Favorite Games 2010-2019

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Since we are at the end of a decade- what are your favorite games you have played throughout the past 10 years? Some of my favorites the really stand out:

Animal Crossing New Leaf
Breath of the Wild
Fantasy Life
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Fire Emblem Awakening
Gran Turismo 6
Shantae And The Pirates Curse

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Last of Us
Samurai Shodown
Mario Odyssee
Mario Galaxy 2
Bayonetta
Fire Emblem Awakening
Ys VIII
Journey
Mass Effect 2

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Super Hexagon
The Witness
Path of Exile
Dark Souls
Super Meat Boy
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Shovel Knight
VVVVVV
Pony Island

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Really shitty decade.

Random VR games
KOF XIII & IV
Civilization V
Super Mario Maker
Tetris Effect

Still need to play Anno 1800 & Civ VI but im sure those will be good.

I just got HOTAS, playing Ace Combat 7 right now & its pretty fun. Have Elite Dangerous to try out too.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bayonetta (came out in the U.S. in 2010, I know it was out in Japan in '09)
Nioh
Dark Souls 3
Nier Automata
Persona 5

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Released and played during 2010 - 2019:

1- Witcher 3
2- Bloodborne
3 - Mario Odyssey
4 - Dark Souls
5 - Samurai Shodown
6- Ninja Gaiden 3 RE
7 - Yoshi Woolly World
8 - KOF13 / KOF14 (13 for presentation, 14 for gameplay. Can't pick between them)
9 - Wonder Boy Dragon's Trap Remake
10 - Shovel Knight

Released during 2010 - 2019, but I only briefly tried and very likely to love:

Bayonetta 1&2
Mario Galaxy 2
Bravely Default
Zelda BotW
Dark Souls 3
RE2 Remake
DMC5
Dragon Quest 7&8 Remakes and 11
Zelda Link Between Worlds
God of War
Nier Automata
Sekiro

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
This is the generation where I really started off loving it and the industry started shitting itself. Honestly starting about 2014 I stopped buying nearly as many current games. They just aren’t appealing to me anymore. But let’s see

Tetris 99
Rainbow Six Siege
Skate 3
Halo 5
I guess Scott Pilgrim - I think about that game a lot and it’s about to turn 10.
Mortal Kombat 9
No more heroes 2
Dusk

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Cuphead

And... some Nintendo games from the Wii and Wii U? Some were ok on 3DS but I really dislike lengthy cutscene ridden games on the go.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Final Fantasy 14
No More Heroes 2
GTA 5
Tetris Effect
Cities Skylines
Metal Gear Solid 5

and that's all I remember.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
In no particular order,

Gran Turismo 6, Sport
God of War
God of War 3
GTA5
Battlefield 3,4,5
Control
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes, fuck V

Could be others but dunno

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
God of War
Shovel Knight Specter of Torment
Tetris Effect
Resident Evil HD Remake (Not 2)
Ninja Saviors
Pinball Arcade

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Dark Souls, Bloodborne, MGSV, GT Sport.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Off the top of my head.

Axiom Verge
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Fez
Hotline Miami
Journey
Shovel Knight + Expansions
Sonic Mania
Spelunky
SteamWorld Dig

I guess I skipped a lot of the "AAA" games this decade.

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
The decade didn't really produce much memorable stuff. I liked the rise of From Software but I wouldn't claim any of those as my favorite. Nothing unseated Crazy Taxi this decade. I guess my list is:

Minecraft
P5
FFXIV
Rocket League
Sea of Thieves
R6: Siege
Tekken 7

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
DUSK
Amid Evil
Ion fury
Sonic mania
Katamari reroll (doesn't even count)
KOF XIII
Thimbleweed park
Super hot
Some of the yakuza games?

Honestly this decade did little for me until the new retro fps games starting coming out on PC. Pretty sure I'm out of consoles for good unless Nintendo makes another cool gadget, and just PC now.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Can we talk about hardware too?

Best console for me personally was the Switch, BOTW and Mario Odyssey were once in a generation games and playing Skyrim for the first time ever and being able to play it away from a monitor was incredible.

GTA5 on PS4 gave me hours of joy and having visited LA a few years after it was released, it felt surreal seeing how much effort went into creating that open world. Love or hate the story, I lost a ton of hours just messing about and soaking up the environments.

I loved and hated Red Dead 2 in equal measure, the controls needed tweaking but the environments were amazing. Dragon Quest XI was the best RPG I played.

Biggest disappointments:

Persona 5: A joyless pile of horse shit. I put hours into P4G on vita, but this instalment felt dead on arrival. After all the hype, I just didn’t care for it

MGS5: Should have called it a day after Peace Walker. Yet more open world jank. I don’t care if you like Joy Division.

Max Payne 3: Those Rockstar bros really lost the plot with this one. Gone was the noir and in was this day-glo ralph lauren stool of a game. The gunplay was good, but I really wish Sam Lake/Remedy had made this and not those faux-film directors. The fact the cutscenes were baked into the game destroyed any chance of a replay.

3DS hardware. The fact that the Lite cut into my hands and felt like the shittest handheld Nintendo had ever produced. The fact it was region locked. What a fucking dick move. Was it to shift more consoles and faceplates? The original DS had an incredible library that was accessible to all, the 3DS felt walled from day one. The wiiU was a failure but at least it felt comfortable to play. I absolutely hate the 3DS in hindsight and the Vita with all it’s Japanese fun (Dragons Crown/EDF/Everybodys Golf) completely demolished it yet did not win the fight.

The best games I played to completion this year were REmake on PS4 and NES Legend of Zelda. Those two games are almost spherical in that they are both perfect. The past ten years have given us shitty failing hardware, redundant online purchases and lost content. I despise everything about the industry and found further solace in emulation, older games and handhelds. The most exciting thing in gaming right now is FPGA

Last edited:

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
I am totally on the same page as you wrt switch. Nintendo absolutely hit it out of the park. Being able to play good Nintendo games while commuting and travelling is all I ever wanted out of a handheld. The surprise third party support only makes it better.

I think the Vita deserves an honorable mention in hardware discussions. The system had so many great ideas hamstrung by poor business decisions. I think the system would have sold so much better if they simply allowed normal memory cards alone. Some of the early features like near were really cool. You could see what was being played around you and organize games. I made a lot of unexpected friends through the app. BC with digital PSP apps helped bolster a good library. I still take it on trips from time to time.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Yeah man, nice to see some Vita love too, even though I enjoy Switch, Vita is the comfiest handheld of all time even without traditional triggers. MGS3 and Persona on the go was an incredible experience and I regret selling my system. All that Falcom goodness carried over from the PSP too

shadowsfollow

New Challenger
Dark Souls
Ninja Gaiden 3RE
Code of Princess
Rocket League
Cup Head
Dead Cells
Nioh
Tempest 4000
Samurai Shodown
Castlevania Lords of Shadow

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's really hard not to bias this towards more recent games. I looked up my steam profile to remember some of these....

Skyrim
Bastion
Transistor
Elite Dangerous
Borderlands 2
Risk of Rain 1/2
Rust
Shadowrun DragonFall
Warhammer Vermintide
Zelda's
Terraria
Hotline Miami