Does the Ninja Masters Cart confirm there will be more Cart releases?

cabear

n00b
when i got my ngx the guys at gamestop were asking ME if they were releasing any other games. i told them probably not.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
when i got my ngx the guys at gamestop were asking ME if they were releasing any other games. i told them probably not.

It's always a good sign when the retailer is asking the customer if they know what they'll be selling in the future.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
It's always a good sign when the retailer is asking the customer if they know what they'll be selling in the future.
Some retailers know shit, when I preordered KOF XIII, I went to the store called Games to collect it and the guy never even knew what it was and I said it came out today and he went to the back and brings it out saying oh yes its just come in, I asked for my pre order bonuses and he said its in the case so I thought maybe it was as had the poster and art disc in there, but no 4 CD's, so I went back and told them I never got them, Another guy said you dont get the 4 CD's unless you ordered it online, yet when I ordered it from the shop, they told me that it came with that as a preorder bonus, the shop was fucking useless and a month later all the Games stores went into liquidation.

4lom

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
For what it's worth, Tommo is taking game suggestions on their Facebook Page. Sure hope they announce something soon.

TSOLfan

New Challenger
nintendo DS boxes works with neo geo x gold games?

The SD card is smaller than the standard DS game, though, I do know there are a variety of SD card "cases" you can buy. You would just have to find one with the right dimensions that would fit snugly. The DS game dimensions are 35mm × 33mm.

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
The SD card is smaller than the standard DS game, though, I do know there are a variety of SD card "cases" you can buy. You would just have to find one with the right dimensions that would fit snugly. The DS game dimensions are 35mm × 33mm.

i know there are many cases for SD cartridges, but i want to find something like ps vita cases or nintendo ds or 3ds to put covers for each game they release.

TSOLfan

New Challenger
i know there are many cases for SD cartridges, but i want to find something like ps vita cases or nintendo ds or 3ds to put covers for each game they release.

Completely understand, and we are on the same page. My reference to SD card "cases" were to add the extra height/width to the SD card to allow them to snap into a DS/3DS case, as right now, the SD card is smaller than a standard DS/3DS game. Though, perhaps finding the right SD card "case" that would add just enough extra height/width.

Similar to what Sega had for the Sega Master System cards:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41k7nYyjhaL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

If you didn't have your card in that sleeve, it wouldn't snap into the case correctly.

Lee Gray

For what it's worth, Tommo is taking game suggestions on their Facebook Page. Sure hope they announce something soon.

You would have thought they would have had a handful of titles ready at system release date.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yeah I've been following the thread. Whilst Bios installation seems like a good idea and even the game storage for rom use, I worry if it'll mean people wont buy cards. If everyone gets it for free, whats the point in tommo releasing anymore game cards? Aaaaaahhh the dilemma!!!:eek_2:

That's why we were saying that tommo should make it in some kind of collectible presentation like DS cases with insert, manual blah blah. If they are just going to be on card stock, no one will buy them.

pipes

That's why we were saying that tommo should make it in some kind of collectible presentation like DS cases with insert, manual blah blah. If they are just going to be on card stock, no one will buy them.

Very true. There really wouldn't be much reason to buy them if they're all going to come packaged like Ninja Masters. I'm curious to see what they're going to charge for these games.

Lee Gray

21 games aren't enough for you?

/sarcasm

Only if they had been 21 games I liked.

I will still be buying the cards if released on cardboard, after all the games are meant to be played but cool packaging would be nice as I am a stickler for manuals as love reading bios. But seeing the site says you can download manuals from there even though theres none yet, I dont know if they will releases the games with manuals.
For some reason cant bring myself to cut open ninja masters even though the packagings crap, thats the collector in me.
If however someone gave me a card with all games on it, I wouldnt say no.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Very true. There really wouldn't be much reason to buy them if they're all going to come packaged like Ninja Masters. I'm curious to see what they're going to charge for these games.

If they make it around the $15-20 mark I can see them selling pretty well. Anything over that might be a tough sell with no collector value in the packaging.

Lee Gray

Yeah I certainly wouldnt pay no more for basic packaging.

slerch666

updyke,
If they make it around the $15-20 mark I can see them selling pretty well. Anything over that might be a tough sell with no collector value in the packaging.

I'll only pay $20, even if it comes in a pretty package, if it includes multiple games on one card. I'll be fucked in the ass sideways if I'm paying $20 +/- apiece for each KoF, SamSho, etc... again. Give me a nice package, put 3+ games on a card and I'll bite at $20. Put 1 game on a card and charge me $20? I'll pass.

pipes

I'll only pay $20, even if it comes in a pretty package, if it includes multiple games on one card. I'll be fucked in the ass sideways if I'm paying $20 +/- apiece for each KoF, SamSho, etc... again. Give me a nice package, put 3+ games on a card and I'll bite at $20. Put 1 game on a card and charge me $20? I'll pass.

I was thinking the same thing. They should definitely include multiple games on one card. $20 for one game is a bit steep I think.

i was thinking for future card releases why don't they just utilise mini CD jewel cases, they're small but just big enough and the tray could be changed to fit the sd card sort of like the way pc-engine/turbografx games came, tidy and neat.

Prices

I'd be shocked if single games using Ninja Master's packaging end up costing more than $10. The 64MB SD card, packaging, and preloaded ROM cost next to nothing to produce, and considering the games usually go for $9 on Wii VC/PSN, I can't see SNK charging extra to NGX owners.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You mean Tommo. SNK has nothing to do with this.

Except for licensing. That's the kicker. I'm pretty sure the licensing per physical game cost is <$5. Then slap it into a "modified" SD and some expensive card stock behind it and bam $40.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
I'd be shocked if single games using Ninja Master's packaging end up costing more than $10. The 64MB SD card, packaging, and preloaded ROM cost next to nothing to produce, and considering the games usually go for $9 on Wii VC/PSN, I can't see SNK charging extra to NGX owners.

They can do it if they pick titles that aren't on Wii or PSN, obscure ones like Pleasuregoal. I bet SSVS would sell really well.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think if they do it with good packaging and maybe a silver foil serial on each game, it would be a nice touch.

pipes

I think if they do it with good packaging and maybe a silver foil serial on each game, it would be a nice touch.

Based on what I've seen so far, I'd be shocked if they put that much effort towards the game cards.

SSS

neo retired
hmmm, what should the price point be to play neo games with frame skipping, screen tearing, and shit audio? Not sure.