Firearm enthusiast thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah, a stolen gun is still a stolen gun, whether or not the thief can use it or not. I'd hate to be without my arm.

I'd uh...be fine...if they mandated LEO carry these weapons :kekeke:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I find the concept interesting but the practice unnecessary.
My fist thought is that he said the striker is activated by a solinoid.
So I simply find a way to directly power the solinoid, bypassing all your fancy technology.
I'm going to laugh when a hacker reprograms it to fire full auto.
You could use the face camera as the giggle switch.
doomguy.jpg = semi
doom guy smile.jpg = full

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
My fist thought is that he said the striker is activated by a solinoid.
So I simply find a way to directly power the solinoid, bypassing all your fancy technology.

View attachment 64506 = semi
View attachment 64507 = full
I see you're going right for the jugular on this one Hellion.

Most likely such a part would be custom and encapsulated, the input being digital and the actual solenoid being encased in this custom part.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The ICs will be goo blobs, but I think hellion is right. It will be be able to be defeated easily, if all you want to do is get it to fire. It will just probably be be ugly.

Altering the actual firmware of the gun is far more interesting to me.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
The ICs will be goo blobs, but I think hellion is right. It will be be able to be defeated easily, if all you want to do is get it to fire. It will just probably be be ugly.

Altering the actual firmware of the gun is far more interesting to me.
I have a Lawgiver you can play with if you're up to it.

Second trip to the private outdoor range today.

Hit a four inch round steel target at 110 yards with my 610 revolver in 15mph wind today.

Im absolutely floored at how much my shooting has improved in the last six weeks, indoor range membership paying off. Just much easier to hit targets at distance in general then when I was last here 6 weeks ago.

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Second trip to the private outdoor range today.

Hit a four inch round steel target at 110 yards with my 610 revolver in 15mph wind today.

Im absolutely floored at how much my shooting has improved in the last six weeks, indoor range membership paying off. Just much easier to hit targets at distance in general then when I was last here 6 weeks ago.
Wanna go black bear hunting

If they stay 110 yards away, sure!

Actually the outdoor range that was my previous spot is in the daniel boone national forrest, edge of the smokey mountains, there would often be recent bear sightings and warnings posted. At 10am by yourself out there, even with a table full of rifles and handguns, its hard not to think about a bear charging you suddenly from any random direction and ripping your face off.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
If they stay 110 yards away, sure!

Actually the outdoor range that was my previous spot is in the daniel boone national forrest, edge of the smokey mountains, there would often be recent bear sightings and warnings posted. At 10am by yourself out there, even with a table full of rifles and handguns, its hard not to think about a bear charging you suddenly from any random direction and ripping your face off.
The goal is to build experience to go after Kodiak Grizzly, so we'll start at Black bear first. Oh no, we're handgun guys so no 110 yards shots, it's up close and personal.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Ha VoltronBADASS can you do this with your 610 yet.

BTW have you fired 40 S&W out your 610

Last edited:
I dont feel a need to dance with a firearm or hurt bears.

No running 40 because the 10 is cheap enough. I also dont see the fun in running smaller calibers in an N frame.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
You're starting to sale me on the 610, how many moon clips does it come with.

3 and I really recommend TK customs for more, the quality of the moon clip makes a difference, I really recommend their super overpriced loading and unloading tool also. A basic flat tacklebox to store and carry loaded moon clips too.

For cheap plinking ammo ive been buying S&B or blazer from buds. That model is known to be a bit picky: ammo inc, aguila and armscore wouldnt run for me.

Attachments

• 60D06129-2B76-4709-8291-907606065CBC.jpeg
    60D06129-2B76-4709-8291-907606065CBC.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
3 and I really recommend TK customs for more, the quality of the moon clip makes a difference, I really recommend their super overpriced loading and unloading tool also. A basic flat tacklebox to store and carry loaded moon clips too.

For cheap plinking ammo ive been buying S&B or blazer from buds. That model is known to be a bit picky: ammo inc, aguila and armscore wouldnt run for me.

5 clips for $40, not bad.

I went with speed loaders.

So at this point you put so many rounds through the gun you don't even feel recoil anymore.

Do you have holsters.

I mean its ever so slight more recoil than 357mag and in a large size very heavy frame. I think ive put 800-1000 rounds through mine. Hogue rubber grip, lightwave front sight, mine is the four inch ver.

No holsters, wouldnt mind one of those hunters chest rigs or an underarm vertical.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I mean its ever so slight more recoil than 357mag and in a large size very heavy frame. I think ive put 800-1000 rounds through mine. Hogue rubber grip, lightwave front sight.

No holsters, wouldnt mind one of those hunters chest rigs or an underarm vertical.
800 rounds, you should have robocop aim after that much practice.

I wanted one of these but I guess the company went out of business

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Magazine outside the grip and threaded barrel tells me…no.

Cool gun. Needs a slim folding stock.

So that kel-tec is the hi-point p90, gross.
Other than a short barrel p90, a suppressed m&p would be my second choice 5.7.

Last edited: