KoF XIII Port this Winter

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
Okay I'm pretty sure I have the KYO stage already as well. Is it just restricted to offline or something?

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
You mean restricted to online? I think so.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
DAT. GORO.

Some amazing skills with Kim as well. Motherfucker cancels 3 specials in a row without any drive meter?!

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Is it just this level? Cause I swear I've had it before the purchase.
2hz332g.jpg
That background is simply beautiful!

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
DAT. GORO.

Some amazing skills with Kim as well. Motherfucker cancels 3 specials in a row without any drive meter?!

lol did you get this link from that argument on my facebook page LOL? My homeboy is a SSF4 fanboy and is angry that nobody in our crew will play with him hahaha.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
lol did you get this link from that argument on my facebook page LOL? My homeboy is a SSF4 fanboy and is angry that nobody in our crew will play with him hahaha.

What a weird reversal of fortune.

And awesome. It's happening in my circle, too.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
What a weird reversal of fortune.

And awesome. It's happening in my circle, too.

I guess it is weird especially in America. The Street Fighter IV series never caught on with my crew and as a matter of fact most of us downright hate the series. In our main crew only like 2 guys really play SFIV and they are quite good at the game and they are bitter as hell that everybody hates the game and never wants to come to their sessions. On one of my friend's facebook page and on my page we had a huge nasty argument because we were talking about how good Xian from Singapore is in KOF and my buddy brings up that Xian has a good Gen in SSFIV and another one of my friends says "Fuck SSFIV" and it got ugly from there LOL.

There are more Virtua Fighter players in my crew than Street Fighter IV players if you can believe that hahaha. I love my friends but they really don't understand how much the guys in our crew hate that series. The thing is in our crew it's not even a SNK vs Capcom rivalry, it's actually just a "we all hate the SFIV series" thing because since the mid 2000's to today we all played lots of Third Strike and those same 2 guys didn't want any part of that game and they swear up and down that 3rd strike is not as good as SFIV.

I'll say it over and over again: KOF XIII is what Street Fighter IV should have been. If this game keeps picking up steam there could be a lot of Capcom/SNK role reversals in America. My friend who I got into an argument with about this game is even a KOF XIII player and I'm sure lots of other SFIV fanboys will be brought to the SNK darkside soon enough.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I am tempted to get the fanta stick, just wish Mai was on it too.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

Nope, on SRK of all places. That place is doing a pretty good job of hyping up the game ever since it came out.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
SRK annoy me, I was a member there for as long as I had been here and because I never posted for a few months this year, they deleted my account and when I contacted them, no reply, so they can go fuck themselves.

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
This game is also doing great in my circle. We all bought it and are playing heavily. Before this, we played Mortal Kombat 9 heavily.

Really these are the only 2 fighters we are bothering with right now. I gave up on SFIV due to the BORING roster.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
the more i play this game the more i like it. i would love to have some friends to play it locally, since online feels frustrating. might check the arcade tomorrow to some local versus. i need to test my Takuma.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Nope, on SRK of all places. That place is doing a pretty good job of hyping up the game ever since it came out.

Well I'll be damned. SRK is just to place to get this game to the sheep mentality masses of the 2d fighting game world.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Well I'll be damned. SRK is just to place to get this game to the sheep mentality masses of the 2d fighting game world.

What's it like, over there (SRK)? Is SNK(P) love few & far between before XIII?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
What's it like, over there (SRK)?
It makes this place look like a bunch of polite chaps sitting around sipping tea and watching Masterpiece Theater.

SRK is like every shit-talking 12-year-old kid you've ever encountered on Xbox Live all congregated in one place.

But to be fair, it's a good place for gameplay information. Maybe the best place.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
SRK is one of KOF XIIIs biggest cheerleaders on the internet right now. Lots of hype and enthusiasm...don't see a lot of shit talking tbh.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
SRK is one of KOF XIIIs biggest cheerleaders on the internet right now. Lots of hype and enthusiasm...don't see a lot of shit talking tbh.
I haven't been over there since about mid-2005 so I guess they could have changed or had a major turnover or something since then.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I guess it is weird especially in America. The Street Fighter IV series never caught on with my crew and as a matter of fact most of us downright hate the series. In our main crew only like 2 guys really play SFIV and they are quite good at the game and they are bitter as hell that everybody hates the game and never wants to come to their sessions. On one of my friend's facebook page and on my page we had a huge nasty argument because we were talking about how good Xian from Singapore is in KOF and my buddy brings up that Xian has a good Gen in SSFIV and another one of my friends says "Fuck SSFIV" and it got ugly from there LOL.

