Fallout 3 PS3 DLC: anyone having problems?

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
I'm about to cave and drop the cash for all the Fallout DLC on PSN, but I've been reading a lot of complaints from PS3 owners experiencing frequent freezes and crashes in the GOTY edition, mostly within the DLC areas. I'm trying to figure out if this problem is specific to the GOTY edition or if it also plagues anyone with the original release who downloads the DLC as well.

Thanks.

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
I have heard this is apparent with both versions of the games. For some reason, there has been problems since day one with regards to the PS3 version.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I stuck with it to the bitter end but the glitches in the PS3 version are shit.

I had a few lock-ups in the normal game but Broken Steel was insane. It was so bad at the end that I wasn't almost able to complete it, it just kept locking up at the same point. I finally got through it with some strategic saving/loading but it took forever.

BTW...I had to actually DL the content, I have the non GOTY edition.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
It's that damn bad? Still?!? I've been holding back also on this... man that's shit. Either buy a great system with a broken game version or get the better game on a broken system.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
I stuck with it to the bitter end but the glitches in the PS3 version are shit.

I had a few lock-ups in the normal game but Broken Steel was insane. It was so bad at the end that I wasn't almost able to complete it, it just kept locking up at the same point. I finally got through it with some strategic saving/loading but it took forever.

BTW...I had to actually DL the content, I have the non GOTY edition.

That really sucks to hear. I hold out hope that Bethesda will release a patch, but I'm doubtful. They've made their money and the incentive to fix the PS3 version is small.

Either buy a great system with a broken game version or get the better game on a broken system.

Truth. I've considered picking up a lol360, but the exclusives don't appeal to me and the reliability sucks.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Truth. I've considered picking up a lol360, but the exclusives don't appeal to me and the reliability sucks.

I'd rather put up with the possibility of locking up rather than have the inevitability of the 360 go RRoD.

Xavier

Hardcore Neoholic
20 Year Member
I have the Xbox and the pc version of this games. On the Xbox I downloaded the extras, on the Pc I got the game of the year edition. Doesnt seem any different to me. The main game is on one disc and the add ons are on a seperate disc. You need to go into the main file and tell it to load each add on seperatly and patch the files. Thought the GOTY edition would be more seemless.

I wrote Bethesda six months ago and asked them if anybody tests video games anymore or do you guys just throw crap out there.

Americas been designing some good software these days but we need to learn how to properly polish it into a presentable product. I can easily tell the difference between an EA game and one produced in Asia.

Taiso

Outside of Causality
20 Year Member
I recently played through the 'main' quest lines on all the expansions on the Xbox 360 version and my experiences were that The Pitt was the only one to give me signifnicant problems, and that was only early on when you first have to access the slave pens.

The game seemed to lock up randomly no matter where I happened to be, but in the 70-80 hours of it I played, it maybe locked up 7 or 8 times. Once per ten hours is still too much, IMO, but I don't feel like I was ripped off by the product or that it was shoddily developed and shoved out the door or anything like that. I'm not that anal about the occasional lockup.

But if it were locking up every time I played, I'd feel a lot different.

Awesome fucking game, btw.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
The DLC problems are especially bad on the PS3 from what I've read, so that's what I'm concerned about. The 360 and PC versions seem to be mostly fine in this regard (aside from the usual Fallout 3 bugginess from which all versions suffer).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Buy the GOTY edition and sell off your original one.

If you have a PS3, there are definitely still major issues where too many DLCs will interfere each other. You may have to uninstall them and then reinstall them. But if you uninstall them, you can't use the weapons or perks you obtained. It's kind of annoying.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
Buy the GOTY edition and sell off your original one.

I read that these problems plague both the GOTY edition and the original with DLC. Is that not the case? Will using save games from my current version with GOTY cause any problems?