DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou Is Getting a 360 Port (Spring 2013)

PinkSweets

King's Dry Cleaner
Due to SDOJ's success in the arcades, Cave has officially announced that a port will be coming to the Xbox360 in Spring of 2013.

Here is an article from Famitsu and some screens from the trailer that was shown at the event.

Right here

It states that there will be a Novice Mode, an Arrange Mode, a new pilot named EXTRAD and, of course, high-definition graphics. Nothing surprising here.

Here is the actual trailer and footage of Asada playing the port!

Youtube

nicovideo

Yeah, I had a feeling Mushi HD wouldn't be the last Cave port.

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
YAYYYY! <Huge f---in grin on chempop's face right now!>

Kiken

Camel Slug
According to Asada, we have Microsoft to thank for this port... as they actually asked Cave to port the game when they saw how well it was doing in the arcades.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
According to Asada, we have Microsoft to thank for this port... as they actually asked Cave to port the game when they saw how well it was doing in the arcades.

That's the first time I've heard of MS doing something right in years.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
WOW. I REALLY DIDN'T EXPECT...
SaiDaiOuJou to look so dramatically different from the original. I just expected 'Pink Pullets' palette changes and a HD look, but no, Cave have really gone to town on reinvigorating this one.

*sigh* it's days like this I either: 1) wish I had a JP360 or (more preferably)... 2) Cave bothered to support the PS3 as well.

Seeing titles like this and DaiFukkatsu really kills me on the inside, but I really struggle justifying owning BOTH consoles for day-to-day use.

(p.s. I don't actually like MS either - at all, which doesn't help)

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Oh snap, this might be the tipping point on whether or not I buy a JP360. I've been throwing the idea around for years; but Rising Star Games was making it look like it might not happen; but now....... Although if for some reason this did get a US release I'd probably regret it; kinda like my regret for importing Under Defeat HD when there's now going to be a US release.

Josh

Banned
We currently have complete Jspec jasper and trinity units starting at $349.99.

I can't get enough of the Jspec 360. Having the 11 retail cave ports, allong with a great selection of us region free games, its truly the hardcore gamers next gen machine.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
We currently have complete Jspec jasper and trinity units starting at $349.99.

I can't get enough of the Jspec 360. Having the 11 retail cave ports, allong with a great selection of us region free games, its truly the hardcore gamers next gen machine.

like totally bro:lolz:

Josh

Banned
Oh yeah baby. It's too bad, as far as Im aware, none of the Cave games have online co-op or spectator modes.

Josh

Banned
Im online now with a JP Deathsmiles and no one has been seen going on 20mins now. Anyone have this game near by? I'm up for some co op.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I notice you're not in the states, but Cave has said that there are a couple of companies interested in western localization. One wants to release day-and-date with the Japanese version.

The language is noteworthy: "Outside of Japan". Which might not bar another US/Europe region free release like DDPR.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/2...aioujou-simultaneously-in-japan-and-the-west/
Well, that would be fantastic for us all!

SDOJ is probably my 2nd favorite title in the series, will be nice to see it get a widespread release. Hopefully this is a sign of how things will be for future Cave releases as well.