There are more Virtua Fighter players in my crew than Street Fighter IV players if you can believe that hahaha. I love my friends but they really don't understand how much the guys in our crew hate that series. The thing is in our crew it's not even a SNK vs Capcom rivalry, it's actually just a "we all hate the SFIV series" thing because since the mid 2000's to today we all played lots of Third Strike and those same 2 guys didn't want any part of that game and they swear up and down that 3rd strike is not as good as SFIV.

I'll say it over and over again: KOF XIII is what Street Fighter IV should have been. If this game keeps picking up steam there could be a lot of Capcom/SNK role reversals in America. My friend who I got into an argument with about this game is even a KOF XIII player and I'm sure lots of other SFIV fanboys will be brought to the SNK darkside soon enough.

If we can get back the people that were in the fighting game scene back in the late 90's early 00's then I would be happy. I don't know about you, but I saw a steady drop in legit hardcore players once SFIV in into being. It had a real polarizing effect on the fighting game industry. While it brought in many new players cause of the easier to learn controls, it pissed off a lot of the players who wanted the mental game back in fighting games. If this ends up being Playmore's swan song (though I will be pissed if it is) I just hope it serves up notice to what the other side of fighting game players were looking for all along.

If Capcom wants to make the EO SFIV games from now on I'm cool as long as we can get a legit game from them that caters to the hardcore side of the fighting game community (Darkstalkers?).

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
If we can get back the people that were in the fighting game scene back in the late 90's early 00's then I would be happy. I don't know about you, but I saw a steady drop in legit hardcore players once SFIV in into being. It had a real polarizing effect on the fighting game industry. While it brought in many new players cause of the easier to learn controls, it pissed off a lot of the players who wanted the mental game back in fighting games. If this ends up being Playmore's swan song (though I will be pissed if it is) I just hope it serves up notice to what the other side of fighting game players were looking for all along.

If Capcom wants to make the EO SFIV games from now on I'm cool as long as we can get a legit game from them that caters to the hardcore side of the fighting game community (Darkstalkers?).
I don't know about a drop in hardcore people but I know lots of players were mad that the mental level wasn't the same. I felt that the hardcore community didn't complain enough about this series and they kinda just went a long with it only making small grumblings here and there.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
If we can get back the people that were in the fighting game scene back in the late 90's early 00's then I would be happy.
All 5 of them? Sounds like a tall order. You should be wishing for a return of the crowds of the early to mid-'90s, not the barren wasteland of the late-'90s and 2000s.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I haven't been over there since about mid-2005 so I guess they could have changed or had a major turnover or something since then.

With the birth of eventhubs.com which is like 99% capcom centered the fanboys/scrubs have found a new place to congregate and call their own.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I don't know about a drop in hardcore people but I know lots of players were mad that the mental level wasn't the same. I felt that the hardcore community didn't complain enough about this series and they kinda just went a long with it only making small grumblings here and there.

Probably because they understood what that game was and were just glad a fighting game could be successful in this day and age of modern middle east combat themed FPS games.

I'm extremely grateful for SF IV, even if I don't consider it 'my' game.

I know the gripes about it. I know why some old schoolers hate it. And I respect that.

But it resurrected a dead genre (EDIT: In the USA, the biggest game market in the world) and made it popular again. And it's not just any genre. It's a genre that, by its nature, power creeps towards a hardcore playbase. By its nature, fighting games become gradually niche over time.

SF IV found a way to be all things to all people, even if only for a little while. It woke up a sleeping giant and let major gaming markets know fighting games still matter.

I have no illusion about the game's flaws. I also have no illusion about the game's strengths. Some of those strengths are not gameplay related.

Last edited: