KoF XIII Port this Winter

aclbandit

Another Striker
Pre-order placed. I'm almost as excited for the soundtrack as I am the game... :P

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Cyberfanatix posted a nice translation of the latest blog updates regarding the new backgrounds.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Wow, I'm really late to the party.
Those are cool looking backgrounds.
I appreciate all the ff based ones.
Billy, Southtown, and Pao Pao cafe.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
It's all because they finally realize what we all knew already.

Fatal Fury is the best IP SNK ever made.

Best roster, most enduring and timeless concepts that still hold up today.

Last edited:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
There is the option for Japanese language this time right?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
And check out American sports team in the background hahah....glad they haven't forgotten about them.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I hope I come across an Arcadia mook for this, just for old time's sake.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
iPhone version was updated with Mr. Karate's stage (plus 6 existing characters and few modes):

wwwdotuporg1999248.jpg

(Pic originally uploaded by: Evil_Yagami)

Is that Shiki?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
For those of us that don't speak/read French; please elaborate.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I think those five will be DLC (as far as I can understand that ridiculous language)

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

Well, people were expecting characters who were "never before seen in any kof" and now we find out they are all EX versions of characters they already have.

So...yeah, it's pretty underwhelming but I think I'll still pre order this one. Billy Kane and classic Iori are pretty cool.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Fair enough. I'm hoping that the door to new charas not yet seen, will remain propped open by DLC.

I hate the nickel & dime shit; however, I would be lying like a rug if I said I wouldn't buy Oswald or a boxer (Franco/Rick/Vannesa) if offered.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Well, people were expecting characters who were "never before seen in any kof"
Would have been nice, but I'd also have been happier with at least getting a few more characters who have become semi-regulars like Vanessa over more Iori and Kyo crap. In fact, when I think of the idea of there not being any more KOF games, the one semi-positive note is that at least it would mean no more Kyo and Iori.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Kyo and iori are like the poor man's ryu and ken. They will always be there. No more ash? Now that's awesome.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
There are various non-KoF character cameos in the mobile version: Haohmaru in 96' Japan Stage, Shiki in the stage above and I think some guys from Last Blade in the castle ruins stage, I think its Kagami and some other guys.
They're probably in the home version too, nice shoutout.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The non-KOF cameos are in the arcade version too. I spotted Cham Cham in the Brazil stage and Galford in the USA stage. Some say it's because of Saiki's time-control fuck up's or something.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Kyo and iori are like the poor man's ryu and ken. They will always be there. No more ash? Now that's awesome.
Ash shits all over Kyo and Iori.

Some say it's because of Saiki's time-control fuck up's or something.
Some people need to relax and not worry about the reason for harmless cameos. You'd think after the Savage Reign characters appearing in XI, people would stop feeling the need to try and make sense of it all.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member

that link he posted is saying that they become available after you fulfill certain requirements like beating the game with a certain team.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
that link he posted is saying that they become available after you fulfill certain requirements like beating the game with a certain team.

The thing I like about this is they are unlockable, as opposed to DLC. Hope springs eternal for some of the folks listed earlier in this thread to be patched in @ some point, & made DLC.

I mean, I don't much like DLC; however-the idea that the door to character updates isn't shut= 8^).