Got a bunch of Best Buy Gift Cards, what should I buy?

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
So I had to cash in a bunch of my credit card points due to them expiring and the best deal was $50 best buy gift cards.

So I got them (1,750 worth) the other day but I am debating what to buy. I have been out of the gadget/tech age for quite some time.

I am thinking of a Mac Book Pro to replace my iMAC and the new ipod nano to replace my old 80Gb ipod video.

Would still have about $500 left though. Was thinking a gopro2 possibly too.

Anyone have any suggestions? Any really good xbox360 games that have come out in 2012 that I missed? Don't have to get the Pro or the nano either, but the low end pro is about the same as the Air which is what I was looking at originally.

Whatever it is, it has to be portable as it will be coming back to the UK with me as that's where I live. I have an Ipad already also...

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
I don't know how London would hold up, or if you're doing this at physical locations instead of online, but here are my thoughts.

1) Consumer electronics, at least most of those at Best Buy, don't necessarily lend themselves to "flipping." That is, most don't hold their values, and instead rapidly decline.

2) If I were in such a position, and wanted to turn that credit into some real cash, I'd be tempted to spend the money on Wii U pre-orders, and then offer them on eBay at a price higher than I'd be willing to pay.

Just an idea though. Your personal logistics might make it complicated. If anything else comes to mind, I'll type it later.

Darren870

Yea, I live in London but my dad is coming over in a month or so. I will just have him bring whatever I get over.

Yea don't really have the capabilities to flip things easily.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
If the dude has $1,750 worth of Best Buy points, chances are he doesn't use amazon.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
They're selling Roland keytars now. The nexus 7 is pretty awesome. What I personally would buy is this, which they have for $800:
1902121_sb.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Whatever you plan to do with the gift cards, better use them up quick. Can't say how much longer would Best Buy last before they go the way of Circuitshitty.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
How about a nice DSLR camera?

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
how about instead of thinking of yourself you think of your family/friends? or those delightful lads down at neo-geo.com/forums

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I was thinking about this too. My Gf has the t1i and she takes the majority of the pictures. Any recommendations?

I have a nice Nikon SLR... errr.. unsure which model... cost me £550... it's cool... nice and easy to use...

...I have a second hand photoshop in Manchester I use... I know one of the guys there and got cheap second hand accessories for it...

...A nice camera rucksack... an extra flash box... a remote control clicker thingy and tripod...

xROTx

PS. If you want the tripod... let me know... it's doing nothing anyway....

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have a nice Nikon SLR... errr.. unsure which model... cost me £550... it's cool... nice and easy to use...

...I have a second hand photoshop in Manchester I use... I know one of the guys there and got cheap second hand accessories for it...

...A nice camera rucksack... an extra flash box... a remote control clicker thingy and tripod...

xROTx

PS. If you want the tripod... let me know... it's doing nothing anyway....

lol, I was about to create a similar post about my Nikon DSLR, but then realized that Best Buy gift cards are near worthless.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I was thinking about this too. My Gf has the t1i and she takes the majority of the pictures. Any recommendations?

I always recommend a 5D Mark II but that would take up all of your cards. A T3i would be a big step up from there and costs less than $1K. Maybe buy that along with a nice lens (avoid the kit lens).

Edit: I recommend those cameras for video mainly. I haven't used them much for stills.

Eric

Fight On!,
I'm not sure why this warrants some kind of discussion. If you need or want a new laptop then you should buy a new laptop.

In store they should sell Kindle cards still which are just another name for Amazon gift cards.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I'd get a Nexus-7 tablet and a Samsung 3D LED TV personally. As stated above, don't wait! The BB in my area is doing very poorly, I can't imagine they will be around forever/much longer.

Marek

Banned
All I know is that the GoPro2 is fun. as. fuck.

It is an incredibly amusing and shockingly capable device.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
They're selling Roland keytars now. The nexus 7 is pretty awesome. What I personally would buy is this, which they have for $800:
1902121_sb.jpg

good point!

I'd probably hunt down one of those Roland Ready Strats with the built in midi pickup and onboard computer. I want to fool around with one of those things one time.

Darren870

All I know is that the GoPro2 is fun. as. fuck.

It is an incredibly amusing and shockingly capable device.

Yea, I dive so that's why I want it. However, after that I'm not sure what else I would do with it. Though, I guess I would wind up taking it on my travels more often and around the various places I go. Would have been cool to have in Iceland when I went.