Holy Shit -- S-C.com going under

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2003
Posts
27,165
HERE is the farewell thread. I was expecting if something happened to N-G.com, there would be a mass exodus to Trieu's site. That's out. Expect to see more of the S-C people here soon, I guess.
 

aria

Former Moderator
Joined
Dec 4, 1977
Posts
39,546
:eek:

Whoa!

That's terrible news. It was a good site. Of course they're all welcome here, if they choose to be.

I admit I wasn't very active there, but that's because I only have room in my life for one site, and its always been this one (and before it, DL's Yahoo Club).

Vinh is welcome back to his trieuminator account (we deleted it at his request, but he's always welcome back. He was a solid Mod before he left).

[EDIT: This deserves to be stickied]
 
Last edited:

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Joined
Aug 29, 2002
Posts
1,534
I post there quite a bit. Its a great community with lots of great ppl. Hope to see em here as well.
 

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2001
Posts
8,244
Very nice site.
TOP NOTCH store.
I never supported the forums because it's not Neo Geo exclusive.
With that being stated,the SPAM content around here MUST be kept in check because it's gotten out of hand in the last four or five months.
-BB
 

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Joined
Aug 29, 2002
Posts
1,534
Sky_R said:
I guess we can say goodbye to arcadeshock?

Nope, Trieu said:

TRIEU said:
What makes a great site is it's members and I feel that we do owe the members some type of effort.

The closure of this site has nothing to do with money. The financial backing of this site can easily hold up this site for the next 50 years.

To be fair to all members, this decision wasn't thought out within a day or two, but many months.

If this decision was completely up to me on where this site was going, it would be operational until the day I die.

Arcade Shock will continue to run it's normal business operations. There are no plans for it to shut down. As slow as the Neo market is going, it's doing surprsingly well.

Any changes in plans will be announced here and we do really hope for the best.
 

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Posts
18,418
Fygee said:
If I have to go back to Neo-Geo.com or Shoryuken.com....well....that's not think about that.

:kekeke:



Well, I'm not gonna pretend that I was a regular poster there or something, but Trieu seemed like a really cool guy, and I'm sad to see the site go regardless.

At least Arcade Shock will stay open, which was my biggest concern really.
 

aria

Former Moderator
Joined
Dec 4, 1977
Posts
39,546
BIG BEAR said:
Very nice site.
TOP NOTCH store.
I never supported the forums because it's not Neo Geo exclusive.
With that being stated,the SPAM content around here MUST be kept in check because it's gotten out of hand in the last four or five months.
-BB

While I feel a little weird that this is being brought up here, I think actions are being taken to fix this problem (and no, FTL's actions are not what I'm refering to).
 

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Posts
12,871
I never expected that either...but then again I can't even remember the last time I actually perused the site. The store never had much for the Neo, and the overall quality of exchange there was never really consistent or anything.

I mean, say what you will about this place and 'teh drama', but there are still a lot of very cool, knowledgeable people here. Maybe Trieu and NeoRasa will come back through our saloon doors here.
 

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Posts
3,285
Wonder if this means that we will get a bunch of new members in the up coming months?
 
Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2001
Posts
8,244
Bobak said:
While I feel a little weird that this is being brought up here, I think actions are being taken to fix this problem (and no, FTL's actions are not what I'm refering to).
No. I don't have a problem with FTL,FTL is FTL...His online personality did'nt just change overnight and he's always been consistent.
I have a problem with all the followers trying to gain fame from sheer and utter stupidity. It stopped being "cute" a loooong time ago and the site suffers from this "main stream" dumbing down.
-BB
 
Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2001
Posts
8,000
I think it's a damn shame, S-C was a beautiful site. Anyway, even though a rarely posted over there, my main concern was Arcade-Shock. It's always a blast to see the cool odds and ends that Trieu gets hooked up with.
 

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2001
Posts
3,222
It's a damn shame. Though a lot of people from s-c don't like it here. I do expect new members after it goes down.

