iPhone 3G - Who's Taking the Plunge This Friday?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Is that a quote from that new movie about Bruges?
I was wondering if it was any good.

The movie is not bad. The movie spends a lot of film showing off Bruges as a beautiful city, while Colin Farrell complains about it. Worth the axxo download.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
jobs_christ.jpg

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Does anyone know about any businesses where this is replacing the typical Blackberry/Treo phones yet?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Does anyone know about any businesses where this is replacing the typical Blackberry/Treo phones yet?

Nope. I was wondering this with my boss the other day.

Maybe the iPhone just isn't as suited to business needs as a Blackberry? Seems like it would be though :spock:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Nope. I was wondering this with my boss the other day.

Maybe the iPhone just isn't as suited to business needs as a Blackberry? Seems like it would be though :spock:

I never thought it would appeal to that demographic even though I remember Boriqua highly touting it as the death knell for traditional smart phones.

It is a very trendy item, and surely a hit with that group, but to me the big money would be getting lots of large companies to use them and I just don't think it will ever break into that market despite having similar features.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I never thought it would appeal to that demographic even though I remember Boriqua highly touting it as the death knell for traditional smart phones.

It is a very trendy item, and surely a hit with that group, but to me the big money would be getting lots of large companies to use them and I just don't think it will ever break into that market despite having similar features.

Another thing is, you know how hard it is to usurp entrenched items in any environment. Probably the same situation here. The corporate world thinks of smartphones as Blackberrys, all of them, the terms are synonymous; like video games and Nintendo 20 years ago. May not be correct, but that's how a lot of people think of smartphones, as "blackberrys", that's a tough obstacle for another company to overcome.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I know of businesses here where the iphone was tested by company ceos and then returned. But you know, blackberry people. They're in their own thing. It's like Christians seeing muslims for the first time, thinking "haha, these dirty hippies..." But then the muslims started killing jews and christians, and shit got ugly.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I know of businesses here where the iphone was tested by company ceos and then returned. But you know, blackberry people. They're in their own thing. It's like Christians seeing muslims for the first time, thinking "haha, these dirty hippies..." But then the muslims started killing jews and christians, and shit got ugly.

wtf?

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
Fuck the haters. The 2.0 upgrade is amazing. I've been playing Aurora Feint all weekend and still can't believe this game is free. Using Remote to access my iTunes library from my couch is the shit as well.

Very nice improvements all around. I'll likely upgrade to the new hardware soon for the network speed boost and GPS. I read that TomTom is going to release GPS software that matches their standalone units; Google Maps is cool and all, but I'd prefer a first-person view when driving down the road. It makes upcoming turns easier to spot.