• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
I need to gauge the interest in this before I move forward as the LazyFinger for the Neo/Superguns got a lot of praise but sales have been disappointing and I don't want to take another loss on a project.

The spitfire will have 4 adjustment knobs(two per player for the A and B buttons) as well as on/off switches(4).

I'd like to keep the pricing between $25-35 for the adapter as I don't see it being more than that.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
if it fits in my neo 29 cp, im in.

It would be an inline adapter like the Atlas. Plug it between the board and harness, unless you guys prefer something else like just a PCB with input and output headers.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
For my own understanding would this be one adapter for two players?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
It would be an inline adapter like the Atlas. Plug it between the board and harness, unless you guys prefer something else like just a PCB with input and output headers.

i was thinking it would be something similar to the aes/ supergun version that plugged into the controller port. As in between the button harness and the buttons themselves. that way you had reachable controls for tuning rather than go into the machine ever time for adjustments. Maybe i was overthinking how this would look. Either way is fine by me. i think its a killer idea.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
i was thinking it would be something similar to the aes/ supergun version that plugged into the controller port. As in between the button harness and the buttons themselves. that way you had reachable controls for tuning rather than go into the machine ever time for adjustments. Maybe i was overthinking how this would look. Either way is fine by me. i think its a killer idea.

Since button harnesses can vary cab to cab, using an in-line jamma adapter would certainly be more universal / cab agnostic and less headache for James I'm thinking.

Pretty pumped to use this on Vimana... dig the game, not the dead arm 1/2 hour in. lol

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Since button harnesses can vary cab to cab, using an in-line jamma adapter would certainly be more universal / cab agnostic and less headache for James I'm thinking.

Pretty pumped to use this on Vimana... dig the game, not the dead arm 1/2 hour in. lol

makes sense. but when i read the description, it was just my initial thought. i was thinking quick connects to ends of harnesses with the unit acting as a pass through since the connectors to buttons are universal and for neo the number of buttons stays constant at 4. but i was just thinking as to the possible design.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
makes sense. but when i read the description, it was just my initial thought. i was thinking quick connects to ends of harnesses with the unit acting as a pass through since the connectors to buttons are universal and for neo the number of buttons stays constant at 4. but i was just thinking as to the possible design.

Same.

So just one would be needed then?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
The knobs are mostly for fine tuning as most games will run at the same hertz level from the device. The only time I usually ever adjust it is in certain shmups where there is a maximum number of pulses it allows where shots come out as a burst when it's too fast, then I tune it slower to be a more steady shot instead of max fire rate. The advantage of the rapid fire helps a lot in shmups that have a single button focus shot when you hold down the button where it has rapid fire but slows your movement. With the rapid fire, you have normal movement as well as the rapid fire, I noticed this when playing games like Guwange(?).

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I really dig the db15 version, but an inline jamma adapter would work much better for my setup.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
So far the interest seems good. I'd like to be able to sell at least 50 so I can keep the price low towards the $25-30 mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.