It sucks cause they were excellent at having the latest news (I thik they even topped mmcafe, though that's another story).

But yeah it sucks for the neo geo community in general.
 

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Joined
Apr 26, 2002
Posts
15,120
Heh.. me waits for Trieu to "find" his way over here along with other people who made sure to burn some bridges on the way out....

Any body else wanting of a pound of flesh?
 

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Posts
3,285
jeff bogard said:
It's a damn shame. Though a lot of people from s-c don't like it here. I do expect new members after it goes down.
Expect the month of May to be full of newbies being flamed. :annoyed:
 
Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2003
Posts
27,165
neo_X7 said:
Expect the month of May to be full of newbies being flamed. :annoyed:
Yeah...I think S-C was kind of a haven for a lot of people who don't feel comfortable either here or at SRK. I think some of them will be able to make a smooth transition to here, but it will be harder for others.

I can relate to that feeling, because if this place shut down in addition to S-C, I don't think I could ever make SRK a permanent hang out...I enjoyed junior high school, but I never felt like I wished I could go back to it, if you know what I mean. Outside of finding Live matches, the overall vibe of SRK depresses me. Not saying it's a bad place, but it's just not for me.
 

aria

Former Moderator
Joined
Dec 4, 1977
Posts
39,546
VanillaThunder said:
Any body else wanting of a pound of flesh?

Respectfully, I pass.

They tried a different community, it seems to have not worked out. Why blame them for it? They gave it a much more serious try than many others in the past.

Now if they're coming here to act like jerks, then...
 

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2001
Posts
3,222
SouthtownKid said:
Yeah...I think S-C was kind of a haven for a lot of people who don't feel comfortable either here or at SRK. I think some of them will be able to make a smooth transition to here, but it will be harder for others.

I can relate to that feeling, because if this place shut down in addition to S-C, I don't think I could ever make SRK a permanent hang out...I enjoyed junior high school, but I never felt like I wished I could go back to it, if you know what I mean. Outside of finding Live matches, the overall vibe of SRK depresses me. Not saying it's a bad place, but it's just not for me.


I second that. Though I had the mmcafe boards on my mind, I think i'd just visit there casually.

Same for orochinagi, don't like them at all. Plus it's pretty dead.

Can't think of more communityes neo related.
 

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2001
Posts
8,348
BIG BEAR said:
No. I don't have a problem with FTL,FTL is FTL...His online personality did'nt just change overnight and he's always been consistent.
I have a problem with all the followers trying to gain fame from sheer and utter stupidity. It stopped being "cute" a loooong time ago and the site suffers from this "main stream" dumbing down.
-BB

word.

For every "beef" that exists between (usually) older, well known members /and or moderators, there are n noobs supporting the cause, usually with stupid dumb language, "fuck ftl", "chimp sucks", "the pope is a homo" etc, ad nauseam.

Like preschool kids, who secretly cuss, and to add insult to the injury, I guess there actually are members here who find it "funny" and then they desperately try to be "funny", It´s a vicious circle
 

Robert

,
20 Year Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2000
Posts
5,748
BIG BEAR said:
No. I don't have a problem with FTL,FTL is FTL...His online personality did'nt just change overnight and he's always been consistent.
I have a problem with all the followers trying to gain fame from sheer and utter stupidity.
-BB

Quoted cause you're right sir.

But I don't agree on the "the board is no more nice" since I still enjoy browsing it.
 

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Joined
Apr 24, 2001
Posts
20,049
Fuck Vinh... I hope he comes back, then I can treat him like the BITCH he is.

Chris too, acting all buddy buddy like he didn't know anything...

NOBODY does that shit to me for no fucking reason.

The only 2 people I give a shit about from that site are Trey and Rasa, and neither of them will return here... which is a goddamn shame.

I can't wait for the SC.com Elite to show face...

Remember the ON merger?

Prepare for a bloodbath...

Remember who the old school members are before you guys start the usual petty bannings.

*cracks knuckles in anticipation*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top