E3 '08 opinions

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
I can't imagine not being you guys not being excited for at least one of these games:

Street Fighter 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Gears of War 2
Mirror's Edge
Little Big Planet
Prince of Persia
Mad World
Wario Land: Shake It
Bionic Comando rearmed
Dead Space

I mean those are some freaking killer looking games. I understand there is A LOT of bullshit to wade through, and nearly all of the above games are sequels, but if you have all your bases covered (all three consoles) there really is quite a bit to be excited for. Plus we still don't know what kind of killer shit team ICO is cooking up.

But then again thats just me...

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Screw all of this...

I get more use out of my 39-1

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
The blade interface will still be there. You can choose between the old and new style.

That's good.

I also saw some screenshots of the new update which were enhanced with 'themes', and it looked much more impressive than what they had previously shown.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
20080716.jpg

Took me a minute to assign each frame to each company since the first frame uses that green circle design in the background that makes me think of the 360s box...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm really curious what's up with Nobi Nobi Boy, the next project of Keita Takahashi (the Katamari Damacy guy). Haven't heard anything on that one in ages.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Took me a minute to assign each frame to each company since the first frame uses that green circle design in the background that makes me think of the 360s box...
You mean the guy with the gigantic chin saying "We're rich as fuck" isn't obviously Reggie?

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I can't imagine not being you guys not being excited for at least one of these games:
Street Fighter 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm not a fighter fan, can't comment, looks good though)
Resident Evil 5 (honestly the more I see of this game, the less I want to play it, looks like a clunky Gears clone, which is ironic)
Resistance 2 (Yes)
Gears of War 2 (The more I see of this game, the more I want to play it, the first footage a few months back looked stale and boring)
Mirror's Edge (YES)
Little Big Planet (Sure I guess)
Prince of Persia (Snooze)
Mad World (No comment, haven't really seen it, it's a Wii game?)
Wario Land: Shake It (Don't own a Wii anymore)
Bionic Comando rearmed (I'll give it a whirl, no pun intended)
Dead Space (Yes)

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
You mean the guy with the gigantic chin saying "We're rich as fuck" isn't obviously Reggie?

Guess I don't follow close enough.

My first assignments went from left to right, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I figured the Wii was the one with the ever expanding demographic, while Microsoft didn't give a shit as they will continue to dump 100mil into this business seemingly regardless of potential returns. And Sony's recent foray with the PS3 seems pretty well represented in the third frame.

Then I got confused by the green circles...

So I guess the right answer is Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony.

Unless the final frame is Atari.

Clearly I fall into the Wii's new casual gamer category now since I don't recognize company spokesman caricatures :(

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza

Street Fighter 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Gears of War 2
Mirror's Edge
Little Big Planet
Prince of Persia
Mad World
Wario Land: Shake It
Bionic Comando rearmed
Dead Space

I mean those are some freaking killer looking games. I understand there is A LOT of bullshit to wade through, and nearly all of the above games are sequels, but if you have all your bases covered (all three consoles) there really is quite a bit to be excited for. Plus we still don't know what kind of killer shit team ICO is cooking up.

But then again thats just me...

The first five seem interesting. I'm not sure about Little Big Planet. It's different and all, but I'm not sure if I will like that one. I said the same thing about Katamari and I ended up loving it, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh and I'm also interested in the new LOTR Conquest game by Pandemic. It probably won't be the best game out there, but I liked Battlefront so it could be good.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I can't imagine not being you guys not being excited for at least one of these games: ~

FALLOUT 3, holy shit, everyone needs to see the main trailer in 1080p.

Resident Evil 5 (honestly the more I see of this game, the less I want to play it,

Go on. Looks unbelievable to me.

Here's what I'm looking forward to on ps3 (since that's all I got):

Fallout 3
Bioshock
Dead Space
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Tales of Vesperia (since it was on that Namco/Bandai upcoming release list a while back by accident, then later removed, I have a feeling it'll eventually come out on the triple)
Final Fantasy XIII (and Versus XIII)
Little Big Planet

Just to name a few.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Screw everything else, I'm going to watch the Rage trailer on repeat for a few hours. Hope EA doesn't fag up the Linux ports of idTech5 games.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
If Prince of Persia doesn't look like a sick game to you, I'm not sure if what you are can even be called a gamer anymore. Did you even play Sands of Time? I know there are many of us who are more excited about collecting old arcade games than what's being made today, but if you can't even acknowledge good game-making when it happens today "old fogey" becomes a more appropriate term than "gamer."

If you're looking for Japanese games, wait for TGS. E3 is shrinking -- all the more reason for Japanese developers to hold back.

The loss of Final Fantasy is hardly something a company will cry itself to bed over in this day and age.

Maybe 10 years ago.

But in all honesty, FF has been dying a slow painful death since 1998. What a pathetic series. I feel sorry for the people that actually buy that burgled turd.
Otaku girls LOVE it. It's why they buy PlayStation consoles. It's a very significant demographic. And the latter half of the 90's is when they came on board.

The blade interface will still be there. You can choose between the old and new style.
The demonstration made it look like the blade interface is only for when you press the guide button. In the video that's what he was talking about when he said you had a choice. I hope I'm wrong.