to see it in print. So far what i've found seems to indicate that generally it is illegal to own or wear body armor if you are a convicted felon and that most states have laws on the books that make it illegal to wear body armor while you are committing a crime.

Last edited:

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Abasuto said:
Guess you haven't noticed some of the robbery and rape stats in some of our fine inner cities or run down burbs.

I'm not naive, but you are pretty delusional if you are trying to justify carrying a fully-automatic weapon to protect yourself in an urban settng.

Last edited:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
The weapon a) has a stock and b) is intended to be fired from the shoulder therefore making it a rifle. This is my understanding of the legal definition of a rifle. I have my Federal Firearm regulations in my hand right now. I'm just not quite sure how to reference a law.

If because of these two things the weapon is then a Rifle under federal law then i'm pretty damn sure that magpul gun isn't over 24" in length with at least a 16" barrel therefore making a short barreled rifle.

Furthermore a handgun is defined as a weapon designed to primarily be fired and held with one hand.

Now, if they got rid of the stock - then yeah it would be a handgun.

Yes, from the research i've done it appears that the law is that stupid and that attaching a stock to a hangun is in fact illegal because it makes it an SBR...

See here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080211142210AAoPupD

Well shit on a stick and call it ICE CREAM! :eek:

I stand corrected Duf. First time I've seen anything that retarded in quite awhile. I see what it's getting at, but no one seems to have a problem with the Broomhandle Mauser + buttstock. Then again that probably falls under the Curio & Relic stature... and finding the buttstock for the C96 is a bitch to find these days. The whole SBR thing is stupid. I mean for cryin' out loud, it's a modular pistol within the capacity of an SMG... take away the automatic fire and it's a modular pistol carbine. I love how a simple term can suddenly make a weapon like that illegal. Well at least I could own one in semi-auto only. But that sucks for everyone else.

Well thanks for the heads up. Hate to get pinched for something stupid.

PS

The ppl who would wear body armor to commit a crime, wouldn't give a rats ass anyhow that it's "illegal". But I know you know that. I believe everyone should have at least one Class A (LV 1) bullet proof vest capable of stopping most pistol ammunition in their home. But that's just me.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Mercenary X99 said:
Well shit on a stick and call it ICE CREAM! :eek:

I stand corrected Duf. First time I've seen anything that retarded in quite awhile. I see what it's getting at, but no one seems to have a problem with the Broomhandle Mauser + buttstock. Then again that probably falls under the Curio & Relic stature... and finding the buttstock for the C96 is a bitch to find these days. The whole SBR thing is stupid. I mean for cryin' out loud, it's a modular pistol within the capacity of an SMG... take away the automatic fire and it's a modular pistol carbine. I love how a simple term can suddenly make a weapon like that illegal. Well at least I could own one in semi-auto only. But that sucks for everyone else.

Well thanks for the heads up. Hate to get pinched for something stupid.

PS

The ppl who would wear body armor to commit a crime, wouldn't give a rats ass anyhow that it's "illegal". But I know you know that. I believe everyone should have at least one Class A (LV 1) bullet proof vest capable of stopping most pistol ammunition in their home. But that's just me.

Yeah, the old shit is grandfathered in like the Mauser stuff, and probably anything made prior to 1968 (due to the Gun Control Act of 1968 - not 100% sure about this one but thats where I get the definition of Rifle and Handgun from in the opening section of my Federal Firearms Regulation Reference Guide)

The definition between handgun and rifle is sometimes so grey that yeah, I agree Merc, it's retarded. Why the hell can't I put a stock on my damned single action revolver like Lee Van Cleef's character in For A Few Dollars More. I was pretty dissapointed when I found out about the whole SBR issue that I couldn't get a setup like Cleef's character (yes, sometimes I desire to play cowboy at the range - safely of course).

Gov't wont let us have any fun :smirk: :

Yeah, of course the criminals don't care that they're comitting a crime. Not sure what the rationale is for making it "extra illegal" to commit a crime while wearing body armor. I guess it just came about after the few high profile cases where law enforcement encountered insane criminals packing mega heat and full on body armor. I think the thinking is that people wearing body armor in the commission of a crime are more likely to be committing more serious offenses?

I was thinking if I ever owned body armor, maybe get some Type II (the kind that is supposed to stop 9mm + .357 mag) though i'm not sure how big of a vest this would be.

Do you know what the most common arms are being used by american criminals these days? Is it still 12 gauge shotguns and junk pistols in 9mm or .25?

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Talen said:
I'm not naive, but you are pretty delusional if you are trying to justify carrying a fully-automatic weapon to protect yourself in an urban settng.

I agree. This thing is total overkill for the average citizen.

It's hard for me to believe that we're still using guns based on bullets. Minus the rate of fire, weight, accuracy..etc, modern guns aren't any different than the originals. Old technology.

As a little kid I'd of swore we'd of had plasma rifles by now.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
I was thinking if I ever owned body armor, maybe get some Type II (the kind that is supposed to stop 9mm + .357 mag) though i'm not sure how big of a vest this would be.

Do you know what the most common arms are being used by american criminals these days? Is it still 12 gauge shotguns and junk pistols in 9mm or .25?

#1> Yeah that's right, I keep saying LV 1 body armor, but it's actually LV 2 body armor that stops most pistol ammo. I have one personally that I use for my job as a Commissioned Security Enforcement Officer [SEO], but I got if off a Constable I used to work with, and it's a LV 2 type that is made to be worn OVER a uniform and/or Tactical "Raid" uniform. It's shit for wearing underneath the standard Class A uniform. That DragonSkin type is what I want, but that'll set you back about $1,000 bucks easily, but it's form fitting and can be worn under the shirt. I had an incident last week (last Tuesday to be exact) where I stopped (2) individuals from breaking into a woman's car, and the two would be thieves in this supermarket parking lot jumped into a Suburban, drove up on me and stared me down making threats. I dismissed them and told 'em to leave... they decided to pull around and make a play.

I waited for the last possible second from the passenger, and sure enough... the bastid had a cell phone in his hand pointing it at me. Thus I never drew my M1911 on them. I would've been within the legal right to have drawn the weapon for their criminal activity and intent, and ordered them out the vehicle, but I stick by my BSG (Brown Shoe Grunt) upbringing that taught, Be sure, when sure, clear holster and discharge weapon immediately. But these guys weren't done. They told me "it ain't over" and I realized things weren't going to be normal, so I walked out to my car and put on that LV 2 vest, then my winter duty coat (it was cold outside last week). Could barely move from the waist up but I wasn't taking any chances. They did come back, but it was all bullshit. It's times like this when I feel everyone should have that extra protection. But in my case I'd have rather had a form fitting type. ***As for "criminals" with body armor, yeah man... it was that Los Angeles bank robbery that more or less got the laws changed.

#2> As for what dirt bags on the street mainly carry these days? In truth it varies greatly, but I along with all my LEO buddies on SAPD are damn glad that they don't run around with 12gauge shotguns. For whatever reason, most gang banger types and wreckless youth don't bother with shotguns, which would make hell for Security & Police types. The main weapons I see on the street are .9mm pistols of various makes and models, shitty revolvers of .38 and .357 calibers, and the occassional .40 and .45 calibers, usually of the GLOCK make on the last part. However, some of the more violent types are running around with AK-74SUs and MAC-10s, and I was there on the East Side (here in SATX) the night a raid was made on the housing project I worked and saw at least 4 Uzis, 10 AR-15s and five AK clones being seized. So the gang banger types do have access to more than just pistols, but it's rare to see them in large use.

MERCENARY X99