GroupBuy COMPLETE: Raspberry Pi Model 2 Netboot kits

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hey guys, I know we are at the point of the raspberry pi based naomi netboot kit, that if you are someone who wants one, you probably already have one. But after the recent release of 1.3, I was wondering if any among you would be interested in a full kit.

It would include the following:

Raspberry Pi Model 2 B
Adafruit LCD Plate (soldered and assembled)
32 GB Class 10 Micro SD card (preimaged with latest version of piforce tools)
Power supply
Ethernet cable
Netboot PIC
Multi-region BIOS EPROM

All for $125 shipped. I'd need at least 10 orders to make it at that price, but please let me know if you're interested. Model 2's aren't yet widely available, so depending on demand, this group buy probably won't happen immediately. I'm not requesting any payment at this time, just interest.

BTW, it's worth mentioning that this is a totally open source project and you are free to buy and build this yourself, this offer is just for those that might not have soldering equipment, or PIC/EPROM burners to make it easier.

Update 1: I should have said this earlier, but this offer is only good to those in the US. Hard to predict shipping costs and all the forms to fill out, really make it hard to juggle in addition to fulfilling all the orders. Sorry, hope you all understand.

Update 2: I posted this later in the thread, but wanted to put it here too. I am now taking payments, which will get you a spot on the fulfillment list. You can send $129 as goods and services to travispbrown@gmail.com, and I'll add you to the list.

Interest List
======
Dr. Willy (KLOV)
aznxtc (NG)
necron99 (NG)
Rob Black (NG)
donsuper (KLOV)
Enmity (KLOV)
trickman (KLOV)
Kiel (NG)
Kinberg175 (KLOV)

Fulfillment List (PAID ORDERS)
===========
1. lantus360 (NG) - SHIPPED 3/16
2. noClip (KLOV) - SHIPPED 3/16
3. KalessinDB (NG) - SHIPPED 3/16
4. Zapperkhan (NG) - SHIPPED 3/18
5. lalalanasty (NG) - SHIPPED 3/18
6. JulesWallet (KLOV) - SHIPPED 3/18
7. pipes (NG) - SHIPPED 3/20
8. LegoSlug (NG) - SHIPPED 3/23
9. sblade (KLOV) - SHIPPED 3/23
10. DJ Long Cat (NG) - SHIPPED 3/23
11. childsremix (NG) - SHIPPED 3/23
12. micksimmonds (KLOV) - SHIPPED 3/23
13. foobs (KLOV) - SHIPPED 3/23
14. Shinsengumi (NG) - SHIPPED 3/30
15. pizzagames (KLOV) - SHIPPED 3/23
16. Ninjando (NG) - SHIPPED 3/23
17. SniperElite (NG) - SHIPPED 4/4
18. thestonegamer (KLOV) - SHIPPED 3/30
19. Holleywierd (KLOV) - SHIPPED 3/30
20. Pablo_the_Mex (NG) - SHIPPED 3/30
21. trickman (KLOV) - SHIPPED 4/6
22. coyo5050 (KLOV) - SHIPPED 4/8

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I would be interested. It's kind of annoying to have to hook up a laptop to the naomi everytime.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I would be interested, but I just became a member of the big red club so my funds are tapped for at least a month. If by some chance you're still considering it in early March I'll point again

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If I already have my Naomi prepped for the CF mod, I wouldn't need the security pic and bios upgrade right?

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
If I already have my Naomi prepped for the CF mod, I wouldn't need the security pic and bios upgrade right?
I'm not sure about needing a security PIC, but I know you'd have to update your BIOS to at least a certain level to support netbooting, I think it's E, but I would be supplying H.

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I would be interested, but I just became a member of the big red club so my funds are tapped for at least a month. If by some chance you're still considering it in early March I'll point again
Given quantity limitations of the Model 2, March is probably the earliest this could happen

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I'd like to know as well.

don't quote me on this but i think if you can CF you can Netboot. you should be on the latest FW and should have everything you need

From memory theres a few dipswitches you need to change on your NetDIMM to switch from CF/GD-ROM to Netbooting and DHCP.

DJ Long Cat

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Is there anyway to power the Raspberry Pi off the Naomi itself?

There is like a 5V pinout on the board.

Also I want one as well.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
I would imagine so. The pi only consumes a couple hundred milliamps.

Also, I'm in for a kit.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
Dude, it's "I Moan" spelled backwards.

I'm all over that.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
So what is the main benefits between this Raspberry Pi then the last one we did? Is it worth the upgrade?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
don't quote me on this but i think if you can CF you can Netboot. you should be on the latest FW and should have everything you need

From memory theres a few dipswitches you need to change on your NetDIMM to switch from CF/GD-ROM to Netbooting and DHCP.

It's jumpers that have to me moved, but yeah. Quick change. Also, no DHCP as far as I know, you statically set an IP in test mode.

Is there anyway to power the Raspberry Pi off the Naomi itself?

There is like a 5V pinout on the board.

Also I want one as well.

Pretty sure Mr. Lemony makes looms for that exact purpose.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Given quantity limitations of the Model 2, March is probably the earliest this could happen

Well then, allow me to rephrase: If I can pay on or after March 12 (my first paycheck in March), I'm in. But if you're going to need money before then, I am unfortunately going to have to pass for now.

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I would imagine so. The pi only consumes a couple hundred milliamps.

Also, I'm in for a kit.
The new version will use more power, plus when using ethernet and the LCD plate it could use up to 500mA, so use at your own risk. I honestly dont know what that header is designed to support.

So what is the main benefits between this Raspberry Pi then the last one we did? Is it worth the upgrade?
Not really any upgrade if you already have a full kit. This really makes sense for people wanting to start out. Even though the CPU is faster, I doubt it will decrease transfer times.

Well then, allow me to rephrase: If I can pay on or after March 12 (my first paycheck in March), I'm in. But if you're going to need money before then, I am unfortunately going to have to pass for now.
Yes, no money up front until all items are available to order, so I can minimize delivery time.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Awesome. Forgive my noob question as I haven't yet gotten into Naomi but it's on my list: when you say updated bios eprom, will you be including the new region free bios, or just an updated one to work with the net boot in general?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rating - 100%
40   0   1
post the thread about the new bios and people dont see it. lol

cf and netboot pics are different also

Last edited: