Dirty Emulators - The Pandora 400 in 1? JOIN THE GROUP BUY, see post 32

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
group buy?

Edit: I inquired about a group rate from them. Worth a shot.

They've got a 5 pack bundle of them for $380, and the shipping is only $20 more than a single unit... So, that's good. Shipping on one of these to CA is about $40 :(, but if we can do it in a bulk of 5 it brings it to a more reasonable $17-18. Might even be able to get it down more. CA doesn't have the Airmail option anymore, that's about half the shipping cost as the FedEx economy rates... and the price per unit drops slightly for the five units, so if we do ten or more they may do even better.

I'd be down for a group buy. We wouldn't save much on the units, but we might be able to save a bundle in shipping if we get enough people interested.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I've tried a couple of these x in 1 games & have always gotten terrible results when came to CPS1/CPS2/CPS3...The other games seem ok but really not familiar with them to know the difference, so if your'e picking it up for that then i guess it worth it. I think the shumups have no tate mode. Fighting games framerate has always been terrible.

If there is a group buy ill probably join it to see if they improve.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
They've got a 5 pack bundle of them for $380, and the shipping is only $20 more than a single unit... So, that's good. Shipping on one of these to CA is about $40 :(, but if we can do it in a bulk of 5 it brings it to a more reasonable $17-18. Might even be able to get it down more. CA doesn't have the Airmail option anymore, that's about half the shipping cost as the FedEx economy rates... and the price per unit drops slightly for the five units, so if we do ten or more they may do even better.

I'd be down for a group buy. We wouldn't save much on the units, but we might be able to save a bundle in shipping if we get enough people interested.

They replied back asking how many i wanted. I asked about a price break on 10, 20, and 25 respectively. I'll let you guys know what they say. Im pretty sure we have at least 10 just in this thread (hell, im in for 2.).

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
This seems like an interesting option. I'm still on that "GroovyMAME" train...

Would love to see a side by side comparison of an original PCB to Pandora.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
I'd be interested in a group buy. Always hesitant to go down the x in 1 hole, but the price is right.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
As am I. I'd love to play a few CPS shmups and fighters before buying them for more than the price of this cart.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Best price is at 20 total pieces (for less than 20 the buy 5 deal is in effect for more, the price is still the same).

They will be $70 a pop. Do we have enough interest for 20?

Shipping all 20 to me would be $100. All in price is 75 a pop before i part them out to everyone. (there is additional shipping from me to you.).

Who is in?

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
gonna start a list right here:

1- cdamm
2- cdamm
3- ggallegos1
4- roadbuster
5- deeeeeeez
6- surrendering maple sucker
7- notsonic
8- lantus
9- kuze
10- coleridge
11- zapperkahn.
12- soniku
13- bunny.
14- ninjaspandex
15- HDRchampion
16- genetik
17- cornerstone
18- Wataru330
19- yodd plz
20- pandarr

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I've been working on hacking these things (Game Elf and Pandora) for a bit.

The res switch is NOT a big deal and I don't think it will do much, if any, damage. The Astro has a lockout and I've been using mine to experiment with these things.

I'm pretty close to getting these things clocked and "clone-able" or at least buildable on your own with their hardware.

They're Chinese hack jobs. Sometimes you get something good, most times, it's just a product slapped together in a hurry with little quality control.

They're ARM based micro-mobos with some customization on them and a hacked busybox install through an SD card slot.

Not complicated at all.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I'm down for one. Can we see about getting the jamma adapters with these too?

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
gonna start a list right here:

1- cdamm
2- cdamm
3- ggallegos1
4- roadbuster
5- deeeeeeez
6- surrendering maple sucker
7- notsonic
8- lantus
9- kuze
10- coleridge
11- zapperkahn.

I'd like one as well, please.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'd be down for one :D, I want it for the CPS1 , as long as those play fine I'd be happy.

You are the man Chris :buttrock:

Just noticed In the Hunt is on there too anyone know how that one plays? What about Metal Slug 6, is that actually the atomiswave game or just the typical MVS hack?

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'd be down for one :D, I want it for the CPS1 , as long as those play fine I'd be happy.

You are the man Chris :buttrock:

Just noticed In the Hunt is on there too anyone know how that one plays? What about Metal Slug 6, is that actually the atomiswave game or just the typical MVS hack?

Got it.

As far as your questions - I really don't know how it all plays. But I saw a few vids and it looked good enough for me.