Game boy Ballers post here

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
Sounds like it. If this an unmodified OG Gameboy, I have an original screen kicking around, if you want it. Really though, you should buy one of the new screen kits out there. I can personally recommend the OSD kit.

Everything you said - those old screens are finnicky at this point. Another recommendation for the OSD screen - game changer

Out of the 3 that I have, 1 unit is set for the FP IPS screen, 1 was going to be backlit with one color, and I have the first one I did with the yellow backlight.

I get that the newer kits are better - im not against them. I like the look of a backlit LCD a bit better, and installation is super-easy. I can use the screen half as a parts board

fenikso

Mature's Love Slave
No worries on that front, I'm too old for the blurry screens in the original GB, otherwise I like the look, too.

If you need a replacement front half I've got extras.

Rasubosu

Overtop Pathfinder
I stopped collecting for GB but I still have this. One of my prized gaming pieces. The stand is rare than the kiosk unit, I've only seen one other person have one from an old forum post somewhere and in Nintendo kiosk catalogs.

gameboy kiosk 2.png

fenikso

Mature's Love Slave
@filthyrear: tried to shoot you a PM with tracking number, but your PM box is full...

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
I stopped collecting for GB but I still have this. One of my prized gaming pieces. The stand is rare than the kiosk unit, I've only seen one other person have one from an old forum post somewhere and in Nintendo kiosk catalogs.

View attachment 58948

very cool! I remember playing Tetris on those and asking for a GB that xmas. I guess '89? Could be '90, but I feel like I got one the year they came out.

Update on those OSD IPS screens for GBC - they kick ass. Pixel mode looks great, plus you can tweak the color palette for orginal GB games - screen size is awesome. Anxious to see if the battery life can compete with my DMG. Either way, highly recommend.

pixeljunkie

Quick question for those with either the FP V3 or newer OSD screens for GB (DMG)...

Opera Snapshot_2021-01-26_165200_www.youtube.com.png

Do me a favor and load up Skate or Die Bad & Rad...try stage 4. Right after you get the pizza slice and the rolling pin thing starts chasing you from behind...can you steer left or right? I've noticed some weirdness with both these kits on that game with trying to steer left or right in the vertical stages. Works fine on my stock backlit system or on my GBC. I'm thinking it has to do with the PCB designs since they have the controller inputs on them. Just curious if anyone has noticed and/or has seen other talking about it and possibly figured out a fix?

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Ordered one of these:

Will report back as soon as I have it.