Junior Seau is dead.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Yeah, people confuse what helmets protect you from. They really can't blunt the impact of a 300 lb lineman with freakish speed running into your body and forcing your head in another direction. Kids put on pads and thing they're invincible/impervious, and when you put on shoulder pads you sort of do feel that way.

It's like people who buy Smart Cars because they think they're super safe... until they get hit by an SUV.

Same with boxing gloves; unlike the four oz gloves used in MMA, which are for no more that protecting the hands, boxing gloves actually have a more negative effect by allowing continued battery just short of rendering the other party unconscious. If I’m wearing four oz gloves and throw one down the pipe, sitting you on your ass in the process, that is much safer that subjecting a person to over a half an hour of repeated force which is nearly equal to the single aforementioned strike.

American football players are having to deal with exactly this kind of issue, in that their equipment - as you mentioned - could never properly protect them from being steamrolled over, and over, and over again, for years on end.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
cases have been popping up in wrestling and hockey as well. any kind of impact sport, or even sports entertainment. should helmets be worn in the squared circle? they don't help much in football. should sports like this be done away with? no not at all. really all i think can be done is inform people, players, and athletes, get regular brain scans in place, and have therapy readily available. there doesn't seem to be any drug treatment, maybe alzheimers meds. i know chris nowinski setup a whole institute for studying concussions and their effect on the brain, and set up the benoit foundation for even more research, but when talented and capable athletes are dying over something that could be prevented well research can only go so far.

There is a reason why chair shots to the head are now legitimately banned in wrestling. Hell, they don't even want people to put their hands up in case someone makes a mistake.

As for helmets, the newer ones just make things worse. They protect the outside of your head, but encourage players to hit even harder.
What happens is that your brain ends up slamming into your skull at an even higher rate. No Helmet can stop your brain from slamming into your skull.

They should go back to the old helmets that couldn't be used as a battering ram. Same as boxing, get rid of the gloves.

It's like people who buy Smart Cars because they think they're super safe... until they get hit by an SUV.
I'd say it is more like an SUV, which is safer until you roll it over.

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
i live near his place so decided to take a few pics for you guys.

imag0212rq.jpg

imag0213j.jpg

imag0214e.jpg

imag0215ovo.jpg

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Jesus, I didn't think it would be possible to be depressed while having an ocean view.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Looks like Oceanside. I love the drive from Buena Park to N County...hitting the woop-de-doos along the Ocean, as the Nuclear Tits fade in your rear view.

Man, this is so fucked.

I graduated in '93. From Serra High in San Diego. The '94 'bolts were *our* squad! SuperBowl! 8 of the heroes from that team, and even more from that heady era are gone too soon...

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager

Good. I'm not sure if the findings will do a thing in the grand scheme of it all, but the more dirty scans that show up, the better. The only business which I have no hope of ever becoming sane and treating its workers with any form of dignity and/or respect is pro' wrestling; after the shit that showed up on Benoit's brain scans, I'm convinced it would take some kind of outside force to make wrestling do right by its employees.