MadWorld Wii

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm sold on the game, and will be picking it up as soon as I can.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I was sold on it the first two minutes I played it at Comic Con. I thought the black and white art style would be too confusing, but thankfully I was dead wrong.

It's a hell of a lot of fun to play, they don't shove the Wiimote on you like other games do, but you do wave it for special actions and finishing moves.

I'll pick it up soon.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I've had it preordered for a while now. Probably the Wii game I'm looking most forward to all year.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
I wonder if this game will give you the same eye burning effects that playing any game on Virtual Boy too long would give you.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
This game is looking fantastic and I'm glad to see it scored so well. I'll definitely have to make this my next Wii purchase.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Thank god, I finally have a reason to play my Wii again.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I have a feeling it will be another good time like No More Heroes, but I've been splurging on way too many games lately and will likely wait for the inevitable price drop.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
The game looks like an interactive Aiden Hughes concept. I love it.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
If I wasn't saving up for a new computer, I'd buy a Wii for this, No More Heroes, and the odd other game here and there.

But mostly for this. :)

SSS

neo retired
I found it at walmart tonight of all places, wasn't even looking for it. :tickled:

Edit: This game is nuts. Controls are pretty easy:

Z jumps
C locks on enemy
Nunchuck analog for movement
Nunchuck swing for backflip dodge (only defensive maneuver?)

A for punches, b for chainsaw.

Swinging remote with no chainsaw= uppercuts, and back fist
Swinging remote with chainsaw = vertical/horizontal slices.

Hold A to grab opponent and then shake remote to throw.

They're are varying finishing movements.

I played through the first "level", first combo kill in the tutorial has you stuffing a tire around an enemy, driving a sign post through their head, then sticking them to a spike wall. First bloodbath challenged involves throwing as many baddies into a jet turbine in a set amount of time.

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
This game and HOTD Overkill really make me regret selling my Wii back in January.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I found it at walmart tonight of all places, wasn't even looking for it. :tickled:

Edit: This game is nuts. Controls are pretty easy:

Z jumps
C locks on enemy
Nunchuck analog for movement
Nunchuck swing for backflip dodge (only defensive maneuver?)

A for punches, b for chainsaw.

Swinging remote with no chainsaw= uppercuts, and back fist
Swinging remote with chainsaw = vertical/horizontal slices.

Hold A to grab opponent and then shake remote to throw.

They're are varying finishing movements.

I played through the first "level", first combo kill in the tutorial has you stuffing a tire around an enemy, driving a sign post through their head, then sticking them to a spike wall. First bloodbath challenged involves throwing as many baddies into a jet turbine in a set amount of time.

I'm sold. :multi_co:

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
Just got done getting this to work and yep, 480i. No progscan. Lame, but the game is still pretty cool.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Graphics are still better than just about anything else on Wii.

Controls work great.

Game is INSANELY violent.

Running commentary is great.

Holy shit, it's worth having a Wii again, I think I need to fondle Sega's nuts for a while.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Just because I don't want to start a new thread...

Was Pikmin and Mario Tennis supposed to be out yesterday on Wii? I dropped by the KMart next to my work and they had a shelf tag for it but no visible copies, and since KMart has like 2 people working 20 departments I didn't bother finding anyone to ask. But it sort of surprised me that they would be sold out already unless it was a small release.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Just because I don't want to start a new thread...

Was Pikmin and Mario Tennis supposed to be out yesterday on Wii? I dropped by the KMart next to my work and they had a shelf tag for it but no visible copies, and since KMart has like 2 people working 20 departments I didn't bother finding anyone to ask. But it sort of surprised me that they would be sold out already unless it was a small release.

Some places had Mario Tennis and Pikmin on Tuesday, I know that most GameStops did.

The review I read for Mario Tennis didn't sound that great but I was never a fan of the Gamecube version. I loved Pikmin though and have played through both the Japan and USA versions. I am still thinking about picking up Pikmin, I just wish I hadn't played it yet.

As for MadWorld, I should have my rental tomorrow and if I like it, I will buy it.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Some places had Mario Tennis and Pikmin on Tuesday, I know that most GameStops did.

The review I read for Mario Tennis didn't sound that great but I was never a fan of the Gamecube version. I loved Pikmin though and have played through both the Japan and USA versions. I am still thinking about picking up Pikmin, I just wish I hadn't played it yet.

As for MadWorld, I should have my rental tomorrow and if I like it, I will buy it.

Yeah I was mostly just looking for Pikmin, love that game and think it is the perfect genre for the point and click Wiimote. But mentioned both since I knew their release dates were the same and they both were out of stock.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Yeah I was mostly just looking for Pikmin, love that game and think it is the perfect genre for the point and click Wiimote. But mentioned both since I knew their release dates were the same and they both were out of stock.

I have read some good reviews for Pikmin and the new controls should really fit this game well. You will probably have better luck loooking for it today but I would imagine that all Gamestops, Bestbuy and maybe even Target stores should have it in.

I am going to pick up the new Marble Saga Kororinpa game for the Wii today, so maybe I will grab Pikmin as well.