it's here and it looks soooo pretty

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Any idea about the region compatibility? Or if it is coming to the Western market?

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Any idea about the region compatibility? Or if it is coming to the Western market?

As far as I know it is for the Japanese system only at this time.

HOT DAMN!! I'm glad I didn't sell my Jap xbox360, this unit is looking to be the next Dreamcast/Saturn shooter funbox.

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
Regardless of how it looks, the game is not worth picking up unless you want class Gradius action. While Gradius is fun, I much prefer manic shmups.

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Saw this game in person last week when I was in Tokyo. Graphics are super crsip and game play is nice and smooth.

Sonic R

Overtop Pathfinder
Regardless of how it looks, the game is not worth picking up unless you want class Gradius action. While Gradius is fun, I much prefer manic shmups.

For fans of Gradius games, this game will offer enjoyment. For fellows who desire manic danmaku style of shooting game, Otomedius will disappoint.

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
That's what I said. Well, I see now I made a typo, but it's still what I said :P

Sonic R

Overtop Pathfinder
That's what I said. Well, I see now I made a typo, but it's still what I said :P

Ah yes, I guess we pretty much say the same thing but use a different words…:lolz:

OF NOTE for this game,
Be warned, EVERYTHING in this games menu are in japanese. If one is not familiar with how to read japanese or how to navigate through a japanese game, it may be frustrating to get this game running. My japanese is at kindergarten level so i had much trial and error to get things like my buttons set up on my stick and to get the screen adjusted for arcade mode.

Just some FYI…

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
Like me and Soinc R have mentioned, the game is very faithful to the classic Gradius formula. If you like Graddius, or perhaps slightly more accurately, Parodous, you will probably like this.

Yes, it's a good game for what it is.

Kiken

Camel Slug
For fans of Gradius games, this game will offer enjoyment. For fellows who desire manic danmaku style of shooting game, Otomedius will disappoint.

You didn't make it to loop 2 in Gorgeous Mode, did you? Cause the bullet count skyrockets along with the overall difficulty (suicide bullets all over the damned place).

Sonic R

Overtop Pathfinder
You didn't make it to loop 2 in Gorgeous Mode, did you? Cause the bullet count skyrockets along with the overall difficulty (suicide bullets all over the damned place).

I have finally legitimately made it to the second loop a few times with the red character ship.

The difficulty goes up by 10x as there are more enemies and yes, the suicide bullets are in abundance… indeed it is hectic. I got to stage 3 in loop two before I couldn't manage. Artful dodging got me through :glee:

But, I guess it still feels traditional even in loop 2 when compare to the latest Cave offering… :conf:

For Kiken,
did you enjoy Otomedius? I know you are a high level player as well as a member held in high esteem in the community. I am curious to how you honestly felt about this game (as well as TF VI). These games have got alot of negative criticism and I am wondrous if it is because they may be too "old school" or if they lack intricate score mechanics. Thank You for your time.

Kiken

Camel Slug
I have finally legitimately made it to the second loop a few times with the red character ship.

The difficulty goes up by 10x as there are more enemies and yes, the suicide bullets are in abundance… indeed it is hectic. I got to stage 3 in loop two before I couldn't manage. Artful dodging got me through :glee:

But, I guess it still feels traditional even in loop 2 when compare to the latest Cave offering… :conf:

Well, it's not danmaku, per se, but I think when people groan about the lack of difficulty, it's mainly to do with the first loop, as there is certainly no lack in the second.

For Kiken,
did you enjoy Otomedius? I know you are a high level player as well as a member held in high esteem in the community. I am curious to how you honestly felt about this game (as well as TF VI). These games have got alot of negative criticism and I am wondrous if it is because they may be too "old school" or if they lack intricate score mechanics. Thank You for your time.

I like Otomedius... it's no Gradius Gaiden or Gradius V, but I think it's a fair game. The game's biggest strengths are it's multiple ship selection (each one has a different Option ability) and the diversity of the weapon cards. There's a fair amount of customization as a result. What I don't really care for is that Gorgeous Mode forces 16x9 (I'm using an SD-TV) and that Original Mode feels incomplete.

That being said, I've played through with all 6 characters and have spent time purchasing all the weapon cards for the first 2 ships. I'm going to give the game a break for the time being, but I will return to it later.

