FFS coming to XBLA!!

Willeh

An,
Now if Metal Slug comes to XBLA I'll feel a lot better about dropping $400 on a console.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Pretty cool, but I doubt we'll see it anytime soon. It took Capcom fucking forever to get SF2 out, and SNK has been really bad about delays lately.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
True, it will likely be a while before it hits the Marketplace, but I'm hopeful that this will lead to other SNK franchises as well.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
System seller.

At least for me.

Hell, online FFS is worth $400 alone.

blah blah blah, Kawaks, MAME, yadda yadda

This is just cooler. Much cooler.

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I already have FFS on my neo

I dont want an 'inferior port' :kekeke:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
maybe if there was an RB infront of it id be more excited.

ffs is dated.

so is sf2.

but i never played them growing up so...

(didnt like fighters till ~2000 or so)

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I hope this comes out soon. I feel this could be a game to unite the neo community in battle. It seems like everyone has their preferences.. but this one... it's just too good. I'm seriously spanking it just thinking about this...

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Why not shin samurai spirits first?

Ah hell, better than nothing I guess.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Agreed. SSII online could be a system seller for me.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Maybe SNK is just testing the market, but FFS is okay.

I mean we would really have something to talk about if it is Real Bout (esp 2), Last Blade, MOTW, and I will take any of the SamShos. Heck, give me Ninja Master's, that game is a treasure and no one knows about it.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Great news.

I always wanted to try and get really into FFS and this will be a great way to do it.

Hopefully it won't take too long and maybe we'll see some more SNK and Capcom fighters show up along the way.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Lastblade said:

I mean we would really have something to talk about if it is Real Bout (esp 2), Last Blade, MOTW, and I will take any of the SamShos. Heck, give me Ninja Master's, that game is a treasure and no one knows about it.

I am guessing (hoping) that FFS was chosen as a title to see what sortof potential there is, with plans to possibly port other (better) titles down the road. I mean, FFS is one of my favourites, but it didn't age as well as, say, SS2 (or even SS1).

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Real Bout 2 would be the ultimate; however, Fatal Fury Special is a pretty good start. I'm definitely getting this. This is probably one of the only FFs I don't have, personally. Real Bout 2 would be another one.

At first, I was thinking Real Bout Special with the crazy announcer. "Be tough, or be dead big guy!!!"

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Bishamon said:
I am guessing (hoping) that FFS was chosen as a title to see what sortof potential there is, with plans to possibly port other (better) titles down the road. I mean, FFS is one of my favourites, but it didn't age as well as, say, SS2 (or even SS1).

I bet SNK will make more money selling each game for $5 than selling a compilation with 2 to 4 games for $50 because no one here buys it for that price and it quickly drops to $20 anyway.

$5 is an impulse buy, people will purchase it anyway just to have it on their hdd.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Lastblade said:

Don't forget, they've also gotta keep it under the 50MB file size limit.
This is why earlier Neo titles are the only likely candidates.
Real Bout, MOTW and Last Blade are all no-nos.

Samurai Shodown II would be the absolute shit.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Loopz said:
Don't forget, they've also gotta keep it under the 50MB file size limit.
This is why earlier Neo titles are the only likely candidates.
Real Bout, MOTW and Last Blade are all no-nos.

Samurai Shodown II would be the absolute shit.

The 50mb limit will be changed to 250mb when they release the next memory card.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Probably. It's the memory card that's keeping the limit down. I can't wait until they release the next memory card. Then it'll open up pretty much the entire SNK library.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
As good as a game as FFS is, I agree that I would rather see something more recent. Even SS2 would kick some serious ass.

Regardless, if the port of FFS is on the level, I will certainly pay for it. Doing that should encourge these companies to keep releasing these games and make XBLA live up to its abilities.

I still don't understand why they charge like $40 for a crap ass 64 meg card, though. They could be easily offering a 512 meg one for that price and still be making mad bank on it. I think they should completely phase the 64 meg unit out and introduce a 256 or a 512 meg one for the same price. Or a 256 meg for $30 and a 512 meg for $40.

BTW: Where the fuck is a bigger HD for the 360? 20 gigs ain't shit. And if they bump up the size on the XBLA games...

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Have patience. It's a bit too early. Right now there's a lot of other important junk they need to keep on before they simply up the size of stuff. It's not like things have gotten to the area where common people are generally running out of space.

However, if you can't wait, you can technically get that nice 3rd party Hard-Drive transfer thing that basically can give you potentially unlimited space. (Not to mention, the ability to transfer Xbox 1 save files).

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
while this is good news, although I don`think I`ll be buying any new console anytime soon, rb2 is not "ultimate" in any way except perhaps in the eye candy (motw nonwithstanding) department.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Everybody bitching about it being FFS and not some other Neo game can go fuck themselves. FFS is a complete badass of a Neo game, and personally I think it's the best Neo title they could've started with.

I seriously wonder about some of you retards.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
This 50-250 meg cap is ridiculous. It's got a HDD, they shouldn't have to cater to people who only buy memory cards xbl should require you have a HDD.

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
GregN. said:
This 50-250 meg cap is ridiculous. It's got a HDD, they shouldn't have to cater to people who only buy memory cards xbl should require you have a HDD.

Let's hope you're also not in the camp of people who complain about Dead Rising's text being too small.