Famicom cart storage

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
How do you folk store your carts? I was originally going to go the cassette holder route, but upon obtaining one, it's a fucking eyesore. I don't want to display my carts, just keep them clean and organized.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I just stack them up on a bookshelf and put little handwritten labels on the edges of the cart with the name so I know what's what. I used to do the cassette holder thing, and then a stacker, but just stacking them without anything is a more efficient use of space.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I did the universal cases on my loose carts (which is 99% of them). It was good enough for block buster so it's good enough for me :-)
Being able to display them doesn't have to be full collectard, having them book shelfed just makes it easy to pick out a game like you would a book. Rummaging around in a box is probably fine for 10 carts or less but would be obnoxious with tons of carts. You could go hardcore and refuse to put inserts in them and fight the man and all though and still protect your games. At 70 cents a piece it's hard to find a better option for that price. Before I had more then 10 though I did clear shoe boxes and still use those for gameboy etc. hardware stores sells those for a buck or less so I guess in that situation it's the most economical option.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I did the universal cases on my loose carts (which is 99% of them). It was good enough for block buster so it's good enough for me :-)
Being able to display them doesn't have to be full collectard, having them book shelfed just makes it easy to pick out a game like you would a book. Rummaging around in a box is probably fine for 10 carts or less but would be obnoxious with tons of carts. You could go hardcore and refuse to put inserts in them and fight the man and all though and still protect your games. At 70 cents a piece it's hard to find a better option for that price. Before I had more then 10 though I did clear shoe boxes and still use those for game it etc. hardware stores sells those for a buck or less so I guess in that situation it's the most economical option.

Yeah I have plenty of carts at this point, however a shelf is kinda out of the question for my space constraints. I might just have to get a few of them Rubbermaid bins and stick them in the closet.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
<3 Rubbermaid bins and such. A lot of times when I'm trying to figure something like this out I just grab a few carts and go to Walmart to see if I can find something. This past weekend I was trying to find something small to store loose Gameboy carts in, ended up finding some 3x5 index card boxes that are perfect for $2 and hold 18 games.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Yeah I have plenty of carts at this point, however a shelf is kinda out of the question for my space constraints. I might just have to get a few of them Rubbermaid bins and stick them in the closet.

Got a Container Store nearby?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure DZ is about the furthest away from a collectard that we have around here. Any further and he'll be "lol i already haz teh romz."

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I'm pretty sure DZ is about the furthest away from a collectard that we have around here. Any further and he'll be "lol i already haz teh romz."

I was like that for a long time though. Buying shit just to fill shelves. I'll never let myself have tons of shit just hanging around for the sake of it ever again.
That being said, Filthy has been my friend for well over a decade and he know what's up.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I use ptouch labels on the carts and just keep them stored inside a plastic bin. Most of my Nes games are in universal cases with printed covers but I did this awhile back when I gave a shit.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Ptouch labels are a damn good idea, why didn't I think of that?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I was trying to find something for this myself for loose genesis cartridges. I finally settled on standing them up on end and putting them in an old baseball card cardboard box. I wish they made boxes like this in all sizes from DS to MVS.

It makes it nice to slide out the box from under the desk takr off the lid and flip through the carts.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
I do actually. They got something there that will work?

Nothing off the top of my head, but they have a deeper selection of storage than your local walmart, etc.

The closest one to me is in Cincinnati, so I don't go up there as often as I'd like. I really wish I had more storage tho...

If you do find something, let us know!!!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I was trying to find something for this myself for loose genesis cartridges. I finally settled on standing them up on end and putting them in an old baseball card cardboard box. I wish they made boxes like this in all sizes from DS to MVS.

It makes it nice to slide out the box from under the desk takr off the lid and flip through the carts.

Oh man....baseball card box sounds like a win right now.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
20160314_142113.jpeg20160314_142121.jpeg

Old case logic carrying case for tapes, pulled out some of the plastic tabs on the far right side to fit disk drive games, and excuse the mess of wires and my mouthguard case, plus the shitty cell phone resolution