GroupBuy COMPLETE: Raspberry Pi Model 2 Netboot kits

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
For anyone on the fence about getting one of these...

After having both multiple CF setups and Netboot I can say Pi is the most elegant solution hands down. Also you can power it from the Naomi motherboard directly which is extra handy.

I have mine mounted inside of my Blast City control panel. It's so convenient to swap games out!

10895497_322228284653341_1477630992_n.jpg

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Rating - 100%
116   0   0

After having both multiple CF setups and Netboot I can say Pi is the most elegant solution hands down. Also you can power it from the Naomi motherboard directly which is extra handy.

I have mine mounted inside of my Blast City control panel. It's so convenient to swap games out!

That's all I needed to hear. I'm down.

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
64   0   0

Thanks for the kind words man, it really makes me happy to hear people like it. Updated the list

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
To clarify, will these run off the Naomi power or require a power supply? If the former, consider me down for one.

I don't think anyone has tried the model 2 pi being powered via Naomi yet, so there's no definitive answer to that yet.

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
OK guys, one last call. I think I'm going to allow up to 20 total, and then start taking payment on friday (2/27)

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I'd jump on the waiting list, wish I woulda saw this earlier

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hey guys, today is the day!

Since the Model 2's are still supply constrained, I'll be fulfilling orders 3 at a time (the max I can order), in the order that payment is received. Starting today, I will be taking payments. If you are on the list, you can send $129 as goods and services ($125 + fees) to travispbrown@gmail.com. I can't do gift, because it's just too much money coming in marked as gift. Expected delivery should be within 2-4 weeks, as I have to source serveral different suppliers, and modify the kernel to work with the Model 2, which is an ARM7, so the OS has to be different. Please make sure the address in your order is where you want to receive it.

Once the dust settles on payments, I will put up a fulfillment list in the order people paid. After a week, I will begin offering unpaid spots to people on the waiting list. Hope this isn't too complicated, I'm trying to find the best way to do it.

Thanks!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
90   0   0

Since the Model 2's are still supply constrained, I'll be fulfilling orders 3 at a time (the max I can order), in the order that payment is received. Starting today, I will be taking payments. If you are on the list, you can send $129 as goods and services ($125 + fees) to travispbrown@gmail.com. I can't do gift, because it's just too much money coming in marked as gift. Expected delivery should be within 2-4 weeks, as I have to source serveral different suppliers, and modify the kernel to work with the Model 2, which is an ARM7, so the OS has to be different. Please make sure the address in your order is where you want to receive it.

Once the dust settles on payments, I will put up a fulfillment list in the order people paid. After a week, I will begin offering unpaid spots to people on the waiting list. Hope this isn't too complicated, I'm trying to find the best way to do it.

Thanks!

Payment sent! Looking forward to this. Thanks for setting this up.

DJ Long Cat

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

Thanks!

I sent payment as well!

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks for the bump, an update is definitely due. So far, I've received payment from 10 people, which leaves 10 spots left. At this time I've upgraded those from the waiting list to the interest list, so if you were on the waiting list before, if you send payment, you will secure a kit. I've received all the parts, and just got back from a business trip, so I'm going to solder and configure like a madman, and try to get the first batch out the door this week.

Shinsengumi

Not so MEGA, eh?
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Gah... must have been asleep at the wheel!

If there are indeed any open slots I'll take one!

Thx

Last edited:

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I'm sorry if I made this confusing. I tried to give priority to those who expressed interest first, but at this time there is no waiting list. If there are spots available on the fulfillment list, it is first come first served. I'm still targetting getting the first 10 or so shipped this weekend, the only thing I'm waiting on is the EPROMs to get here from China. Second 10 should only be about a week behind.