Does the Ninja Masters Cart confirm there will be more Cart releases?

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
Looking at the Ninja Masters Cart packaging with both the Tommo and SNK Playmore logo on it, this does give me faith there will be more carts released. Ninja Masters was published by SNK, so at least I have faith we may see the games developed/published by SNK on the system.

Unfortunalty I'm not sure about games from other developers; Waku Waku 7 and Street Hoop are two of my favourite games on the Neo Geo....am I living the dream hoping they'll get a release?:drool:

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
There are definitely going to be more released but dont know what yet, however there better be a huge selection and not just a few as really I only got it for the game card releases as most of the 20 installed games I dont like or have played to death and would really have not bothered me if it had nothing preinstalled and just came with the whole neo library on cards.

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
They better release more than 1 game for cart. I don't think many people want to haul around 20 sd cards.

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
:lolz: yea, they won't be doing that as there is not enough milking going on by doing that.

I agree, it would also defeat the object of having an SD Card slot if you could pack a load on one card. That said given time, someone will work out a hack.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
I agree, it would also defeat the object of having an SD Card slot if you could pack a load on one card. That said given time, someone will work out a hack.

You need to check out the hack topic. There's an SD-Adapter modification hack that allows rom storage, and 337-model owners can not only swap the files on the internal SD but can now re-flash it via USB with a (modified) backup.
Seems like the only large advancement left is the GCW Zero getting released for a firmware port.

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
You need to check out the hack topic. There's an SD-Adapter modification hack that allows rom storage, and 337-model owners can not only swap the files on the internal SD but can now re-flash it via USB with a (modified) backup.
Seems like the only large advancement left is the GCW Zero getting released for a firmware port.

Yeah I've been following the thread. Whilst Bios installation seems like a good idea and even the game storage for rom use, I worry if it'll mean people wont buy cards. If everyone gets it for free, whats the point in tommo releasing anymore game cards? Aaaaaahhh the dilemma!!!:eek_2:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Yeah I've been following the thread. Whilst Bios installation seems like a good idea and even the game storage for rom use, I worry if it'll mean people wont buy cards. If everyone gets it for free, whats the point in tommo releasing anymore game cards? Aaaaaahhh the dilemma!!!:eek_2:

You're right, that'll pretty much be useless. They should have had games ready to buy upon release of the system so at least they could have sold something before the hacking began.

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
Tommo said they would announce details regarding additional game cards by end of December. We're waiting.

gamesboro

Kuroko's Training Dummy
If the games are reasonably priced I'll buy them all just as collectors items.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Maybe I am I don't know. I just hope they put out more cards!

also what about NG dev teams neo releases, if they were to be releaesed on sd card it would cut manufacturing costs for ng dev team and allow tommo snkp to promote brand new games :D, this surely has to be explored.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
also what about NG dev teams neo releases, if they were to be releaesed on sd card it would cut manufacturing costs for ng dev team and allow tommo snkp to promote brand new games :D, this surely has to be explored.

NG:Dev said that it would only be considered if the X had good enough security, so it's almost assuredly not happening.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I wonder why that is... there is no security with the Dreamcast version either...

edit: oh I get it, if they release it in neo geo rom format for the x, then surely mvs bootlegs will follow! So they would be ill adviced to do it.

Tommo said they would announce details regarding additional game cards by end of December. We're waiting.

Just 350 days to go then!

Last edited:

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!

we are on january and still i still have not read about future titles of this portable. promises, promises but nothing.

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
If the games are reasonably priced I'll buy them all just as collectors items.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Maybe I am I don't know. I just hope they put out more cards!

I´ll do the same but i will buy 2 games of the same title. one to play and the other for collect.

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
December of 3012, suckaz.

Hahahahaha lets hope not!!! PS. Does anyone know where Tommo promised it would be before the end of 2012?

For what it's worth, someone over at The Cover Project put together case art for Ninja Masters that fits in a standard Nintendo DS case for those interested in printing up a case:

http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=11820.0

Cheers for the link, cover looks superb. Personally I'd like a good protective carry cases for my new Neo Geo X Gold.

TSOLfan

New Challenger
Love that cover art, thanks for posting that link!

Agreed. I'd also love to see some repurposed Neo Geo CD art modified to fit a DS case, which I wouldn't think would be too terribly difficult given the case dimensions (as opposed to going full DVD case size and having to recreate a ton of art).

TSOLfan

New Challenger
Agreed. I'd also love to see some repurposed Neo Geo CD art modified to fit a DS case, which I wouldn't think would be too terribly difficult given the case dimensions (as opposed to going full DVD case size and having to recreate a ton of art).

Oh, and just swap the "CD" with an "X" :)

Cheers for the link, cover looks superb. Personally I'd like a good protective carry cases for my new Neo Geo X Gold.

I picked up a Rocketfish starter kit for the PS VITA at Best Buy that includes a case that fits the NGX well. The kit was $10 (US). Also includes a decent polish cloth. The screen protector is the wrong size but could probably easily be trimmed down if you wanted to apply it. I still need to test storing SD cards in the cartridge case to see if it would be helpful. Here's a link if you want to see:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...62&skuId=6314893&st=vita rocketfish&cp=1&lp=1

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
I picked up a Rocketfish starter kit for the PS VITA at Best Buy that includes a case that fits the NGX well. The kit was $10 (US). Also includes a decent polish cloth. The screen protector is the wrong size but could probably easily be trimmed down if you wanted to apply it. I still need to test storing SD cards in the cartridge case to see if it would be helpful. Here's a link if you want to see:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...62&skuId=6314893&st=vita rocketfish&cp=1&lp=1

Aaaah thank you, thank you, thank you!! Have found it on UK Amazon and a few other cases that look like they'll do the job. Many thanks!!!:buttrock: