Is ‘A Mecca for retro gamers’ offensive to Muslims?

The tag line should be changed

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I have recently done cultural awareness training at work and my eyes have been opened.

I think the site’s tag line ‘A Mecca for retro gamers’ could be deemed inappropriate to the Muslim community, since it implies the birthplace of Profit Mohammad is equivalent to old video games. When it comes to cultural sensitivity, Religion is always more important than others enjoyment, lifestyle or hobbies.

So I purpose a poll. Should the tag line be changed to keep with the times?

Last edited:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Tell someone who cares if you are offended :p

I am not offended, I have changed my original post to remove profanity. I understand now that you have not experienced cultural awareness training, and pity you.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I am not offended, I have changed my original post to remove profanity. I understand now that you have not experienced cultural awareness training, and pity you.

Well you shouldn't and you disappoint me, But if you are serious about the whole thing I would refer you to the English Dictionary:

"Mecca: (as noun a Mecca) A place that attracts people of a particular group or with a particular interest."
‘Holland is a Mecca for jazz enthusiasts’

Or in this case A place that attracts retro gamers with a perticular interest in Neo Geo.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I always assumed it was related to bingo

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Why? You scared there are going to be reprocussions?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
You'll know when something offends a muslim because they tend to try to kill people because of it.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
something about the ones out on bond that were supposedly training kids to shoot up schools.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Should be changed to "The gas chamber for pointless nostalgia"

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Maybe you should be less concerned with offending muslims, and go on your own hajj and meet some. It could change your life.