As for TF6, it improves as you crank up the difficulty. Really, playing at Maniac is the way to go (it's the one mode that really rewards No Miss play). As for the scoring.. well, there's a really good system of checks-and-balances in play in TF6 that really come to bare when playing in Maniac. The biggest being that for every full Over Weapon slot you have at the end of a level, you get 100,000 pts per. That really starts to add up, especially when you consider that the game's score ceiling seems to be around 36 million. Since you start out with very little OW in Maniac, and the refill rate is very slow, it really forces you to intelligently use it. So I think the game does have a fair bit of substance, but only if you're willing to aggressively pursue high-scoring.

I also happen to appreciate the fact that we were given a selection of 3 ships to chose from.

Sonic R

Overtop Pathfinder
:D
Thank You Kiken, for your impressions!

I have found much enjoyment with Otomedius, of course its not the marvel that is Gaiden, but its a solid game none the less… I really have not spent too much time with arcade mode as I have been addicted to Gorgeous mode, but will put more time in there when I feel the need to expand my playing…

I guess it just pains me when many others are critical these days with the shooting games that come out that are not "manic" or are more "traditional"… there are few games these days and times, and it is actually refreshing to see other new games that are not Cave. No disrespect to Cave as I find enjoyment in their titles and look forward to finally play Death Smiles this spring as well as to have my own copy of Ketsui to devout time to it… With shooting games, we need some solidarity as this genre is very small and game titles are very few as it is…

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
I really like this game I have put in over 17 hours on it. I am having a bitch of a time getting the last achivement for all the weapons and illustration cards for one character.

The only way to get the illustration cards is by playing original mode. I already had all the weapon cards before I started original mode so I thought each play through would give me 1 of the 50 cards.... WRONG. The first 30 were easy but now 9 out of 10 times I just get a bonus card at the end of play. I have been stuck on 49 /50 cards for over an hour lol. I have done about 20 quick load up and die runs just trying to get this last card but Bonus card every time. I guess this is why its the only 200 point one.

I have only been playing Madoka so far. I love the whole upgrade system with all the weapon and speed option. It gives the game so much replay value. Its crazy looking at the leader board to see people on their 5th loop. When I finally made it through all 6 stages I was happy enough haha.

I can see myself still playing this on and off for years

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
I finally got the 50th illustration card :) It was a long 1000gs for this one

I want to go try some of the other chars now. Aoba Anoa will probably be my next one

Saturn2dfreak

Mickey's Coach
I quit playing this game after i invested 9 hours gametime after 3 days of owning it and grinding out original mode.It was so bad that i kept getting bonus cards after bonus cards, but i had nowhere near the GT that was needed to buy out the gallery and this was after at least 5 hours of grinding original mode. The last achievement was a bitch and i had to pry myself from this game just to ignore any further time for this mediocre game

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
I quit playing this game after i invested 9 hours gametime after 3 days of owning it and grinding out original mode.It was so bad that i kept getting bonus cards after bonus cards, but i had nowhere near the GT that was needed to buy out the gallery and this was after at least 5 hours of grinding original mode. The last achievement was a bitch and i had to pry myself from this game just to ignore any further time for this mediocre game

Do you mean Gorgeous mode? I didn't think you could buy weapons with the points from Original mode. I think that only gives you a random card after each playthrough and the points are only used there to unlock harder settings.

It took me about 12 hours of doing Gorgeous mode just focusing on Madoka to get all her stuff. What I did towards the end was just do the first 4 stages and die. I could do the first 4 without getting hit so I would get nice S rank bonus and it was fast.

I plan to try the Live mode soon even though I will get crushed it should be fun

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
My copy arrived one week after my 360 red-ringed...
So it's just sitting there, still in the plastic wrapping.
I really need to get my 360 fixed. I really want to play it.

Silky Johnson

Zero's Tailor
My copy arrived one week after my 360 red-ringed...
So it's just sitting there, still in the plastic wrapping.
I really need to get my 360 fixed. I really want to play it.

I too share the same pain... but mine shall be delivered on the 31th of this month so i'm happy anyway :drool:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Shit! I wanna play this game badly, Saturn! You need to bring that shit over here so we can play it on the proyector via VGA!

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser
This game would only appeal to old Gradius fans but in my opinion i love this game!:lol: